• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: PG12: The Magma Stone

ii kanji

What's a motto with you?
Reaction score
Buck was Kanto Gary reincarnate. Pathetically bad episode, confirming that Heatran is an even stupider legendary design that Kyogre.

Jukain

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
And thus debate will reign forever on why Heatran just dissolved.

The Outrage

Reaction score
They need to stop making Looker act serious...its like they took the one thing people liked about Looker and went the opposite direction.

Buck is incredibly annoying and Looker does not look, sound or act like the character from the Kanto and Johto episodes.
Clearly he's the Faller Looker[/s]

Last edited:
Reaction score
I knew i wasn't crazy when I saw Looker and was like, "was that even the same Looker? That cannot be."

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Did Buck overuse the word "dude" in the English version of the Gen IV games?

Count Scarlioni

F Pokémon GO, M Mystery Dungeon, K the core series
Reaction score
This one fell flat on its face

Perfunctory game scene rewrite sans Lucas/Dawn + Buck the lame-o + out-of-character Looker (who can use the Vulcan Nerve Pinch?) + meh Legendary = not a good idea for an episode

Also why was the Magma Stone not orange?

Also why did Heatran dissolve??? :confused:

The one upside was seeing Croagunk (RIP) actually managing to repulse Heatran fairly handily with what looked like Mud Slap.

Did Buck overuse the word "dude" in the English version of the Gen IV games?
Ctrl+f "dude" on his page turns up two results:

> "Yeah, I owned the little dude."

And a link to the character Dude's page.

Last edited:

Osprey

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been fine with most of the Generations episodes so far, but this one was awkward and lackluster. Sinnoh has so many Mythical Pokemon whose backstories are barely explored by the games themselves, but somehow this discount bad guy team b-plot got chosen instead...? Really now.

Syrinaris

Oh look, a Shiny!
Reaction score
It's been so long since I poked around in my Sinnoh games that I couldn't even remember where Buck cropped up in them. I actually went to his Bulbapedia page to read about what happened to jog my memory, lol.

I had forgotten how brash & abrasive Buck came across. I see they still have kept this personality aspect of him.

Other than that..... this was a really weird episode for me. This Looker doesn't look, or sound, quite the same as the Looker from the earlier episodes, wth??
Ah well, at least he's got his Croagunk with him. Also, nice karate chop to the neck there, on Charon.

As for Charon....I never got the Platinum version of the Sinnoh games, so I have no recollection of how things went with him taking over Team Galactic.

So the magma stone isn't orange like in the game, and when Buck puts the stone back on the pedestal, instead of challenging Heatran to battle, Heatran just....dissolves into thin air? Okay, then..... I mean, seriously, wth??

I mean, I guess this was an okay episode.....