• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Phoenix Academy for Pokemon Training (Start Up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

I'm back!
Reaction score
Through the thick sheet of fog that tasted of salt, a luxurious ship sailed. The untamed waves clashed constantly with the ship's steel hull. The chilled wind, though being relentlessly powerful, only rocked the ship slightly back and forth, for the ship was so massive. The sun slowly rose from the horizon, signifying that dawn of the newest day had arrived.

Just underneath the deck of the ship rested the main cargo of the ship; the students. Exhausted after a long and grueling voyage across the ocean, many of the students were just waking up, the first cracks of sunlight managing to pry through the fog and shine through the windows of the cabins.

-------------------------------

Mr. Gale watched from the observatory of the school. He spotted the nearing ship and grinned to himself.

"New students. We'll help them unlock their true potentials. And in return, they'll unlock ours," Mr. Gale thought to himself before tossing his Altaria's pokeball into the air. Mr. Gale jumped off of the observatory and landed on the poised Altaria's back. He took off flying, headed towards the docks.

Mr Green was about to begin his first year teaching Battling at the Pheonix academy. Even though this would be his first year, he had already been appointed Head of the House of Force. He was fairly excited, yet nervous about the academy.
He was laying on his bed in the teachers section of the boat. It was probably the nicest part of the ship, as the ship seemed to not have had anything done to it since it was bought, apart from the teachers section and the outside. He had spent most of the hours on the trip sleeping and eating. Nothing else. There really wasn't much on the boat, however, to do apart from those two features.
As the ship loomed ever closer to the academy, he spotted a Mr Gale and an Altaria waiting on the docks just outside of the academy. About a quarter of the academy looked like a bomb had been dropped on it, whilst the other three quarters looked really good and, on the other hand, in tact.
He had met most of the teachers:
Mr Scott, Environmental Techniques and the Head of Trickery
Mr Rift, History Teacher who was definetly a head of a house but he coulden't remeber
Mrs Rodgers, Pokemon Psychology teacher. Sam didn't really learn much about her
And, most obviously, Mr Gale, Headmaster of the school and also the head of a house.
Sam eagerly anticipated the arrival, but it felt as they got closer the ship slowed down making it feel like hours until he got there.

Rayleigh woke with a start, breathing hard and shivering, startling Scilla from her nap as well. He had had one of his old nightmares again. The same one about his parents being torn away from him, it would come to him at the most random of times just to remind him what he had lost. He felt himself shaking and put a hand to his face, rubbing the scar that had cut his eyes out. Scilla rubbed her soft fur against him in an attempt to calm him down. While blind, Rayleigh had learned how to see through the help of the person who had become as close to a mother to him, Lychnis Fox, the aura master. He could see the fluctuation in Scillas aura that meant she was worried about him and let out a sigh.

‘It’s alright Scilla,’ he said in a low voice, rubbing her in her favorite spot behind her ear, ‘it was just another nightmare. Why don’t we go to the main deck and get some fresh air?’

The Shinx let out a cry of delight and sent a playful shock of electricity down her master’s arm, ‘Alright, alright,’ Rayleigh laughed as he got up from his bed, ‘now where did I put- ah thanks Scilla,’ he said as he took his blindfold from Scillas mouth and tied it to his head, ‘Now let’s get Blue and go up top.’

Again Scilla was helpful in this as she found Blue’s first. He had slept in his clothes, not feeling the need to change. He walked barefoot up to the bow of the boat and took in the salty air, still a little dazed that he had been accepted to the school, ‘Well, we’re off on a new adventure huh?’ he said to Scilla who had taken to his shoulder. The Pokemon let out a cry of agreement and sent another playful jolt down his shoulder.

Ethen stood at the front of the Ship, watching as it came into the harbour. Not long to go. Ethen Scott was his full name. No Mr Scott. He would have to get used to that. He pokemon lay around him, outside their pokeballs on his belt. Though he tossed one in his hand. Snorlax lay asleep as normal, while Claydol floated just in front of him, over the waves themselves. A Faint flashing in one of Claydol's eyes told him it was talking telepathicaly, but he had no idea who. Himself Probably. Skarmory roosted on the prow, whatching the waves. Tyranitar and His Dragon where the only ones still inside their balls, while Shuckle sat on his shoulder, his Blue shell earning a few explaimations and odd looks. Not that he cared. His jacket floated in the breeze, and he brushed the hair out of his face.

"There's a Storm comming Shuckle. A Powerful one..." But then he wondered why he said it. The ocean was as calm as a teardrop, except for the spray made by the ship.

He turned to his pokemon. that was enougth sun for now, for Snorlax at least. a Sun burnt Snorlax, was not pleasent company.

"Return." He muttered, as he held up each pokeball in turn. He left Shuckle on his shoulder though. He had a shell after all. He did not know if it was possible for it to get sunburn.

The students began to wake up now, though he himself had bearly slept. He turned as a Student began to Come up on deck. He had kept himself to himself for most of the trip, although he had met Mr Green, the soon to be battleing teacher. Ethen liked the man, but felt thought a bit to much of himself.... Maybe he should volenteer to assist with a practical demonstration he mused...

Ethen Turned as a tall fellow, probably a student, although from his height he suspectcted he could have passed for a teacher. The figure had some kind of blue pokemon who he couldn't quite place, until it emmited a small bolt of electricity. A Shinx, from either Sinoh or Hoenn... He could not remember which.

"Morning!" He said cheerfuly to the student.

Last edited:
Meg looked up from her book, "Cooking for beginners" She looked up at the large clock that was hung on the wall. We sould be getting there soon, It's been such a long trip, she thought. She then heard a scratching sound. she looked around the cabin only to find that her large thunder bug was making the sounds as it raked it's claws down the door.

"You wanna go out Shocker?" Meg inquired "Why?". The Galvantula replied by running in circles around the cabin, even on to the roof. "so you need to get some of that energy out? well you are an Electric type, always restless" She got out of her bed and reached for her regular clothes. After putting them on she stared out of the cabin and towards the deck "the others may like excising too, I heard the sunrise is lovely on the sea, we keep on over sleeping though." Meg stated. her reply was just the hissing happy sound that her shocker made.

Rayleigh stood against the rail enjoying the sea breeze. He felt at peace with himself as the fear of the nightmare he had earlier washed away with the salty tang of the sea air. Scilla nudged him as he noticed another couple of auras about, one a human and the other, he tried to remember what Lychnis taught him about the different types of Pokemon, a Shuckle perhaps?

The man, probably a teacher, said cheerfully, ‘Morning,’ and waved towards him.

Scilla hopped down and walked over towards the man, curious to see the new Pokemon, he turned towards him and replied, ‘Good morning indeed, Mr. uhmm…’ he said awkwardly as he couldn’t remember the name of the man.

Mr Green walked up to the main deck. Many students and teachers alike were waiting eagerly with their belongings. He glanced round and saw Mr Scott. With a shiny shuckle. Sam walked over and nodded his head slightly.
"Wonderful species..." He mused "Must weigh a tonne though." He was right, Shuckles tended to be very heavy for something there size. Sam then saw a student
"Looking forward to having a great time with me in the Force of Lucario?" He laughed "You don't want to be in Trickery..." He specifically looked at Mr Scott. "Only joking, you'll be lucky if you get him. He's a great guy."

Meg shielded her eyes from the light that was coming down on the top of the ship her trusty bug right behind her "well I sould let the others out" she thought as she thew up Two red and white balls in to the air, they opened and released there contents. A small little mushroom like pokemon and a medium sized brown thing popped out. "Shroom, Chatter let's take a walk" she stated as she and the bug stated walking.

OOC: Are all of the teachers starting on the boat with the students?

OOC:That seems to be the case, though I think some of the teachers could already be at the school.... Edit; i'm contacting Greyhound just to be sure...

Rayleigh smiled slightly, he felt like he might actually make some friends here. Scilla walked around Scott, curiously sniffing the man.

‘Well I think I might be interested in joining Force, that is if we have a choice on which house to choose. So uhmm, I don’t believe we’ve been properly introduced, I’m Rayleigh, and it looks like Scilla’s found a new friend here already,’ he finished with a smile pointing a finger at Scilla, who seemed to wanting some attention, ‘I think she wants you to pet her.’

Last edited:
OOC: Yes

IC:

Ethen Smiled, And his shuckle rolled off his shoulder onto the floor. When he came to a halt, he poked out his head cautiously, and saw the Shink staring at him.

"Eth- Sorry. Mr Scott. My name is Mr Scott. Or Teach. Or Professor. Or Master. Or anything you like." He laughed" I am Head of Environmental Techniques, but since that is a very specific niche of Pokémon battling, I may have other duties..."

When he spared a glance, back at shuckle, he saw that the Shinx was attempting to force a paw through the hole where Shuckle's head had disappeared into, only for its head to come out of another nearby hole. It sat there, making no other movement than blinking.

A Second Teacher came up behind him making him jump.

"Hello there Mr Green." Haradion grinned when he commented on Shuckle, and Not just on the Color. "Yes, I think it is a wonderful species. Oh the weight? Its a little Side effect of Power Trick, it seems to reduce the weight, directly proportionally to the loss in defensive capabilities.... A Curious thing, although I have yet to test it to see if its just mine or a national phenomena, or even just a thing that works in Johto... Packs a mean Gyro Ball though."

He turned back to the Student.

"I may well be assisting Mr Green here. As he pointed out, I am also the head of Tricky... It seems our head has a Sense of Humor... Look at Shuckle's face. Is that the face of a Conniving, cunning, tricky Pokémon?" Shuckle continued to link at the Shinx who had only just registered the reappearance of Shuckles yellow face. "I mean just look at it!" He stopped. That was tactless. The student was clearly blind, or at least had some kind of ailment that caused him to shield his eyes. He rushed on, hoping to cover it.

"I see your Shinx is enjoying his time here. I never caught a Shinx While in Sinnoh - Your from there aren’t you?. He's bonded to you isn't he? I can sense it... Do you favor the Electric Type?" He accepted the Rayleigh's generic invitation to pet her Shinx, Scilla, and scratched it behind its ears.

"And I wouldn't be putting too much stock in Force's Supposed Power... Look at my Shuckle? With Trick room he'd wipe the floor with all of them. Sure, blind force may be enough for some, but for others, the skillful laying of a trap, that the opponent walks right into. Strategies that cause whole stadiums to gasp in shock. Take Shuckle For Instance. It has unbreakable defenses. Through in a couple of "Iron defenses, and it would take a nuclear blast to take him down. Now that is as far as a normal person may think, but in tricky, take a very frail Pokémon, through in a Guard Split, and before you know it, your Glass cannon is Diamond hard. And there are a load more. Trickery is all about Cleverness. Not the Black cold logic of the Zen house, but the Skillful, adrenalin filled smartness, of using new and exciting tactics, to catch them off guard."

He continued Scratching Scilla's head.

"You have anymore guys like this little one?"

Meg looked down at her pokemon see that she had only two, when she sould have three. she was missing shroom! the thing was somewhat wounding and would easily bump into other people. "come shocker, chatter let's find him!"

Rayleigh took in Scott’s words as he started to explain about the capabilities of laying out traps to fuddle brute strength. He figured he should pay attention as this was indeed good information and a good first lesson, but he could already see some flaws.

‘Yes, actually I’m from Hearthome City, and I don’t really have a preference as to which type of Pokemon to train,’ he said watching Scilla play with the Shuckle, ‘as for my other Pokemon, well all I have is Blue here,’ he pulled a Pokeball from his pocket and released his Lucario from it.

The Lucario stretched and went to sit down, her back against the railing and shot a curious wave of emotion towards him, ‘Yes it does look like Scilla’s made a new friend huh?’ he said towards Blue, she nodded and closed her eyes as if to sleep, but knowing her she was only pretending and keeping watch on Scilla and Rayleigh.

‘Well, Blue is my masters, but we get along just fine,’

Larisa was on her bed thinking about what was going to happen next. There was a scraping noise at the door. "Deficere, is something wrong?" Larisa asked her umbreon. The pokemon looked at her, she could tell she didn't like being in the room. " want some freedom? OK lets all go look at the ocean." Larisa let out Grande Usine, Sei Ryuu, and Ignea Lautus. They all left the room to view the ocean.

Valencia looked silently out to the shifting waves, watching them with her head in her hands, leaning on the rail. She couldn't help but observe their serene beauty. Medea scowled, if an Espeon could do such a thing. Medea gracefully jumped onto the rail, only to quickly fly back down as she soared back down towards the deck of the boat. After she had recovered, Medea furiously pawed at Valencia's shin. Valencia was startled, and shook her head, as if to clear her thoughts and focus her mind's focus. She hadn't thought about her job in a long time. Not after she began to journey from Snowpoint City to the academy. She had always been focusing on her family, wondering what they were doing now. If they were safe. If all of them were happy. If any one of them needed her help. Valencia had developed an urge to constantly worry about her family over the course of her entire life. Medea swatted Valencia in the face, jumping up to her height and quickly falling down, this time on her feet.

Valencia turned around to see her coworkers and her students, smiling brightly to whomever was paying attention to her. Her smile quickly faded as she began to realize that no one was paying attention to her contrary to her assumptions. She sighed. Maybe a student would be nice enough to greet their new teacher. It would sure as hell make Valencia more comfortable with her situation.

Ooc:Scratch what i was saying earlier lol... i made a derp... both the teachers and students are on the boat :>

Larisa was comfortable with the ocean, living in Lilycove does that to one. watching Sei Ryuu swimming around the boat made Larisa feel very relaxed. Ignea Lautus was sidling across the hallways staying away from the water. Deficere was playing on Grande Usine's back, every thing was fine.

Sam looked at Mr Scott offended. "Trick Room is an extrenely good move, but it would highly lower its defense. With a wall like Rhypherior blocking the way, the attack would probably deal three quarters damage. Thus, allows Rhypherior to take down Shuckle with a move like earthquake." Mr Green summarized "To conclude, if you have a trick room open you are leaving yourself wide open to physical attacks. Especially from someone like Aggron with the ability to take no recoild damage from the strongest moves out there. But I admire the practical use of lowering it's weight. Shuckle are fascinating though..."
The ship was ever approaching the academy. The academy still felt miles away.

OOC: Sorry to leave you guys alone all day, an emergency came up.

Connor Stone strode onto the deck, his Mienfoo following closely behind. They both longed for the land, which was a pleasantry they had been used to for most of their life. The constant swaying of the ship made them rock back and forth with it, even though they had been on the ship for almost a full day. Wearing his usual tank top, the brisk air chilled his exposed arms, so he hustled to get off out of the wind.

Once hidden behind one of the massive pillars on the top of the ship that was exploding with smoke, Connor allowed himself to look off into the distance. The fog, though intensively thick, was beginning to fade away as the sun's heat dispelled it. Through a rather large split of the fog, Connor spotted the island; two towering and ominous mountains, a jungle, and, in the middle of it all, the academy.

The academy appeared like he had heard about. The structure of the school seemed to be in near flawless conditions. The five towers of the houses were still intact, as well as the observatory that seemed to touch the few remaining stars. However, the roof made of glass that covered the observatory had been shattered, as well as most of the bridge leading from the observatory to the beach.

Despite the apparent flaws in the school's structure, Connor's chest was filled with excitement as he stared with a grin at the approaching school.

-------------

Allie Taylor yawned as she finished packing her bags. Unlike many of the other students, the rocking of the boat had helped her get to sleep; so much so that she had slept in past her normal waking time. Her Ivysaur, Venus, mimicked Allie's yawn. She too had apparently spent too much time sleeping. Allie mindlessly returned Venus to her pokeball as she grabbed all her bags and exited her room.

Once on the deck, Allie spotted a lonesome adult, presumably a teacher, being comforted only by an Espeon. The scene, combined with the gorgeous sunrise over the almost azure water, made Allie sigh as she realized the beauty of the situation. Not wanting to disturb the two, Allie sat down a few yards away from the teacher, clinging to the rail of the ship.

Venus didn't follow Allie's agenda and instead ran up to the Espeon. Though Venus meant no harm, she playfully started beckoning the Espeon, as if Venus wanted the Espeon to play with her. Allie didn't notice this, so she continued to stare out over the serene ocean, entirely oblivious to Venus' actions.

------------------

Mr. Rift, being the messy and disorganized person that he was, was trapped in his bunker. Despite having only been in the boat for less than a day, he had managed to dishevel the entire room. It wasn't his fault entirely; he accidentally released his Rampardos in the middle of the night, who contributed to the majority of the mess.

None the less, Mr. Rift acrobatically attempted to make his way to the door. After jumping off of the bunk bed, army crawling underneath a fallen shelf, and doing various other stunts, Mr. Rift reached the door. Feeling rather proud of himself, he opened the door and walked out, his only bag in hand. He looked back on the scene before shutting the door. In a quick motion, Mr. Rift tossed several pokedollars onto the bedside table, which had somehow been moved over to just next to the door. He slammed the door and walked out of the hall.

Blankly attempting to fix his appearance so he wouldn't look like a total jumbled up mess for the headmaster, Mr. Rift tucked one half of his shirt into his pants before getting distracted. A stray book was lying in the middle of the hallway, so Mr. Rift picked it up. Much to his delight, the book was regarding the history of Phoenix Academy. He began flipping through the pages before smiling slightly to himself.

"Tomorrow's lesson plan," he thought. He calmly closed the book before resuming his walk towards the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom