• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PG02: The Chase

I didn't like this episode very much, I've never cared about Giovanni or TR, really. Looker was nice, animation was great, but I still wish these were longer not just under 5 min

I LOVED THIS EPISODE; IT EVEN ANSWERED WHAT HAPPENED TO GIOVANNI AFTER RED DEFEATED HIM, AND WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM BEFORE HE WENT TO REVIVE TEAM ROCKET IN JOHTO; HE WAS ON THE RUN IN HIDING!!!!!! AWESOMESAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those were two pretty badass episodes. Looking forward to more.

Wow. This was an interesting episode. Almost didn't feel like Pokémon. But nonetheless, I enjoyed it. The cliffhanger at the end makes me glad this won't be the last we'll see of Giovanni.

Last edited:
I just loved how intense and dramatic it was.

Plus, it was a hoot seeing actual authorities involved instead of kids and a gimmicky clone! :LOL:

As I mentioned in the other thread, the music in this one was very good. Overall a good ep.

This ep disproves the common theory that Looker was the man from the International Police onboard the SS. Anne which sunk and left him washed up at the end of ORAS.

It disproves the theory that the S.S. Anne sunk and left him to wash up on the Battle Resort, but the idea of him being that Interpol agent is still open (and quite likely now that he's been shown investigating Team Rocket in Kanto).

Really liked this episode. As much as I like the main series anime, it's really refreshing to see some of the other game characters get some focus. Even if it's less than 5 minutes of focus at a time, lol.
Not gonna lie, it was great to see Looker in charge, and kickin' down doors. :cool:

People in the Pokemon world must be somewhat superhuman if they can take punishment from such attacks in this world lol

I saw the two episodes, and I wonder if the man who is investigate the building searching (looking for) Giovanni is the same person who give you Lapras in the pokemon red and green

I love how much more mature and intense this episode is compared to previous animations. My only complaint really is that it's so short. Otherwise, this was a definite step in the right direction. Seeing how the Police operate in the Pokemon world was interesting too.

What makes you think that? The Lapras guy was a Silph employee.
From the dress style and the head style
He also looks like Looker but Looker didn't appear before in RED And Green
He appered firstly in Platinum
So I think he and The Lapras Guy are the same

Last edited:
He also looks like Looker but Looker didn't appear before in RED And Green

He doesn't just look like Looker, he literally IS Looker. These are "untold stories," they're saying that Looker WAS in Kanto, investigating Team Rocket, and we just didn't ever see that part.

He doesn't just look like Looker, he literally IS Looker. These are "untold stories," they're saying that Looker WAS in Kanto, investigating Team Rocket, and we just didn't ever see that part.

Exactly. The games are largely told from our perspective, so if we weren't involved, we don't "know" about it, ie: the raid on the Veridian Gym.

Well, I love Looker and hope to see him again and maybe he is a looker

Regarding Looker's personality, it is possible that he became less serious in later games due to his amnesia in ORAS. Maybe he never remembered that he'd been looking for Giovanni.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom