• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Petition for TCPi to make Pierce the leader of Galar's villainous organization in Sword and Shield

LDEJRuff

Likes to show off.
Reaction score
On March 11, 2011, the devastating Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami prevented TV Tokyo from airing the planned "Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma!!" two-parter of the Pokémon: The Series—Black & White anime from its March 17 and March 24 spots. TV Tokyo had since promised that they would air the episodes at a later date, but that later date never came, and the proper airings of the episodes were cancelled...permanently. Since then, TV Tokyo had taken down their promise from their website.

We were all wondering whatever happened to the Meteonite that Team Rocket stole from the Nacrene Museum, and to Team Rocket member Pierce (originally known as Flint, フリント, in the Japanese version).

Now with the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games for the Nintendo Switch coming in November, it makes me wonder if Pierce would be brought back...as the leader of Galar's villainous organization. If you're wondering the same, you and I should sign this petition so we can let The Pokémon Company bring Pierce back, as the leader of Galar's villainous organization.

Be sure to hashtag #BringBackPierce and #ReviveTheMeteonite on social media to show your support.

UPDATE: The petition will permanently be deleted due to lack of signatures, and Team Yell's leader not being Pierce.

Last edited:
Please save yourself some time and give it up. Game Freak don't care about an anime character from 2011, and they've already designed all the SwSh characters and story.

I don't know if petitions have ever worked, but if any of them have, they were probably about less niche concerns.

Well, if the anime were to bring Pierce back, they'd give him a new storyline as to why he hadn't been seen since "A Venipede Stampede", like how Giovanni dismissed him from Team Rocket for failing to protect the Meteonite, or how he was revealed to be a double agent.

akbh6h9.gif

Well, unfortunately, Team Yell has been revealed, and their leader won't be Pierce. So, I updated, leaving a note, for the petition to permanently be deleted.

It sucks to be disappointed in general, but I am not sure what you were expecting. If that petition had any chance of succeeding, it was two years ago when they were writing the story. But even that wouldn't have worked because most creators (certainly conservative ones like Game Freak) don't like fans telling them what to do; the request would have to be something really big to be taken into consideration, and even Dexit doesn't qualify apparently.

On a personal note, Pierce arguably took the place of the HGSS executives. I don't think that he deserves anything game-wise especially without Team Rocket involved, so wouldn't sending a petition to OLM make more sense?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom