• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Photo Club thread (share your photos!)

Do you like the Photo Club feature?

• Yes

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Meh, neither like nor hate it

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
This feature is kinda fun to mess around with. I don't have many stickers or poses at the moment, but I thought I'd share some.

One thing that I am disliking is that there's no crouch pose unless you time a Z-Move in an awkward position (hence my "praying" poses meant to be imitating a crouch).

Angry Trumbeak:
PmSpHSs.jpg

Larvitar looking FABULOUS
e9771Fu.jpg

Masquerain doesn't like my dancing
HP0C8LM.jpg

Omantye being shy
2kq6aDy.jpg

Omanyte being less shy and more cute
v9X9Y25.jpg

If you want, feel free to share yours!

Last edited:
For those who want to upload easily, you need Facebook or Twitter. Exit USUM, scan This QR code with your 3DS's QR-reading function, log into your site and upload your pics.

Anyway, I hate this feature. It's clunky, they don't allow you to rotate or resize stickers, you can't just freeze your Pokemon or yourself in place (meaning that you have to continually try and time actions correctly), and controls are super finicky and restricting.

This feature is super lame. But I'm super lame and can't stop using it; every time a Pokemon evolves, or when I complete a Grand Trial, or just want to show off my Pokemon, I take pics. sHere are just some of my things.

DPBcs08V4AAGqQ6.jpg

Me and my Noibat starter celebrating getting high scores on Mantine Surf.

DPBcP1tUIAASkMH.jpg

The Pikanium Z Z-Crystal gives you come great poses. I'm using it here to celebrate my Noibat having full hearts in Refresh.

DPBcGzeUEAAhhrt.jpg

Here's me and my Noibat. We're celebrating him for being super cute.

For those who want to upload easily, you need Facebook or Twitter. Exit USUM, scan This QR code with your 3DS's QR-reading function, log into your site and upload your pics.

Thanks for this! I've replaced my photos with better quality screenshots :)

you can't just freeze your Pokemon or yourself in place (meaning that you have to continually try and time actions correctly)

You can freeze yourself though, once you press play to play your action, you can press the same button to pause the action :D Sadly, for some stupid reason, you can't do this same thing with your Pokémon -_- It's the one thing I'm very annoyed about too.

Otherwise I love this feature though, I'm gonna have loads of fun with this once the game is done and I got all backgrounds and stickers :D Kinda sad you can't resize/rotate the stickers though, but it's forgivable, I do love that there's such a huge amount of them.

You can freeze yourself though, once you press play to play your action, you can press the same button to pause the action :D
Aaah and here I was, taking shots in the dark. Thanks, that's gonna help a lot.

tumblr_ozonjvcdWF1rlvtg1o7_r1_400.jpg

Here's another pic I took: my Noibat on his first day of school.

If you've got a New 3DS you should be able to send pictures directly to your computer without the need for FB/Twitter. I remember doing it for pictures I took in Animal Crossing too. You can set it up in settings iirc

Managed to snag a Burst off the GTS. So I've been having fun in the photo club with it.

I didn't realise the lights on its head changed colour depending on its emotion. Usually they are a mix of blue and pink, but they turn all yellow when it's happy, all blue when it's sad/disappointed and all pink when it's angry.

Also the bits on the side of its head are its eyes, but I think we worked that out already?

v2jfjbw.jpg

ZyzwOAT.jpg

11ghWyh.jpg

J8s2pQK.jpg

Haven't put any stickers on them yet no hatin'

Have some Staka and Sticky too

o2cfdFL.jpg

5exNFQl.jpg

Last edited:
If you've got a New 3DS you should be able to send pictures directly to your computer without the need for FB/Twitter. I remember doing it for pictures I took in Animal Crossing too. You can set it up in settings iirc

Bless you for this tip, this indeed works! :D

Go to Settings > Data Management > microSD Management > follow the instructions > go to Network in Windows Explorer > click on your 3DS name (if you don't see it, turn on Network Sharing) > MicroSD > DCIM > Pics!

Note that you need a PC with Windows 7 or 8.1 installed (is what the device says, not sure if 10 doesn't also work).

Also another tip I found on the internet: open your 3DS internet browser > go to gmail/another email website > attach the pics > send them to yourself > profit (y)

---------------------------------------------------------------

And now I can finally show my first (and so far only) photoclub pic:

HNI_0020.JPG

Think I'm gonna wait until everything's unlocked until I make more.

Bless you for this tip, this indeed works! :D

Go to Settings > Data Management > microSD Management > follow the instructions > go to Network in Windows Explorer > click on your 3DS name (if you don't see it, turn on Network Sharing) > MicroSD > DCIM > Pics!

Note that you need a PC with Windows 7 or 8.1 installed (is what the device says, not sure if 10 doesn't also work).

Also another tip I found on the internet: open your 3DS internet browser > go to gmail/another email website > attach the pics > send them to yourself > profit (y)

---------------------------------------------------------------

And now I can finally show my first (and so far only) photoclub pic:

Think I'm gonna wait until everything's unlocked until I make more.
I can confirm it works with Windows 10 (or at least it does for me)

I def find it the easiest way to quickly move a lot of pictures from my 3DS to my computer

My first Photo Club picture:

First Photo Club Pic.jpg

I really didn't enjoy this feature at first, hence the poor attempt XD

My second try was when Eevee evolved into Leafeon:

Eevee Evolved Into Leafeon.jpg

I definitely had a lot more fun with this one and am actually really starting to enjoy the feature. It reminds me of the PR Videos from X and Y a bit :p

And thirdly, when Torracat evolved into Incineroar:

Torracat Evolved Into Incineroar.jpg

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with Mac. And it's the only computer I have.

Happened to stumble upon this little cutie while doing the Lost Meowth microquest on Route 2 and felt that a commemorative photo was warranted, so here he is, along with my character Trace:

55x82f4.jpg

(Caught in a Love Ball too <3)

I admit, I'm having more fun than I gave this feature credit for. There are still some shortcomings though I wish Game Freak would have addressed before release (such as being able to resize and rotate stickers, being able to freeze your Pokemon's animations and being able to move the Trainer). You'd think they would have done all of this, given all the promotion they did for the Photo Club. Anyways, after sending these to Facebook to finally get here...

23755831_1792561607463441_3838607207502263120_n.jpg

This is from when I first met Rowlet-or, at least a recreation of it hehe.

23795732_1792561074130161_1090392588918740790_n.jpg

Rotom captured this moment. Here Rowlet, now Dartrix, was surprised at his own evolution. And the fact that he can no longer fit in my backpack.

23795437_1792560684130200_2506282130032554759_n.jpg

Lopunny looking fabulous after evolving in Melemele Meadow.

23795805_1792560157463586_5861755137906135020_n.jpg

Rowlet and I celebrating completing our first Trial! He dealt the finishing blow.

23755778_1792559637463638_3279287693252388679_n.jpg

Hawlucha and I celebrating defeating Hala, getting a Fightingium Z and overall having a wonderful/intense battle.

Personally, I don't think it is a completely necessary feature. I have only been to the photo club one time though, perhaps this is one of those things that gets better with time.

With Bank releasing the other day, I sent over everything needed to complete the Alola dex, so I could get the Shiny Charm quickly. One reason I wanted the Charm so early is this cutie

kmv40TE.jpg

It took many resets to get it, but it was worth it!

Also here's a few other of my shinies I sent over through Bank to take photos with

qCmYdyc.jpg

i6xsHlA.jpg

qVPulTe.jpg

3d77eLK.jpg

YyV76tf.jpg

And to finish the post, just a photo with one of my favourite Bug-types! (I finally changed clothes lol)

An8NF07.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom