• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: PG07: The Vision

Pokefan19

Life and Soul
Reaction score
That was pretty amazing... and Courtney's characterization was pretty spot on

Karamazov

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
I loved Courtney. Her unnatural pose, her stilted voice, her dialogue. She's one of my favorite ORAS characters, and it's good to see her getting so much focus. She made this episode an instant favorite of mine. Plus she's meant to look, sound and act weird and unnatural, which makes her perfect for this series.

The animation was pretty good at points, too. They're really good at portraying backgrounds and Pokemon, though not to much humans.

Reaction score
I have to wonder if Courtney is romantically interested in Maxie... or just really idolizes him.

I knew I heard Tabitha before, the voice actor was Tierno in the anime.

Also, Camerupt confirmed for horse.

Aulos

Winds <3
Reaction score
The voice acting was so awkward. How was Courtney even supposed to hear Maxie's extremely soft voice from when he was about to enter the submarine?

Also... I'm glad they didn't end up sticking Red in these scenarios like I originally feared, BUT why are they only animating the male protagonists? =/

smalllady

真実の英雄
Reaction score
If they use Lucas instead of Dawn in the Sinnoh episodes, then it'll be obvious they're using only male protagonists. Until then, it's still too early to tell.

Rockapheller

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
BUT why are they only animating the male protagonists? =/
Exactly. I am so disappointed to not see Leaf anywhere at all. I expected to see her and the other protagonists who were never animated. However, saying they animate only the male ones is not the point I guess. The female ones were introduced most of the time while male ones' thunders were stolen by Ash in the anime. As a matter of fact, we barely even saw Ethan in Johto in Generations.

But this episode was exactly on the spot. I am pretty much fan of Courtney now, after this introducion.

Since we are already in Hoenn, I have only one ultimate request episode from this region which is Zinnia's past and what exactly happened between her and her daughter.

Junee

Hardenshipping Trash
Reaction score
Yeees, my beautiful, perfect team is here! <3

If I had one complaint, it would be Maxie's voice. I think it’s a great voice for RSE!Maxie, but I think his original anime voice is a better fit for ORAS!Maxie. I’ve just always imagined ORAS!Maxie’s voice being kinda nasally.

Hopefully, we get Aqua next week!

Aulos

Winds <3
Reaction score
If they use Lucas instead of Dawn in the Sinnoh episodes, then it'll be obvious they're using only male protagonists. Until then, it's still too early to tell.
Not sure I can agree. If they're going to do Gen 1-6. They've been through half of these generations and have only represented the male protagonists.

Somehow the idea that they'd do the first three all male and the last three all female doesn't really seem like something they'd actually do, so I'm sadly not going to be shocked at all if they animate only the male protagonists for the last three as they have the first three.

I know Gamefreak gives precedence to the male protagonists. But I don't want to believe it's true. I want to see them change things... but it looks like that's not happening, once again. =(

Silktree

Unown Seer
Reaction score
I find it funny how worked up some people are about which player character gets to "star" when we never even saw Brendan's face, let alone hear him speak. It's a pointless cameo.

Pyrax

Outlaws for Life
Reaction score
hey there's my Hoenn waifu
I don't remember Courtney having some form of psychic ability in ORAS, so I'm curious to see the direction the writers are willing to take this detail. Assuming it won't be scrapped after Team Aqua's episode, of course.
I'd like to see the female protagonists for some variety in cameos tbh, because obviously not everyone chooses the male mc, and these cameos are supposedly stand-ins for the player. Who knows, maybe one of the Gen V episodes will involve Rosa taking Hilda back to Unova.

Jukain

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
Tabitha is sure acting odd for someone that knows what Maxie's plans will do. Anyway. Holy shit @ Primal Groudon. The sun doom music. The doom bells of the legend theme.

Silktree

Unown Seer
Reaction score
Assuming it won't be scrapped after Team Aqua's episode, of course.
I don't see a reason to assume that we'll see her again. If the third Hoenn short is about the Delta Episode, they will probably not show either team so as not to favor either version.

The vision just paints her as a fool that had the right intuition but completely ignored it.

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
> "Nyahaha! An intruder has broken through Sector 1! I've been informed that he's entered Sector 2."

Okay, I can't be the only one who thought of...

:p

Anyway, this one was pretty good overall. I was always a bit curious as to how Neo-Courtney's speech patterns would translate into a medium with spoken dialogue, and I think this works. The whole vision angle is random, although I guess it sort of makes sense. Oftentimes in the games, it's the Psychics and the Hex Maniacs and such who speak in similarly strange ways.

I admit I couldn't help but laugh at Ponyrupt. :ROFLMAO:

Tabitha is sure acting odd for someone that knows what Maxie's plans will do.
Yeah, I thought that was kind of weird. What he learned at the Weather Institute in the games really freaked him out.

Last edited:

Extroth

Face the Darkness
Reaction score
BUT why are they only animating the male protagonists? =/
I understand this goes to gender issues here and that's not something to make light of especially in the current political climate. But I'm honestly surprised the first thing that got pointed out here was that they were using Brandon instead of May, when the fact that they went with Sceptile for the Pokemon he was using seems like it would be far more controversial in this community.

If nothing else I would like them to use Dawn for gen 4, Dawn is far more iconic to that gen then her male counterpart is. Plus Lucas has a dumb hat....

Muur

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Damn that was the best one so far.

Also Courtney was quite the <3 in this. Until that analyse part, freaky face.

Anyway she should clearly quit Mamga and join my ORAS trainers side... for reasons.

CrystaI

The Pokemon Observer
Reaction score
No one here give a comment about Primal Groudon. So I'll speak about it.

It is one Holy Sh*t freaking awesome red-hot Godzilla!!! It surely portrays the powerfulness of this legendary pokemon in the most satisfying way. I understand now clearly why waking this giant is the worst scheme ever. It explains why Team Magma remorse instantly and turn goods immediately after waking it up in the game.

Originally I could care less for Courtney because she is not any outstanding figure in the game. But her character portrayal in this PG episode makes me view her differently, she is now a much more unique and standalone character on her own (literal meaning as well:D) with weird personality.

Everything in this episode is so appreciable, including the short battle action of male protagonist's Sceptile. This time the movement of pokemons seems more acrobatic than PG03 and PG04 despite these two are battle-centric, I just like it.

Aulos

Winds <3
Reaction score
I understand this goes to gender issues here and that's not something to make light of especially in the current political climate. But I'm honestly surprised the first thing that got pointed out here was that they were using Brandon instead of May, when the fact that they went with Sceptile for the Pokemon he was using seems like it would be far more controversial in this community.
Darn right, I'll point it out.

I do not see how the use of Sceptile is 'controversial'. Sceptile is one of the choices for a starting Pokemon. No reason any of them should be 'controversial' that I'm aware of. If it had been Greninja, or a GI starter or something, than I would have understood... But a G3 starting Pokemon in a G3 animation, what's the problem with that?

Extroth

Face the Darkness
Reaction score
Darn right, I'll point it out.

I do not see how the use of Sceptile is 'controversial'. Sceptile is one of the choices for a starting Pokemon. No reason any of them should be 'controversial' that I'm aware of. If it had been Greninja, or a GI starter or something, than I would have understood... But a G3 starting Pokemon in a G3 animation, what's the problem with that?
I suppose I've always thought people got up in arms over their favorite starters being underrepresented so I figured someone would bring up the fact that Swampert was not used at all. And this is the first time one of the starters has played a slightly prominent role in Generations (other then Pika but that never counts because he's the mascot first and a starter second) so I had figured someone would bring that up. But guess not; just my musings on the matter.

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
No one here give a comment about Primal Groudon. So I'll speak about it.

It is one Holy Sh*t freaking awesome red-hot Godzilla!!! It surely portrays the powerfulness of this legendary pokemon in the most satisfying way. I understand now clearly why waking this giant is the worst scheme ever. It explains why Team Magma remorse instantly and turn goods immediately after waking it up in the game.
Oh yeah, I should have mentioned. Primal Groudon looked amazing in this. They really did it justice. Although, as a downside, I didn't really like the Drought theme rendition... in fact, all of the music in this one seemed kind of messy to me, as I couldn't even identify the music at the beginning and the ending.