• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PerfectWorldshipping (Sycamore/Lysandre)

dang that fanmix is so good!! i don't know many of the artists but the lyrics are spot on, yo. excuse me while i go sob a bit brb :')

finished my dumb fic which is really short (sorry) and i wrote it in reverse order for some reason?? strange things happen when you start writing at 4 am, man.
the last man - oryx - Pocket Monsters | Pokemon (Main Video Game Series) [Archive of Our Own]

TL;DR time ahoy: GOD i just love the contrast between them sfm. sycamore as a professor of evolution, who's probably at least a little bit interested in human growth & maturation as well even if he doesn't study it. he probably considers the way people grow & change over their lives to be really interesting and lovely, and probably thinks of old age as like... a human's third stage evolution. a result of having gained enough experience, perhaps. whereas lysandre thinks beauty should be a constant, something that stays the same forever, something that never fades or changes. but without development there can be no advancement. if you keep pressing the b button your pokemon will stay small and cute but it will never reach its full potential and i just - URGH. pokemon getting all deep & meaningful on me. i didn't want these emotions 8|

Your fic is killing me Zel it's not fair ;____;

The contrast with them is the greatest thing. That's what makes them great and very painful at the same time......

Also I'm glad you like the choices of the songs! Araragi chose most of them TBH since I'm not quality enough to have good music...OTL

Welp, I've returned after having read that fic. The end, or rather the beginning, was just wonderful. ;A;

th-thanks so much, guys ///
"your fic is killing me" - truly the greatest praise one can hope to hear ;o

OKAY well first of all i apologize for the double post. i solemnly swear to never do it again!! (´Д`)

aaand apparently i couldn't resist hopping on the fanmix train either...
i'm too embarrassed by my old-man-ish taste in music to post it on tumblr, but i know you guys won't judge me, right? 'cause you're true bros. [hugs u all]
the title is in reference to "i know it's over" by the smiths which didn't quite fit into the mix but i still wanted to include it somehow, so.

track list!!
* the perfect kiss - new order
i stood there beside myself
thinking hard about the weather
then came by a friend of mine
suggested we go out together
then i knew it from the start:
this friend of mine would fall apart
pretending not to see his gun
i said 'let's go out and have some fun'

* the scientist - coldplay
come up to meet you, tell you i'm sorry
you don't know how lovely you are
i had to find you, tell you i need you
tell you i'll set you apart

* death is a disease - clint mansell
{instrumental}

* let's all make a bomb - heaven 17
and as the low aggress the high
all you can do is sit and cry
you've only got yourself to blame
don't try to stop me, it's too late
my mind's made up, this job won't wait
there's nothing left for me to say

* last goodbye - jeff buckley
did you say 'no, this can't happen to me'
and did you rush to the phone to call?
was there a voice unkind in the back of your mind
saying maybe you didn't know him at all?

* walking in my shoes - depeche mode
morality would frown upon
decency look down upon
the scapegoat fate's made of me
but i promise now, my judge and jurors
my intentions couldn't have been purer
my case is easy to see

* your eyes open - keane
well it's a lonely road that you have chosen
morning comes and you don't want to know me anymore
and it's a long time since your heart was frozen
morning comes and you don't want to know me anymore

* leave in silence - depeche mode
reached our natural conclusion
outlived the illusion
i hate being in these situations
that call for diplomatic relations
if i only knew the answer
or i thought we had a chance
or i could stop this
i would stop this thing from spreading like a cancer

* wicked game - chris isaak
the world was on fire and no one could save me but you
it's strange what desire will make foolish people do
i never dreamed that i'd meet somebody like you
and i never dreamed that i'd lose somebody like you

* the end - the doors
this is the end
beautiful friend
this is the end
my only friend, the end
of our elaborate plans, the end
of everything that stands, the end
no safety or surprise, the end
i'll never look into your eyes again

* luv (sic) part 5 - nujabes & shing02
till death do us part, and it did
come sudden like clouds, and it hid my sun
my truth heavier than imagined, a lid die-cast in lead
on our lives we nourished
and the days we cherished as kids
we let them whizz on by, but when i rewind
your smile is the only thing that comes to mind
your smile is the only thing that shines​

there's also a bonus track at the end, but despite being a joke it is... startlingly apropos? ;o

Last edited by a moderator:
So what do we call this ship?

Edit: Never mind I forgot it was in the thread title XD
Or do we wanna come up with a better name?

@izarith; Please don't double post, if you were the last one to post but have more to add, just edit your previous post :)

Also, I blame Yoshi with ruining my life with this ship :p The playlist was fun and heartbreaking to make oh god. I need to catch up on reading some fics one day soon~

Lately things I like to see with this ship is a bunch of domestic stuff like "Who cooks" etc

So I think I'll bring the Domestically meme here!

who cooks normally?:

how often do they fight?:

what do they do when they’re away from each other?:

nicknames for each other?:

who is more likely to pay for dinner?:

who steals the covers at night?:

what would they get each other for gifts?:

who remembers things?:

who cusses more?:

what would they do if the other one was hurt?:

who kissed who first?:

who made the first move?:

who started the relationship?:

who cooks normally?: Lysandre's hair.

how often do they fight?: Whenever Lysandre wants to destroy the world.

what do they do when they’re away from each other?: Lysandre tries to destroy the world, Sycamore studies Mega Evolution

nicknames for each other?: Sycling, Mega Lysandre

who is more likely to pay for dinner?: The waiter will pay for not being beautiful!

Thats as far as I got.

OHMANOHMAN YES THIS GAME I LOVE THIS GAME

Who cooks normally?: Hmm, probably Sycamore. Though Lysandre takes over every once in a while, when he grows tired of everything being wrapped in crepes.
How often do they fight?: Their, em, political views tend to clash. So whenever beauty and a perfect world and such crop up.
What do they do when they’re away from each other?: Science and Pokémon training. But mostly science. And planning the end of the world as we know it.
Nicknames for each other?: Sycamore calls Lysandre "Lys", but I imagine Lysandre isn't one for pet names and simply calls the Prof. "Augustine".
Who is more likely to pay for dinner?: Lysandre.
Who steals the covers at night?: Sycamore. Lysandre tends not to mind, though.
What would they get each other for gifts?: Sycamore would probably get Lysandre a gag gift and a real gift; the gag gift would be like a hair comb or something. The real gift would possibly a Pokémon of some sort, or at least something like a specialty Johto Pokéball; the only prerequisite being that it has to be red. Lysandre would probably stay small and formal, because he likes to pretend to be a responsible adult. I'd think something like a labcoat or maybe new socks. My headcanon is that the Prof. loves socks, so :p

Who remembers things?: Lysandre; Sycamore always came off as more scatterbrained and fast-paced, so he forgets things sometimes (more like "all the time", really.)
Who cusses more?: Lysandre, I think he'd be a particular fan of the word "damn".
What would they do if the other one was hurt?: Sycamore would probably coddle Lysandre like a mad Ursaring who's lost her cub. Lys would take a more subdued approach and actually work towards healing Sycamore rather than hovering over him 24/7.

Who kissed who first?: Sycamore, the cad ;3
Who made the first move?: Sycamore again.
Who started the relationship?: Lysandre; seeing as Sycamore's feeling is mutual on his part and the fact that the Prof is very much an old-fashioned French-lover type, I think he'd take the intiative to actually start something for real. And then Sycamore's all like, ":D :D :D" aaaaaaahhhhhh

I have found you my pretty little thread, you can't hide from me.
This ship is probably the first same gender pokemon ship I've ever shipped and I love it. Fan art has made me eyes bleed a couple of time and some fan-fics are even worse. I blame Tumblr.
I just can really see it happening, not that I expect Nintendo to ever publish a same gender relationship in their games and if they do it'll be censored in America (and since Britain's games are basically exactly the same so will ours even though our laws and sociology is a little different)

I also can not see Sycamore thanking the player for saving Lysandre if Lysandre is dead because the player only cared about saving themselves. I really don't believe he died. So the ship works fine for me and as many have speculated, that Sycamore is actually hiding Lysandre from harm. (Give me my Pokemon XY2/Z already!)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom