• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pet peeves you want addressed in Gen VII

Phoenixon

I'm back
Reaction score
"Pet peeves" might not be the entirely correct term to use here, but basically I mean things that don't affect the game in a super major way (like new Pokemon, mechanics, region, moves etc. do), but mostly things that are happening behind the scenes that you find annoying.

Basically, I've noticed throughout the history of game releases (admittedly I only followed Gen V a little, but Gen VII I followed quite a bit) that we tend to talk about a lot of the big stuff, ignoring the sometimes more irritating small stuff.

Let me give you a couple examples:

1. On the Experience page on Bulbapedia, look at the chart which shows the level of experience needed to get to the next level per type. It makes no sense how absolutely ridicoulosly high the "fluctuating" level is for the higher levels. Even when it's near the bottom part of its fluctuation, its significantly higher than the "slow" group. Those aren't even legendaries, or really powerful Pokemon. Most legendaries are in the slow group. That makes absolutely no sense to me that they should be that difficult to level up. I know something like this might be difficult to fix in a programming perspective, but I'm sure it's possible.
EDIT: Sorry, that stuff above was badly worded. What I meant to say is, Pokemon in the Fluctuating Group are the hardest to train, meaning legendary pokemon are EASIER to train than them. There are no legendaries in the flucuating group.

2. This just happened last generation. Basically, we know Mega Evolution increases a Pokemon's base stat stat total by 100. EXCEPT For Alakazam, which is increased by 90. What makes it worse is that the possible reasoning behind this is evident. Alakazam's ordinary stat total increases by 10. So it appears what happened is they decided his Mega Evo stats first, adding 100, and then later increased Alakazam's ordinary stats by 10, either forgetting to change his corresponding mega evo stats or not caring. I need this fixed. Please GF.

Last edited:
For the love of Rayquaza, can they *please* let me zoom in on/have a full-screen cutaway of the artwork at any of the galleries like the Lumiose and Lilycove Museums? I don't go to an art gallery just to like at a tiny, pixelated square.

In addition, either give the Fairy type a non-Plate 20% boosting item, or take away all of the other ones. I think I may just prefer the latter, because it would de-clutter the bag a little bit. And whichever option they choose, I would also like it if they fixed the Pixie Plate's description to match the rest of the Plates (Pixie uses the word "it's," while the others use "it is").

Those aren't even legendaries, or really powerful Pokemon. Most legendaries are in the slow group. That makes absolutely no sense to me that they should be that difficult to level up. I know something like this might be difficult to fix in a programming perspective, but I'm sure it's possible.
I'm actually of the opposite opinion. It makes sense that such strong and legendary Pokemon would be harder and take longer to properly train because of their power and imposing temperament.

Auto sort pls nearly 1000 pokemon stashed in the boxes leaving the player to manually rearrange them, and they say people don't have time for games. It's not exactly important, but ugh - they are probably going to add more boxes in the PC and going through all 50 or 100 of them to put those tiny little sprites in order is insane. I've been whining about this for years and years and why this hasn't been addressed is a mystery to me - a game about collecting them all doesn't have a feature to organize your collections omg

I'm actually of the opposite opinion. It makes sense that such strong and legendary Pokemon would be harder and take longer to properly train because of their power and imposing temperament.
Sorry, my wording was bad.
Pokemon in the fluctuating group are the hardest to train at about levels greater than 55. There are NO legendaries in the fluctuating group. That means legendaries are EASIER to train than these Pokemon. Your point was my point, lol sorry, my bad.

I think the Bag should be slightly reorganized again, if applicable. A pocket for every branch of item. Scrolling around the "Main" segment of the current bag gets a little tiring after a while, because it has so many things ranging from Battle Items, to PokeBalls, to Mega Stones, to Evolution Items, to items meant to be sold and more...

I think the Bag should be slightly reorganized again, if applicable. A pocket for every branch of item. Scrolling around the "Main" segment of the current bag gets a little tiring after a while, because it has things ranging from Battle Items, to PokeBalls, to Evolution Items, to items meant to be sold...
Yeah, the reduction of Bag pockets was never anything I liked. HGSS did it best, IMO, and a return to that format would be great. Free Space from BW2 would also be a welcome re-addition.

They gave Poliwrath and Beautifly a 10BST increase in Gen 6 but not to Politoed or Dustox. I don't get this, they're counterparts and final evolutions of the same Pokemon, they should be equally strong. Same with Mega evolutions, give Froslass and Slowking a mega pls.

Aurorus should have power gem in its level up moveset. It's part rock type and it even has gem like crystals on its body yet it currently can't learn power gem, so it gets stuck with ancient power as its only special rock type move. (5 base pp and only 60 base power? no thank you, the 10% all stat boost chance isn't worth it to me.)

I want to be able to type in foreign-language characters on my PSS profile. Japanese and Korean players can use roman letters (and Chinese players will probably be able to too) so why not the reverse?

For the love of Rayquaza, can they *please* let me zoom in on/have a full-screen cutaway of the artwork at any of the galleries like the Lumiose and Lilycove Museums? I don't go to an art gallery just to like at a tiny, pixelated square.

THIS! I don't go to an art gallery to just read a bunch of text about what the painting looks like, show me the actual painting.

Other pet peeves:
  • All the mega stones taking up way too much space in your items pocket of your bag, please give them a seperate pocket.
  • Impossible trades on GTS being allowed, those trade requests should be impossible to make.
  • Not being able to register regular items, would love to be able to register repels for instance.
I also hope they keep the "Move Pokémon" option on top when you go on the PC, cause not having it on top was a huge pet peeve of mine.

As a competitive player, I really want Game Freak to make the competitive scene more balanced. I'm not saying you should give every worthless Pokemon Huge Power, but with the advent of ORAS, the balance that was brought by XY was completely ruined. Just lower the power creep, please.

Hm, aside from removing HM's (I hate teaching mostly unforgettable moves when there's only four move slots) and replacing them with key items as in TPDP, which will never happen, I was always annoyed by impossible trade requests on the GTS. Some sort of check to prevent things like "Reshiram Lv 9 and under" would be a godsend to many people when trying to help avoid trolls who make such requests.

It really bothered me in X and Y how there was an obvious difference between characters' overworld model and their artwork in battle. The main ones I can think of are the school girl (OW has straight black hair, art has Afro pigtails), the rising star girl (OW long red hair, art has a short bob thing), and the fairy tale girl (OW has like really short hair with a pink hat-lookin thing, art has slightly longer hair and pink bow instead).

It's a little thing, but it really did bother me.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom