• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Photos of Pokemon Center NYC

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
As some of you may know, I was in New York a few weeks ago. And it goes without saying that as passionate Pokemon veteran I visited the Pokemon Center NYC as well.

Also, I promised to post pictures and here they are!
But guys, let me get that clear: Please don't raise your expectations too high!

My personal opinion:
I'd already heard so much about the Pokemon Center in NYC that I was totally excited when I was on my way to it. I expected to see a great shop, dedicated to one of the greatest things in the world. But I would soon be disappointed! When I arrived there, my excitement turned into disappointment pretty soon.
First of all, the Pokemon "Center" is NO LONGER a center, it's just an ordinary Nintendo store with a really small(!) area on the ground floor dedicated to Pokemon. And the selection of products you can find there was pretty underwhelming as well. The store basically concentrates on the games, the TCG and plastic/plush figures. I know it must sound hard, but that's it. That's what is left of the old "glory" of the famous Pokemon Center NYC.
Unfortunately, they didn't even sell Garchomp (plush) figures and so, as a Pokemon fan and above all, as arguably the greatest Cynthia fan in the world, I decided not to buy anything there, because there was hardly anything that I could have needed. Sad, but true.

Anyways, I could at least say afterwards that I was there, and I hope you'll enjoy the many photos I took nevertheless.
!!If you want to use my photos for bulbapedia or other websites, just contact me via PM!!

OK, enough of words! Here we go:

The store at night
usa375.jpg

The store at daytime
usa377.jpg

The entrance area
usa380.jpg

This is basically the whole Pokemon area
usa378.jpg

All kinds of merchandise
usa379.jpg

Commercials for Pokemon HGSS
usa382.jpg

A table where you can play Pokemon games on the Nintendo DS
usa383.jpg

Turtwig and Piplup plush figures
usa384.jpg

All kinds of plastic action figures (but NO GARCHOMP!!)
usa385.jpg

Pikachu says "Hi!"
usa387.jpg

Could it be her??? No, just a pretty girl who is busy with fierce battles
usa388.jpg

TCG part1
usa390.jpg

TCG part2
usa391.jpg

Nintendo DS equipment in Pokemon style
usa392.jpg

Guide books, games and TCG
usa393.jpg

Well, "center" is a bit too optimistic if you ask me
usa394.jpg

The "center" from another perspective
usa399.jpg

Finally, I found my Queen...if only on a pack for trading cards
usa400.jpg

Cynthia with fantastic Pokemon
usa386.jpg

I couldn't find a Garchomp figure or anything else but got a souvenir after all! When I told a nice sales clerk that I'd traveled all the way to New York and had been looking forward to seeing the center for weeks, he gave me this backpack/shopping bag with an awesome Pokemon HGSS print:
usa402.jpg

I'm looking forward to your comments and hope you liked my photos

EDIT: I could actually post many more photos, but obviously you mustn't post more than 20. What a pity! Maybe a mod could change that, because anybody would profit from those pictures.

Huh, they changed their posters in the windows. I never got to go in so thanks for this.

It's smaller than I thought.

Oh SURE, they WOULD have Espeon figurines. *grumbles*

IMG00059.jpg

I've been there once before, the people I talked to had no idea I was a tourist.

Additional photos:

First floor:
usa395.jpg

usa396.jpg

usa397.jpg

usa398.jpg

This flying Pikachu can be found at the National Museum of American History in Washington D.C.
It seems Pokemon has finally gone down in history :)
usa401.jpg

I've never been there. I would have liked to when it was the Pokemon Center, but I don't think I was advertising my fandom at that point. Alas.

I'm sorry you couldn't find your Garchomp, but in that same picture, I spy Charmeleon, and Altaria, and DRAGONAIR. Do they purposely stock my favorites?

I must get there. Somehow. :-\

EDIT: I see Dragonite too! This store is taunting me!

I go there every so often when I'm home. I wish I went there when it was truly The Pokemon Center.

Despite the fact I live a reasonable distance from NYC (from my dorm I could hop on a train up, and my college is only about an hour away from my home) I haven't been to the Pokémon center, even when it was the Pokémon Center [NYC]. Though a friend of mine did give me this cute Pichu cellphone charm she got when it was a Pokémon Center. I've been tempted to turning it into a Gizamimi Pichu (as well as fixing the paint on its face, some of it chipped off). xD

Maybe the next trip to NYC I make I'll stop there, I'm kind of hoping to go to NYAF, so maybe I should stop by in my Kotone cosplay for kicks. 8D If not, there's always the fact I plan to study abroad in Japan in a few years. xD Though a friend said Pocchama/Piplup is currently filling the one in Tokyo, with not even much Pikachu to be found!

I've been there once, a ways back when it really was the Pokemon Center. These days it's just more of a Nintendo World Store with a Pokemon section, isn't it? I wanted to go to the Platinum launch party they held there (I heard there some fishy things going on at that event too, lol; would've been funny to be there), but didn't get the time to drive down.

Personally, I think Toronto needs a Nintendo Store (even better, a true Pokemon Center)... though sadly I don't see it happening.

I want to cosplay as some Pokemon characters now. If only the had a Red hat. D: Nyachan has already cosplayed as Lyra.

Anyways, nice pics. Just wondering, the have all the Gen. IV games including PBR, right? Did they have any Gen II games?

Maybe the next trip to NYC I make I'll stop there, I'm kind of hoping to go to NYAF, so maybe I should stop by in my Kotone cosplay for kicks. 8D If not, there's always the fact I plan to study abroad in Japan in a few years. xD Though a friend said Pocchama/Piplup is currently filling the one in Tokyo, with not even much Pikachu to be found!

Lol, I'd like to see how people react to that.

Lol, I'd like to see how people react to that.

Trust me, if it is done, reactions will be shared. xD

I'm tempted to make it something to do this summer. Ask a friend to come with me up to NYC and see if I can get them to do a makeshift Marill Gijinka for added effect.

Yeah the NintendoWorld store is pretty awesome from what I've seen in pictures and videos. I heard they have a old Game Boy in one of the glass cases that survived though like the Gulf War or some war idk.

Yeah the NintendoWorld store is pretty awesome from what I've seen in pictures and videos. I heard they have a old Game Boy in one of the glass cases that survived though like the Gulf War or some war idk.

They have it on display. It still worked too, once it got a new screen. They got a bunch of their history ion the 2nd floor.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom