• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PG13: The Uprising

I will never understand how a castle could be built under the League building and no one had any awareness that anything was going on. Were there no vibrations/tremors from the digging and drilling equipment? Was there no noise, even if muffled, that anyone heard? Or was it fashioned with magic? (Magic is so amazing!! :D) I don't know why I would think that there would be a logical explanation for this, since logic isn't always one of Pokémon's strong suits. So that's on me.

I seem to be under the impression that it was to my player character's aid that the gym leaders came. Not to Iris's aid. So once again, no love at all gets shown for either Hilda/Hilbert or Rosa/Nate.

I will say this on the positive side - it was pretty cool to see Brycen run up the stairs and actually tackle that grunt. We are forever directing our Pokémon in the fighting, while we stand behind them and don't engage in the fight ourselves. So it was nice to actually see a human for once get in there themselves, and go hand to hand with one of the bad guys.

Ok then why she is the one wo appeaped to fight the seven sages before the gym leaders appear; because they can show her when the gym leaders appear not show her before their appearing which made me feel that She is the one who will challenge the elite four, and N, which I mean that they can make her appear when the leader apper, and let Hilda to be the one who was run with

So Can you explain me about this point? I cannot agree with this "You not liking Iris", because not liking is a small word, and you should should should said that "you hate her for the death"; because I really hate her to death

I believe Iris was the one gym leader you knew throughout the BW games and helped out in the battle against Plasma. Also, it should be acknowledged that game/anime Iris are two separate characters. They're depicted differently and outside of looks, they have nothing in common.

Iris also becomes champion... so it makes sense.

Honestly, this was one of my favorite Generations episodes.

So do you think that she deserve to be the champion? For what do you think that?
I literally have no idea what you're getting at here. In another post you literally say they should follow the game's plot (even though Generations has been deviating with minor details on who gets a starring role)...yet this comment seems to be denying the fact that Iris is in fact the Unova Champion...so I don't know why you're asking why I think that...
I am sure you said that because you love her
So anyone who actually thinks about this rationally must be an Iris fanboy okay there...

Just because you have a fairly obvious bias against Iris doesn't mean that people responding to your question as to why she replaced the PC has a bias for her >_>

then they should put her in another episode as a Champion not in this episode
She isn't the Champion in this episode...we're giving an explanation on why, of all the gym leaders, it makes sense for her to be prominently featured given her future role.

Anyway, last time I'm talking with you about this because its honestly not worth my time.

They obviously replaced Hilda/Hilbert with Iris in this scene, so people have every right to be annoyed. Writing the player character out of each game's climax is not my idea of celebrating each generation. I didn't play the games as Lance or Cynthia or Iris. Red and Brendan are the only player characters that weren't completely pushed aside in their episodes.
People have the right to be annoyed, but are we really going to do that in every episode from this point forward? And I was responding as to why Iris was chosen to be prominently featured in place of the main character--Generations for some reason doesn't want to feature the PC from Gen IV onward (maybe these were animated later and they saw the feedback on the preferential male PC treatment and...chose to do this instead). So that's why Hilbert/Hilda weren't featured. The rest of the post was to explain why Iris was chosen.

Anyway, I don't know why we care so much about whether the player character appears or not given that the times that the player characters did appear, Generations left them with no lines so really no character development.

Last edited:
Also, in Generations, the major promise was the "unseen parts of the story" in the game. These are parts that weren't deeply detailed or even shown in the actual game. Looker talking to Giovanni is not a scene in the game's, but we can assume he did because it makes sense that he would.

Moments like this are to appreciate that the game world is alive, and the NPC aren't just staying at the gym doing nothing while the main character is saving the world and becoming champs.

The fact that the scenes with flashing in them were darkened / slowed down (mainly those dealing with electric attacks) makes me think now, more than ever, that these shorts are being made with a TV-Tokyo airing in mind.

Last edited:
I mean it's fine if you like Iris and don't care about the player characters. But if you're gonnna ignore the fact that they're literally rewriting scenes from the game, then I don't know what to tell you.

I mean it's fine if you like Iris and don't care about the player characters. But if you're gonnna ignore the fact that they're literally rewriting scenes from the game, then I don't know what to tell you.

Totally Agree, And this the same point that I want to tell

I was gonna comment on this before but I think the site was down for SM or something anyway, it was pretty good. I was triggered when I saw Iris though :p.

I liked how the Gym Leaders were pretty badass, Brycen wrecking everyone as well.

I wouldn't say that they had written out the PC this time, the gym leaders show up in game (yes, even Iris stop complaining, this isn't the annoying anime version of her) and fight Plasma, just imagine that the PC is dealing with Ghetsis or whatever whilst they're doing this.

You all do forgot that they are OUTSIDE OF THE CASTLE!!! AND THE PLAYER CHARACTER IS INSIDE THE LEAGUE ALREADY!

If you truly follow the game you must have known that the player character met the sages and gym leaders INSIDE THE CASTLE. So basically this is a scene before they raid it inside and met the player character

For me the only episode they deviate was the last Sinnoh episode with cynthia meeting cyrus not the Lucas/Dawn that right there was the rewritten episode

You all do forgot that they are OUTSIDE OF THE CASTLE!!! AND THE PLAYER CHARACTER IS INSIDE THE LEAGUE ALREADY!

If you truly follow the game you must have known that the player character met the sages and gym leaders INSIDE THE CASTLE. So basically this is a scene before they raid it inside and met the player character

If that's true, then are we to believe that this episode happens, and then the Sages head back into the castle where they encounter Hilbert/Hilda, and then repeat all of the same proverbs that they just said to the Gym Leaders, and then the Gym Leaders come in and repeat the exact same things that they just said to the Sages outside?

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom