• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PG13: The Uprising

It was ok. I still don't understand how Team Plasma managed to build a giant castle under the Pokémon league comepletely unnoticed. That would have been an interesting concept. But hey, it was nice to see the best set of Gym Leaders assembled. I'm not sure they needed to pretty much do a game cutscene minus the PC again. (Actually I just looked this up and it's pretty much word for word. So much for stories we haven't seen before.) But ok. At least it didn't absolutely suck like last ep.

Last edited:
I Saw before minutes the Episode, and I really really love but Why Why Why the Damn Iris is here?
Why she must be every place Without Reason, I hope the cute Hilda, not the Bad Iris

Holy snap, that was just like the Team Flare finale from the regular anime.

I Saw before minutes the Episode, and I really really love but Why Why Why the Damn Iris is here?
Why she must be every place Without Reason, I hope the cute Hilda, not the Bad Iris
? she's a gym leader and they showed the scene where the gym leaders fought off the Seven Sages. Not really sure how she's there "without reason" other than you not liking Iris.

? she's a gym leader and they showed the scene where the gym leaders fought off the Seven Sages. Not really sure how she's there "without reason" other than you not liking Iris.

Ok then why she is the one wo appeaped to fight the seven sages before the gym leaders appear; because they can show her when the gym leaders appear not show her before their appearing which made me feel that She is the one who will challenge the elite four, and N, which I mean that they can make her appear when the leader apper, and let Hilda to be the one who was run with

So Can you explain me about this point? I cannot agree with this "You not liking Iris", because not liking is a small word, and you should should should said that "you hate her for the death"; because I really hate her to death

Last edited:
Something something "people hate Iris because she's black" something something "they like Hilda more solely based on her appearance" something something.

Personally, I liked it a lot. I really hope Roxie shows up at some point now. As for N's Castle... honestly, it always looked like a hotel to me from the outside.

When it is in the game, it really seems like a nice plot, because it sets a more critical atmosphere where it really feels like the "Final Boss Battle". But when it is animated word-by-word just like it is in the game, I find it meh. Probably because there lack the league battle and build-up of tension before this scene, so it felt something is lacking. Well to be fair, I think it is more because six of the Seven Sages other than Ghetsis were all so unmemorable, so this fight felt more like some RPG battles against ordinary common fellow enemies, rather than a crisis big battle both the hero-side and evil-side goes on all-out full force.

Though for one thing, I really like everyone of the hero-side. The gym leaders are all unique in a way just by first glance in action. Especially Iris, thankfully she isn't like that annoying bratty girl in BW Anime, and look more cuter :). Though, I wish her handheld could swap with Drayden's, IMO Haxorus suits her better than Druddigon.

But other than the look of everyone, I don't really think there is anything much exceptionally well-done. This is like the template opening situation of Evil Enemy: "We are going to conquer the world!!!" Hero Alliance: "No, we won't let your plan succeed! We are here to stop you all!" There then starts the massive war of Evil VS Hero...

Ok then why she is the one wo appeaped to fight the seven sages before the gym leaders appear; because they can show her when the gym leaders appear not show her before their appearing which made me feel that She is the one who will challenge the elite four, and N, which I mean that they can make her appear when the leader apper, and let Hilda to be the one who was run with

So Can you explain me about this point? I cannot agree with this "You not liking Iris", because not liking is a small word, and you should should should said that "you hate her for the death"; because I really hate her to death
For the same reason they only showed Buck and Cynthia in the last two DPPt Generations episodes. I'm not sure if they animated them all before the first one aired, but if not, they probably saw that everyone was complaining about showing preference to a single PC, so they opted not to.

Out of all the gym leaders to head the battle, it would make the most sense for the future Unova Champion to be the one to get the lead role.

"Iris honey, we're real sorry you didn't get a guest stint in XY, or a special. How about being the main character in a Generations short?"
"Give me a Druddigon and it's a deal!"

I thought this one was pretty good. The animation was crisp and they picked two excellent music clips to remix

For the same reason they only showed Buck and Cynthia in the last two DPPt Generations episodes. I'm not sure if they animated them all before the first one aired, but if not, they probably saw that everyone was complaining about showing preference to a single PC, so they opted not to.

Out of all the gym leaders to head the battle, it would make the most sense for the future Unova Champion to be the one to get the lead role.

So do you think that she deserve to be the champion? For what do you think that?

They can do anything like making the looker who is challenging which I mean that looker apper multi times in the generations wthout reason so they can do it noe or show us that the elite fours try to be one so they can beat seven sages after the losing

I am sure you said that because you love her

Last edited:
This was meeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh

@クリスタル basically summed up my thoughts - in the games, this scene is very effective (personally I'd go so far as to describe it as brilliant, or even pitch-perfect, but I'm a Gen V worshiper so of course I would), but here it just sort of... exists, divorced from its context.

I will admit that the Elesa+Zebstrika bit was pretty cool, however.

What on Earth was up with those twisty energy stairs, though? :confused:

Last edited:
So do you think that she deserve to be the champion? For what do you think that?

They can do anything like making the looker who is challenging which I mean that looker apper multi times in the generations wthout reason so they can do it noe or show us that the elite fours try to be one so they can beat seven sages after the losing

I am sure you said that because you love her
No, she is literally the future Unova champion. In B2W2 she is the champion.

Besides, Game/Generations Iris =/= Anime Iris.

No, she is literally the future Unova champion. In B2W2 she is the champion.

Besides, Game/Generations Iris =/= Anime Iris.

Sorry, I am sure that you know and aware about the Generations are following the games; so They should do the same the games, so I am sorry but I really don't see the reason for that, and if she In B2W2 she is the champion, then they should put her in another episode as a Champion not in this episode

Sorry I still didn't get your answer

"Iris honey, we're real sorry you didn't get a guest stint in XY, or a special. How about being the main character in a Generations short?"
"Give me a Druddigon and it's a deal!"

I liked this post, but I hopes if the final part from it is not in the generations also

They obviously replaced Hilda/Hilbert with Iris in this scene, so people have every right to be annoyed. Writing the player character out of each game's climax is not my idea of celebrating each generation. I didn't play the games as Lance or Cynthia or Iris. Red and Brendan are the only player characters that weren't completely pushed aside in their episodes.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom