• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Periodic Table Mafia ~ Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
hOLY SHIT WE HAVE A CUUUUULLLT

Hahahahahahaha! I wish XD

No, we don't.

Basically, they choose two people and... bind them together? Recruit them to work only with each other? Anyway, due to how the mechanics of my ability works, it ended up being me who was one of the targets. Elieson was the other. That's how I found out.

You could just not use the softclaim...???

Your entire game has been off. If you were Town, I don't believe you would have removed your vote on Feenie to vote TheCapsFan with no chance to prove himself when he could have Roleblocked FA.
I always use the softclaim regardless of alignment.

I was honestly sick and tried to be extra scummy so I could survive longer. Town!me would definitely vote Caps when he was CCing with masons and the other option was unCCd Doc Sword Master. I won't wait for a town roleblocker to prove their role when masons CC him, sacrificing a Doctor instead.
Zexy I e seen you fake soft claim as mafia, idk which.

And how about stopping with meta. Your defense has been meta, the kind that is WIFOM.
Not all softclaims are the same; Cop ones are stronger because it's effectively the same as claiming Cop right into d1, the same CC risk.

How about not stopping with meta, my meta is using meta anyway.
Long story short? I stole someone's recruitment attempt.
BA DUM TUSS!
... I really wanna hear more, here's hoping it's not exactly a Cult...

Basically, they choose two people and... bind them together? Recruit them to work only with each other? Anyway, due to how the mechanics of my ability works, it ended up being me who was one of the targets. Elieson was the other. That's how I found out.
Cupid-like thing? Didn't Card Mafia have something like this too?

@Elieson are you the one who's doing these? You're not really recruitment-proof here, aren't you? You probably are the one recruiting somehow...

Any further details are good, Eresh; did you kinda become indeps there? In what ways are you bound.

... actually, depending on what you learn, you may want to withhold that info until the day comes but you should eventually reveal even more, as much as possible.

@Elieson are you the one who's doing these? You're not really recruitment-proof here, aren't you? You probably are the one recruiting somehow...

hOLY SHIT HAHA I WAS RIGHT DAY ONE THEN THAT ELIESON WAS HIDING SOMETHING

I think so on the Cupid-like thing. I'll have to ask. I do know it has a couple of other effects, but it didn't change my alignment. Most of the effects can't activate because I don't have someone I'm paired with. Which kinda sucks, because the ones that are not active are awesome.

But, yeah, I think I royally destroyed someone's strategy when I used my ability on the first night. I think someone was hoping to leverage Elieson's control over FA and didn't count on Elieson actually being unrecruitable or my ability being used on the first night.

If they're Mafia, I think I made an enemy...

@Ereshkigal
Are you still the same alignment that you started the game as?
A few more hints I dropped was being sure that more cop roles than just LG's 1x anytime cop claim existed, talking about how I used my role on someone (HumanDawn, since I always am paranoid of him) but it was redirected to Ereshkigal who I said I trusted beause of the outcome (she came up town), asking if the anytime cop was explicitly called Alignment or not (since mine is explicitly called Alignment Cop), being surprised when they said it wasn't called Alignment Cop in their case, saying that I have a role as good or maybe better than Sword Master's.
As a counterpoint, nothing about that proves that you're really a cop, though. All of these hints are just subtle enough that they could have been unplanned and you're just looking for things to help corroborate your claim or just there in case you decided to go with it later. The "C-O-emoji-as-P" one in particular is really reaching, and I have to agree with Human and Space that it definitely reminds me of your XY&Z scumplay. Asking about the anytime cop could easily have been fishing for more info to help craft a fakeclaim.

As scum, I've tried doing similar things with "vague hints" early on just so - if I had too - I could have some "proof" for a fakeclaim. Holiday Mafia I believe I did that, just that I abandoned ship with whatever I was planning to fakeclaim after a legit one showed up and then I got caught in a bluff by Human, but let's just forget that part, it was a dark moment in my mafia career lol

@everyone
I'm kinda at a loss here on what the ideal kill is tonight since so much has happened this night phase. I've seen Zexy (seemed to be the majority, but I dunno now with his claim), Feenie, and jack mentioned. And now with this whole recruitment thing, you guys might want to do something about Elieson if he's actually a recruiter of some sort.

I'm pretty certain that, given how my ability works, I would know if Elieson is a recruiter.

No real need to target him, plus his entire gameplay up to this point has been town. More town than mine has been, to be blunt.

@FinalArcadia

Zexy is still the most likely scum.

I'm pretty certain that, given how my ability works, I would know if Elieson is a recruiter.

No real need to target him, plus his entire gameplay up to this point has been town. More town than mine has been, to be blunt.

Wait, so you stole a recruiter shot? How does tgat confirm Elieson, then?

The role in card mafia was called mistletoe. The two people had to be of the same alignment and every player living by the end needed to have been paired up with another player.It was harmless though. It had no actual effect. This sounds more like some kind of loverizer.

Anyways @FinalArcadia I don't think Zexy is worth shooting. If he really is cop then let mafia kill him. @Space @Feenie @swarla and @DarthWolf13 are our unknowns. Space and Feenie have been posting so I rather give them a free pass on being shot currently. Swarla is probably trying to catch up still plus ME looked town so they're fine for now. Thus I think jack or darth would make good shots. Both have been pretty inactive, and jacks been more on the suspicious side. Darth has hardly posted or done anything.

Wait, so you stole a recruiter shot? How does tgat confirm Elieson, then?

It didn't recruit Elieson, thus proving beyond a doubt that even the most suspicious claim Elieson had was the truth.

So it was used on them?

The person who used the ability used it on two people. Thanks to my ability, I stole being one of the targets. Elieson ended up the other. As a result, I know Elieson's ability because the recruitment failed on their end, leaving me stuck as a single-person group.

The person who used the ability used it on two people. Thanks to my ability, I stole being one of the targets. Elieson ended up the other. As a result, I know Elieson's ability because the recruitment failed on their end, leaving me stuck as a single-person group.

But why didn't the Elieson target get absorbed by you too? If there were two targets... both would be taken by you.

But why didn't the Elieson target get absorbed by you too? If there were two targets... both would be taken by you.

I don't know. It's something on the end of the person who used it, I think. The grouping gives bonuses if both people in the group are alive, so I think it can't have both targets go to the same person for balance reasons.

Just a heads up, but tomorrow I will be gone for the majority of the day because of my infusion appointment. I'll try to get on later and catch up then though!

@Ereshkigal How did you get so much information from this recruiter ability being used on you (instead of Elieson)... was it given in detail to you or are you assuming it due to Elieson's own ability? Sorry I'm just a bit lost. The recruiting ability honestly sounds like a cult but I guess it can't be if what you're telling us is true. Or it still could be maybe if it's some pseudo-cult like thing.

@Ereshkigal How did you get so much information from this recruiter ability being used on you (instead of Elieson)... was it given in detail to you or are you assuming it due to Elieson's own ability? Sorry I'm just a bit lost. The recruiting ability honestly sounds like a cult but I guess it can't be if what you're telling us is true. Or it still could be maybe if it's some pseudo-cult like thing.

Given to me in detail. Just like the Silence effect was.

Also, I plan to post the text of the Silence effect to a certain quotebook once the game is over. You might be surprised at the level of detail Pikochu went to just to make certain I had no way to say how I communicated wasn't covered.

@Space @Feenie @swarla and @DarthWolf13 are our unknowns. Space and Feenie have been posting so I rather give them a free pass on being shot currently. Swarla is probably trying to catch up still plus ME looked town so they're fine for now. Thus I think jack or darth would make good shots. Both have been pretty inactive, and jacks been more on the suspicious side. Darth has hardly posted or done anything
I agree on the kill options, expect myself of course. I don't know which one would be best, I'll leave that up to @FinalArcadia.
I'm not as inactive as jack, sure I haven't posted much, but at least I participate.

Day 3 ~ Separating Bonds

Day 3 ~ Separating Bonds

SoaringLooker was the only leader who didn’t sleep during the night. He had set up motioned detectors around each room’s door, and was silently surveying his own room’s inhabitants. The sisters were sleeping peacefully, and jackatlasred was isolated on the other side of the room. He was content, and after looking at the glowing green sticks on a sad digital clock, he decided that he could sneak in 2 hours of sleep before the morning.

At dawn, delicate cracks of yellow sunbeam slid in through the transparent window panes. When they poked Enzap in the eye, he straightened himself up and glanced around the table. The remaining students in his room were all whispering under the hiss of the morning crickets in the outside garden. He looked at each of them, and was happy that all were still remaining. When the subtle vibrations of the ancient flip phone shook his pocket, he flung it out and hoped for a blessing. The other three were on the other end.

“Anything happen last night?” Pikochu asked with sincere caution.

“Nothing to report here.” SoaringLooker sounded tired.

“Nothing here. The team’s all healthy.”

“All good here mate. By the way, anyone want some waffles? I’m cooking some now.” Elementar had an apron on and had some waffles on a frypan. “I think they’re different to crumpets, so I’m cooking them on a frypan. Is that right?”

SoaringLooker looked down painfully and grunted into the phone. “I’ll go help him.” He left the room, leaving the sisters and jackatlasred to themselves. jack hopped onto his laptop and was seemingly playing more games.

“You’re addicted to that, aren’t you?” Space was genuinely interested.

“I’m just talking to my family.”

FinalArcadia looked confused. “I thought we were on lockdown? You can’t communicate with other people…”

A large thud smashed the air and shook the building. Everyone collapsed and felt the full force of the floor’s plaster. The sisters fell into a messy pile and became trapped underneath a table. jack, whose position was obscured by the specks of broken plaster saturating the air.

Meanwhile, there was also an explosion in the student council room. All but Enzap were still in the room, and when he returned, the damage managed to etch pain into his memories and make them stain his mind forever. ME, who only had one arm, was cradling a dead Zexy as the other students helped each other up and stood quietly. Enzap was overcome with sorrow.

Zexy has been killed.

Dear Zexy,

You are Tungsten. You are the 74th element, and have the highest melting point of all metals. You are used in lighting, originally in incandescent lightbulbs. You can get more information here: Tungsten - Element information, properties and uses | Periodic Table

As such, you are an Alignment Cop. Each night, PM the mods Alignment Check: [player] to get that player’s alignment.

In short, you are an Alignment Cop allied with the town, and you win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

Zexy was an Alignment Cop and was aligned with the town.

SoaringLooker burst back into his own room, to find the sisters trying to help clear the rubble off an unseeable object. He joined in, and slowly, little hints of jack’s body were escaping through the fissures of the fallen wall. When it all was uncovered, he was gone.

jackatlasred has been killed.

Dear jackatlasred.

You are Uranium. You are an actinide, with an atomic number of 92. You were named after the planet, Uranus, and were discovered in 1789. You are quite radioactive; a trait that is used quite heavily in nuclear fuel and weaponry. However, your other isotopes can be used in the production of armour and as counterweights in aircraft due to their density. You can find more information here: Uranium - Element information, properties and uses | Periodic Table

Because of the common misunderstanding, you are a miller. If you are alignment checked, you will return as Mafia aligned.

In short, you are a Miller allied with the town, and you win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

jackatlasred was a Miller and was aligned with the town.

The flip phones vibrated again, and this time, things weren’t so happy.

“jackatlasred is gone.”

“So is Zexy.”

“I’m just glad *choke* he didn’t die *cough* night 1 this time… Hopefully this newest Zexy Zombie will be nice…” managed ME between tears from the background of Enzap’s phone.

Pikochu spoke seriously. “Anyone got any leads.”

SoaringLooker surveyed his room once again, and saw jack’s laptop on the ground. Although it was encased in dust, it looked relatively undamaged. “Can anyone hack a computer?”
It is now Day 3. The phase will end at 9:30pm on Wednesday, May 3rd, UTC-8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom