• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PG01: The Adventure

Red was (rightfully) the protagonist of Origins, but he barely gets any screentime in Generations. Please stop complaining about it.
I didn't complaining so please talk by nice way and I already know that from many years but this is so boring so I said that please talk nicely

I'm just here to say that I liked the Pikachu's voice. It was surprising, especially after hearing the same "PEE-KAH!" voice for as long as I've been alive, but it made this so-called Mouse Pokemon sound truly mouselike. Fitting, since the Generations shorts seem to be following Origins' lead in making the Pokemon vocalizations much more animal-like. It also helped with distinguishing itself from the normal Pokemon anime, imo.

Red was (rightfully) the protagonist of Origins, but he barely gets any screentime in Generations. Please stop complaining about it.
Pretty sure PG01 was also meant to be more of an opening sequence to the rest of the Generations shorts, and acted as a generic avatar. Perhaps his appearance in other shorts will actually be him, but right now I think he's representing the player character.

at least 2 years ago when Ken redesigned him.
ever since then that design has been sen on stuff such as VGC logos and concerts ever since

So yeah, not really new.

I've seen these, but they aren't his official artwork, if you check Bulbapedia you can see his official Sugimori artwork is still the same from Gen 3. Hopefully this design is only for generations, and doesn't find it's way into the anime or games.

How do you know that for certain? You might be right, but there's still 16 more episodes to go. Have you had some advanced screening?
I was being perfectly nice.

I think what May_Serena_Dawn was referring to when she said to be nice, is that sometimes your comments can come across as a bit condescending, for instance the part I highlighted in bold. I'm sure you don't mean to do it, but maybe just think how it may come across to others, as sometimes it can seem a bit rude how you phrase things.

I think what May_Serena_Dawn was referring to when she said to be nice, is that sometimes your comments can come across as a bit condescending, for instance the part I highlighted in bold. I'm sure you don't mean to do it, but maybe just think how it may come across to others, as sometimes it can seem a bit rude how you phrase things.

Yes, saying stop compeling is not a nice word, and that what I meant so thanks for explanation Uhane

How do you know that for certain? You might be right, but there's still 16 more episodes to go. Have you had some advanced screening?
Because he isn't on the series poster and the first episode showed almost all of his trailer scenes very briefly without giving him a voice. He will appear against Blue and maybe on Mt. Silver, but he is obviously not the focus this time.

Anyone knows why is there no japanese version? Checked the bulbapedia entry and I got a feeling it was not made in Japan. My country got region locked too.

Anyone knows why is there no japanese version? Checked the bulbapedia entry and I got a feeling it was not made in Japan. My country got region locked too.

Origins was a lot more popular in the West than the East.

This was fun. The amazing music didn't quite make up for hideous Pikachu and it's insanity-inducing squeak.

But guys, what actually is this?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom