• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Phoenix Academy for Pokemon Training (Sign Ups/OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Charraze ; Sounds good, welcome aboard! I'll PM you the details now.

There's still one or two more open spots for CO-GM's, if any of you guys would like them!

I'D Like to be GM, but only if I can be that while keeping my Character...

@Haradion ; You definitely can, I'll PM you the details now!

hey don't start without me :D i'm nearly done with my su just need to finish my history... i should have it done sometime today...

Edit: to avoid the ebil double post my su is done :D here it is:

Name: Rayleigh Locke

Appearance: Rayleigh stands at six feet even weighing in at one hundred and eighty pounds of muscle. He has long straight brown hair that reaches to his shoulders that he keeps tied back in a ponytail and a thick ropy scar that stretches from his left temple, across his eyes to his right temple that he normally keeps hidden under a black strip of cloth. He has a thin pointed face and a hooked nose. His tanned body is lean and rippling with muscle. While physically blind, he can see through the power of aura.

Rayleigh has a simple wardrobe consisting mainly of a battered old grey t-shirt and faded torn blue jeans. He does however have a strange dislike of wearing close-toed shoes, preferring the openness of sandals. Overall he looks like a blind homeless beggar, but don’t let looks deceive you. He’s rarely caught unawares and is extremely strong to boot.

Personality: He is a fierce fighter, who never gives up for to him giving up is the same as dying. He is also very loyal to the few of those he can call a friend and those of his family which now only consists of his Pokemon. While a torrent of emotion can storm about inside him, on the outside he carries a calm demeanor that rarely changes. He is a fast thinker and a quick learner. While he isn’t the overly talkative type, he isn’t what one would call shy either. He values life above all else, not necessarily his own, but life in general and mainly of those he cares for and would go to any lengths to preserve and protect it.

As far as his temperament goes, he is pretty easy going, usually just taking life as it goes however he does get angered when pushed in the right places. Mainly when the lives of those he cares for is put in danger. He has a strong sense of mind and doesn’t deter from his chosen path easily. His greatest fear is snow... which will be explained in the history part :>

History:
Rayleigh did not have the most happy of beginnings. There were two major events in his life that would change him to who he is today. He was born in Hearthome City to a moderately rich family, his father was a well known chef by the name of Richmond Locke and his mother was a nurse at the local hospital and her name was Heather Locke. The first of the events that would change him was when his parents died in an avalanche on Mt. Coronet. When Rayleigh was about nine years old, during spring break they had decided to go to Mt. Coronet for a camping trip. The first couple of days were calm and gorgeous. However the weather on mountains is unpredictable and can change in an instant. On the third day out, they day before they were to return, a freak blizzard blew up around them. They quickly found a cave nearby to shelter themselves and had to wait out the storm.

After the storm blew over, they had thought that everything was safe. As they made their way down the mountain, another storm blew about, this time it was a thunderstorm. They had already left the cave far behind in hopes of getting off the mountain before anything else happened, but tragedy stuck. An enormous bolt of lightning struck the side of the mountain and caused an enormous avalanche. The only thing left to them was to climb one of the thick trees before they got covered in the snow. Fortunately for Rayleigh, he was a good climber, unfortunately, his parents were too slow and the raging snow snatched them away before his very eyes. To say Rayleigh was upset was an understatement; he was distraught and went a little mad for a while. Rayleigh no longer cared what would happen to himself and became reckless, jumping into danger with little regard for what would happen afterwards as his entire life had been stolen away from him right before his eyes.

He soon left his home and traveled around aimlessly for a while, avoiding the main road and towns. Somehow or another he found himself wondering in Eterna forest. There was when he got into even more trouble, he fell into a poachers trap that was meant for a Pokemon. He got caught by the poachers and before they could sell him, which was their plan, he escaped although not without injury. It was during the escape that they sliced out his eyes. Weak, blind and fearful of his pursuers, he had thought all hope was lost. Rayleigh was on the verge of death when a woman, by the name of Lychnis Fox, found him and brought him back to life. Lychnis was an aura master and thought to train Rayleigh, at least as much as to be able to use it enough to sense life around him.

Rayleigh stayed with her and trained under her. Soon enough he was able to see again, albeit in a roundabout way. She taught him many things besides, such as how to defend himself, survival skills and many other things besides. During their travels, Rayleigh found a little Shinx trapped inside a poacher’s net. An old fear came forth, but no longer was he the same boy as before, no longer was he helpless. He freed the Shinx and the moment they connected, they formed a bond between each other. Later they had finally decided to settle down in the tranquil Floraroma town. After settling down, he became close with his master’s Lucario and when the letter came, she let her Lucario to go with him and his Shinx, now named Scilla, to protect and watch over him.

Pokemon (You can start with up to four) :
female Lucario named Blue, female Shinx named Scilla (bonded)

Last edited:
Name: Valencia Rogers

Subject: Pokémon Psychology

Appearance: Valencia has wavy auburn hair falls down to her shoulders. She boasts a pair of crystalline blue eyes. She is somewhat short at 5’2” and is petite.

Typically, her attire consists mostly denim materials. On an average day, Valencia can be found wearing black jeans, a black jean jacket, a dark blouse, a moderate amount of jewelry, and flip flops.

Personality: Valencia cares for most people. However, she has very little tolerance for people who are obnoxious or unkind to her. She usually ignores such people. She is somewhat shy when it comes to meeting new people that are the same age as or older than her. She is very conscious of her appearance and is constantly checking herself to make sure that she is at her best. She prefers to spend time with a small group of well-known friends rather than a large crowd.

History: Valencia was born in Snowpoint City to her widowed father and her five brothers. She learned to fend for herself as her mother struggle to raise her six children and find a job in the north-most Sinnoh city. Throughout her childhood she was accustomed to being hungry and cold. Later, her eldest brother became the leader of her family when her mother became too frail. When she was twelve, Valencia missed school in order to help an Eevee huddling against the back of the school. Later it provided warmth for her, and exchange she fed and cared for it. Eventually they developed a symbiotic relationship that became a bond that would last for years to come.

Before her father died, he left behind a small amount of money for each of his children, and for his unborn daughter, who would later be Valencia. Her mother had always wanted to become an avid trainer, but when she married and started a family with her husband, she couldn’t deliver the devotion to training that she had wanted. Instead, she gave up on her dream, and persuaded herself to stay a caring mother. Valencia had known this early in her life, and had always wanted to make it up to her mother. Using the small amount of money that her father had entrusted her with and a large amount of savings that she had earned during school at a part time job as a waitress to begin training a prestigious school. She graduated with near perfect grades.

After she was satisfied with her education, she was immediately interested in teaching others. She received an invitation from Phoenix Academy, and immediately sent her application back.

Pokémon:

Espeon
Female
Medea

Gallade
Male
Simrin

I'm really sorry. I thought it would be done by 4:00, but... ^^;

@fundamental Sounds good! Accepted!
@Knight Of Day Will check with @Greyhound whether you will need more pokemon since you are a teacher

NOTE: The Start-Up will be up VERY soon according to @Greyhound Keep checking this thread for more info!

btw is there any more spots open for gms? i wouldn't mind being one although it'd actually be my first time even as a co-gm :D

@Knight of Day ; You are accepted!

@fundamental ; Sure, you can be a CO-GM! I'll PM you the details now.

ATTENTION EVERYBODY! The roleplay's start up will be posted around 10-11 AM CST on Wednesday, April 11th!

Name: Calvin O'Brien

Appearance: Calvin has fair skin, marred by several scars, including a bruise under his left eye. He has golden-brown spiky hair, blue eyes, and a somewhat rounded face. He stands at 6'3" , and weighs approximately 200 pounds with a lean muscular build. Due to strange growth spurts, one leg is a bit longer than the other, so he never stands at his full height unless he's trying to get someone to back off, and he must be willing to balance on his longer leg.

He wears a gray long sleeve thermal undershirt with a blue cargo vest, in which he keeps all of his equipment, which includes a Pokénav, Pokédex, several Poké Balls, his wallet, and his ID. He wears blue gloves with gray fingers, blue cargo jeans, and blue shoes with gray trim.

Personality: Calvin is a guy of very few words, and even fewer facial expressions. Being a very investigative person by nature, and a detective, his attention is drawn by anything out of the ordinary. He is always blunt and to the point about any subject, almost seeming to others to not like the sound of his own voice. In actuality, he dislikes the sound of other peoples' voices, and as such, prefers to end conversations as quickly and professionally as possible. He can't stand being around large groups of people, to the point of eventually having an anxiety attack if he doesn't force his way out of the situation, or fails. He enjoys groups of few people, and loves Pokémon. He has been known to use big words, and occasionally use snippets of Japanese he picked up from his comrades.

History: The twins were never exactly what you'd call 'normal'. In fact, they were the exact opposite of what the people of Castelia City called 'normal'. While most people were naive and loquacious, these two were quiet, investigative, well-versed in many serious matters, and maintained a militaristic discipline that stayed with them. Not to mention, they aspired to be detectives, something previously unheard of. In fact, because they stayed out of sight all the time, many people never knew who they were. But the twins liked it that way. After all, what you don't know can't hurt you, right?

Then came one incident where they saw a shady looking guy go into a back alley. Their investigative natures compelled them to follow. Despite concerted efforts to stay hidden while following, they walked through a smoke cloud, and nearly suffocated due to allergies to fumes. Their coughing alerted the guy to their presence, causing him to attack, which only amounted to more trouble. in the end, they managed to escape the encounter, due to Calvin's ingenious plan of leading him out of the smoke-filled alley, then teaming up dragging him to the ground. As it turned out, he was attempting to transport illegally-obtained Pokémon. They considered this their first big step towards being detectives, learned to be more careful in their investigations.

Shortly after becoming Trainers, the twins tried to join a Junior Detective Agency. They were initially rejected due to lack of experience. Though shaken by this, they decided not to let it stop them. After becoming better Trainers and refining their investigative skills, they tried again, and barely made the curve. Upon entry, their new teammates seemed to think rather low of them, not knowing why such rookies were let in. The twins thought nothing of this, and began to improve on a rapid curve. Ignoring the dumbfoundedness of their teammates, they continued to excel at their job, and eventually became high-ranking members.

Eevee(Female)
Dratini(Female)
Litwick(Male)
Horsea(Male)

Name: Camille O'Brien

Appearance: Camille not only defies the stereotype that girls worry about getting roughed up, but she turns it on its ear. Her face and body have so many scars that one would have to stand there for several minutes and count them, but she'd sooner punch your lights out for invading her personal space. She has long, flowing, brown hair, and crystal blue eyes. She is rather tall, standing at an even 6' and weighs in at approximately 150 pounds with a slim yet curvy build.

She wears a short-sleeved black shirt under a black cargo vest, in which she keeps thing like her Pokénav, Pokédex, Poké Balls, wallet, and ID. She wears black fingerless gloves, a black skirt, black leggings, and black ballerina shoes.

Personality: Camille isn't nearly as talkative as girls are stereotypically described to be. Her investigative nature draws her to anything she sees as out of the ordinary. She has often been thought to be a mute by some; others think she doesn't like the sound of her own voice. She is by no means shy, but doesn't like the sound of other people's voices, and will do whatever she can to end a conversation in as quickly and professionally a manner as possible. She hates large groups of people, and is prone to anxiety attacks if she isn't able to get away fast enough. She enjoys small groups of people, loves Pokémon, and is amused by the occasional boy attempting to make a pass at her. She has a tendency to use big words, and will sometimes use snippets of Japanese she learned from her comrades.

History: (Two paragraph minimum. To increase your chances of being accepted, writing more is a plus)

Eevee(Female)
Bagon(Male)
Larvesta(Female)
Horsea(Male)

Last edited:
@Calvin the Unknown
Declined. You're characters seem EXTREMELY over powered. If you look over the other applicants, most pokemon are only basic or stage 1. We would gladly accept the characters if the pokemon were slightly less powerful.

@ Calvin the Unknown

I recommend evolving the two eevees and Moveing the dragons to 2nd Eveloution, while reduceing the fire types to first eveloution. but thats just my suggestion.

yeah... much what the other gms have said... if you were a teacher it would be ok, but as students at least we'll have a chance to evolve our pokemon... it would be ok to have one fully evolved pokemon so long as the rest of the team isn't as over powered as a student like i stated above, you will have a chance to evolve them, that and you haven't said which of your pokemon are bonded to you... so make the proper changes to your pokes and we can welcome you aboard :>

@fundamental
Not all trainers have to have a bonded pokemon

well, isn't that kinda why the students were accepted to the academy in the first place, cause they had bonded with one of their pokemon? idk i think @Greyhound should be the judge of this off to summon!

Changes have been made. I was unsure of which Pokémon to bond with, so I decided not to have them bonded yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom