• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pets!/ Pics of pets!/Pet activities!/Pet losses...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any pictures of him right now, but I have a dog, who's name is Spock. He's almost two, and he's a beagle-boxer mix. I actually based my username off of him, not Spock from Star Trek. Spock is basically a sausage with spindly little legs. I'll post a picture of "The Beeg" as soon as I can.

I've had 2 dogs. Shelby, who died a few years ago. (I can now never watch Mama Mia!, because that movie was on when I found out she died.) And my new dog, Harry. He is only 2 years old. They are both Labrador Retrievers.

Think I've posted pics of my dog a few times around the forums, so everyone's probably tired of seeing him. xD But I bring with me (poor quality, sorry >.<) pics of our new kittens, Chester and Riley:

kittens004p.jpg

In the cat carrier when we first brought them home.

kittens006p.jpg

Getting accustomed to their new surroundings, me included.

[video=youtube;MM2R5_Ty_a4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM2R5_Ty_a4[/video]
Settling differences the way normal siblings do: Wraslin'

Pics taken today, July 2nd. The camera was being screwy with the date.

My kitty named Lucifer (can't decide if I named him after the devil/Satan or the evil cat in the Disney version of Cinderella):

--As a kitten--
19723710106682677951257.jpg

21756010368449621961257.jpg

20081710106649477121257.jpg

In the third picture, he's in the first stages of stealing our beagle Jubal's bed. Jubal died a month or two after the picture was taken

--Older--
58141191504108578125765.jpg

15959129012081393412576.jpg

it looks like he's thinking "FML" in that last picture lol

Last edited:
My kitty named Lucifer (can't decide if I named him after the devil/Satan or the evil cat in the Disney version of Cinderella):

--As a kitten--
19723710106682677951257.jpg

21756010368449621961257.jpg

20081710106649477121257.jpg

In the third picture, he's in the first stages of stealing our beagle Jubal's bed. Jubal died a month or two after the picture was taken

--Older--
58141191504108578125765.jpg

15959129012081393412576.jpg

it looks like he's thinking "FML" in that last picture lol
D'aaaaawwwwww. :3 Perhaps you named him Lucifer because you knew he would grow up to be a terror around the house?

Interesting choice in names for both your kitty and your late beagle. If you don't mind my asking, what was the meaning behind the latter's name?

Also, you should totally use that last picture as an avatar in December.

D'aaaaawwwwww. :3 Perhaps you named him Lucifer because you knew he would grow up to be a terror around the house?

Interesting choice in names for both your kitty and your late beagle. If you don't mind my asking, what was the meaning behind the latter's name?

Also, you should totally use that last picture as an avatar in December.
Aside from him climbing everything, he is pretty well behaved (no yowling, marking, scratching furniture, etc.). He just doesn't like affection from anyone but my dad. If me, my sister, or my mom come up to him to pick him up, he'll usually roll onto his back, unsheathe his claws of death, and enter attack mode lol
My dad named him after Jubal Early, a Confederate general. I prefer to think he was named after the character in the Book of Genesis, who was the father of those who played the lyre and pipe, since beagles are rather "musical" with their baying and all XD

I might do that :) We also have pictures of him in a chicken hat and pumpkin hat (I'll have to get my mom to email me those).

Aside from him climbing everything, he is pretty well behaved (no yowling, marking, scratching furniture, etc.). He just doesn't like affection from anyone but my dad. If me, my sister, or my mom come up to him to pick him up, he'll usually roll onto his back, unsheathe his claws of death, and enter attack mode lol
My dad named him after Jubal Early, a Confederate general. I prefer to think he was named after the character in the Book of Genesis, who was the father of those who played the lyre and pipe, since beagles are rather "musical" with their baying and all XD

I might do that :) We also have pictures of him in a chicken hat and pumpkin hat (I'll have to get my mom to email me those).
That's good to hear. Shame he is only affectionate towards your dad though. When he was a kitten was he around a lot of other people?

We've been trying to make ours more sociable than our previous pair of cats. So far I would say it's working, since their cage is on the first floor and they're around people for roughly 90% of the day. Still, it's a fine line to walk. Either extreme could lead to them being whiny. :/

Do you remember how long it took him to respond to his name?

That's good to hear. Shame he is only affectionate towards your dad though. When he was a kitten was he around a lot of other people?

We've been trying to make ours more sociable than our previous pair of cats. So far I would say it's working, since their cage is on the first floor and they're around people for roughly 90% of the day. Still, it's a fine line to walk. Either extreme could lead to them being whiny. :/

Do you remember how long it took him to respond to his name?
He was about 3 months of age when we got him from the humane society. I have no idea what his life was like before that. He was quite happy to be held and petted by me when he was in the shelter, but that could have been because he was scared (he'd only been there a day). Once he adjusted to our home, he became more aloof about receiving affection (had no problem playing with us though). There are times when he is happy to see me and will purr when I pet him, but that's usually if 1) no one has been around most of the day or 2) he wants to be fed or his water changed or let out into the backyard XD His love is conditional it seems lol

I'm not sure. He responds to Lucifer or kitty cat, if you say it in the right tone.

Lucky for him you came by the shelter really quick so that he didn't have a chance to get settled in.
The cats' love is definitely more conditional than our dog's love as well.

I see. We've been calling them their names as much as we can, but I think we get more of a reaction out of them when we say "kitty" rather than their names.

I have 4 parakeets. I wish i could get a Sheltie, Collie, Shiba Inu, or an Akita Inu. They're my favorite dogs :)

I have two guinea pigs. They both like Pokemon, see.
One of them likes to play the original Pokemon games.
52601.jpg
The other one prefers the DS games.
52600.jpg
Aren't they cute? =w=

Last edited:
@Raizhu XD The one playing the Ds looks really focused on the game :D

Last edited:
I have an orange German Shepard/something-else mix named Sonic (yes, Sonic). We got her (yes, her) at a pound in 2004, just after Hurricane Charley. My brother insists that I picked her out, but I don't think I did. She's extremely well-behaved, but she doesn't like other dogs, or basically animals in general (she's killed about a dozen squirrels and one rat), but she likes other people after a little while (and after we tell her that they're our freinds). I'm petting her right now. :D

We used to have a cat named Sassy, who only stayed outside (we didn't even choose her; she walked up and chose us). While we lived in Port Charlotte, we lived in a "cat neighborhood" (I love cat neighborhoods :3), and so we had other cats that we just fed and they went off and did everything else in their little "cat heirarchy" (or should I say anarchy?) of theirs. There was Tiger, who ran off after a fight with Sassy in 2006 and we never saw him again, Orangey (guess what color he was), who we occasionally saw and never touched once, and a bunch of other unnamed cats that prowled around too.

And my brother is a reptile fanatic. He's basically addicted to reptiles. I've told him that he has too many reptiles, but he won't listen. He currently has 4 leopard geckos, a turtle (named Sheldon [Oh my God I'm so funny], but nicknamed Moose), a chameleon named Ivy, several green anoles (they're native to here, and endangered, too) named Link, Zelda, Sheik, Arryl, and one other one who's not named after a Legend of Zelda character (a few have died, and some ran away, I've honestly forgotten who's done what and who's still here), a bearded dragon named Prince Poppycock (named after an America's Got Talent contestant), and maybe a couple others, but I dunno. He has too many.

We also have two finches, but I just can't stand to see them in their cage, knowing that they'll be confined to that little thing for the rest of their lives. We've had about five other finches, and I don't want any more. I can't stand having finches, for their sake.

I have
- A Chihuahua name Chiquita whom I call Chika, she's a tannish color with short hair and is pretty muscular for a female dog xD Kinda a goofy dog she follows me around alot nowadays. <.<
- I have a Betta Fish named Feebas xD Though he's blue and looks nothing like a feebas :p
- And I have 3 Hamsters
-Maxwell who is a golden brown w/ a white stripe around his stomach with red eyes <3 He's my gorgeous lil hamster~ :3 Named Maxwell cause when he was a lil ham he had GIGANTIC ears and I was reminded immediately of Hamtaro's Maxwell.
-Fatboy who's Maxwell's brother but a dark brown color. And as his name says he's the chunkiest hamster I own x3
- And last of the trio is Rouge, who's a solid cinnamon brown color and a troublemaker. >.< She's the niece of Maxwell and Fatboy.
Oh and they're all related since I foolishly bred two of my old/ deceased hamsters. The Mommy ham had 16 babies and I had troubles giving them away and in the end and I ended up with 3. Maxwell, Fatboy, and Pumpkin. Pumpkin was given to my former science teacher, and when she had her own babies I ended up taking lil Rouge home since the "grandfather/father" ham Shadow had passed away. And she looked like him :p And after all these hamsters....I'm making sure never to breed them again. xD

old pets:
-had a tuxedo cat named Sam (Sam The Cat, the be specific) who was THE BEST CAT EVER and was...5 years older than me. He died when he was fourteen, apparently on september 25th (i do not know how my sister remembered this)
-two goldfish, first one died in a few days because the tank was too small for both of them, other one lived for many years and had a big head. second one was named Fishy, first one didn't live long enough to get a name
-two hermit crabs, Oob and Boo (Oob = old orchard beach, maine - where we got them; Boo = Oob backwards and that one was very shy so) both lived for many years (for hermit crabs) but Oob lasted a little longer
-my adorable little baby kitty Lola </3 Had a nice loud meow that was the best meow i've ever heard. She died on thursday and she was...ten or eleven. First time i've cried that much in a very long time

Current Pets:
-Pumpkin, Lola's sister. she is elegant and beautiful and also really thin? she only weighs six pounds but she's little anyway. She's got some kinda congestion problem so sometimes she sneezes all over everything. She really likes attention. We think there's some maine coon in her also she doesn't meow
-Jiji, 3 year old little fatty cat. we got him when he was six weeks old and way cuter than he is now (he's still pretty cute tho). got him because he looked like Sam; my mom named him after Jiji in Kiki's Delivery Service. he likes wrestling and biting. He's sitting on the couch right now pushing laundry off it...He's gotten his tail bit and his tummy slashed, because he got into fights with other cats, but that was a while ago and there aren't as many cats around so everything's okay. He has really pretty green eyes *____*
-Linx, who knows how old he is??? leopard gecko that my sister's ex-boyfriend gave my brother on his birthday..two years ago? i think. He apparently found him and had him for a while so he is probably really old. He's a nice guy with prickly toes and he likes to lick things. When my brother takes him outside JIji tries to eat him u__u also we're not really even sure if he's a he? i think we tried to figure out once but were confused because it's not very clear on geckos

I have two golden retrievers and one cat.

I have a male golden retriever named Oakley who is six years old and intact and I have Penny who is a nine year old female spayed golden retriever, Oakley is the msot spoiled dog you would see, Every time I get home from somewhere, he would come up to the car(My mom picks me up from my classes at college. I am visually impaired so I will never be able to drive,) Oakley would try to get in a start "talking" as in moaning since he is glad to see me and would roll on his back wanting a belly rub. He would go where ever I go and wants to be at the center of attention which is the nature of golden retrievers, He also loves catch the tennis ball that I would throw in the backyard, I tell you, I could throw it all afternoon and he would not get tired, As of now he is going to be a proud father of our friend's golden retriever Abby's puppies,

Penny is Oakley's mother and she likes to come inside alot like Oakley does, She and Oakley love to sleep with me every night. Oakley prefers to sleep on the floor than on the bed since he gets hot while on my bed despite him being younger than Penny who is an senior dog.

Also I got a cat named Luna whom I adopted a the local animal shelter while I was volunteering, She is two years old and is spayed. She is a sweet cat and is a hunter,

I have only one cat, his name is Snowball but we call him Tinku.
25375492687965506884160.jpg

Here's my dog. His name is Spock (that's where I got my username from), he's a beagle boxer mix. He got him November 2009, so that'd be a bit over 2 years.

As you can see, he's showing off his underbite here.....

I currently have a chihuahua/rat terrier mix. Pretty obedient if I do say so myself, except he's very hostile towards strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom