• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Physical or Special

Which one?

• Total voters

Rare Candy

Want them in PokeMart?
Reaction score
So everyone, if you ever played any Pokemon game, you probably know that Pokemon attack in two ways... Physical and Special.

Different people use different ways to fight, some prefer close-range fighting, and some others long-range. But anyway, the reason I made the thread is to see which one of those two is used more.

Okay, I know most people use both of them because a Pokemon party is made of six members, but I'm sure you feel more comfortable with one, and less with the other.

I personally prefer Physical, because I think they deliver more pain to the enemy, and I am sure merciless even against a poor Caterpie. You know, for example, Ember burns the enemy, but Fire Punch burns it, and also can break a couple of bones :p

Physical. I rely on priority moves, and considering most of them are physical, I chose physical.

Different people use different ways to fight, some prefer close-range fighting, and some others long-range.

Long Range vs. Close Range doesn't really apply to Pokemon, though.

Anyways, I guess I prefer Special over Physical, just because Special attacks tend to have much cooler attack animations.

Mixed for me. I love both of them a lot and I really can't say which I would prefer more :/

Physical Attacks are heavily affected by a burn, so I stick with Special Attacks.

I know mixed isn't recommended, but honestly I go for mixed attacks. My previous playthrough of SS was heavy on physical attackers, I noticed that and added some special attack pokemon to vary my team a little more.

While special is probably more ideal (due to avoiding contact abilities such as flame body or static), I prefer physical attacks. It's hard to choose though, special has some great attacks. Aura Sphere, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, TBolt, the list goes on. I chose Physical because most of my favorite pokemon revolve around using physical moves. Gallade, Scizor, Electivire, Weavile, are all physical attackers. Plus when you take moves like X-Scissor, the elemental punches, Dragon Claw, U-Turn, and so many more, you realize that the physical side has some plain badass moves.

I went with physical because of excellent moves like earthquake, hammer arm, meteor mash, etc.

Special is good too, but I prefer physical >.<

I'm going to go with special.
Its types always appealed to me before the split (water, grass, ice, psychic, dragon)
even now I always use special attackers

Special. Most pokemon I end up using on my team are special attackers. I've had a few that were more physical attackers, such as Garchomp and Honchkrow. I just can't seem to battle well with physical attacks.

Most of the attacks i teach my Pokemon are special. They are very cool-looking moves, and actually a lot have a lot of power.

I prefer Special, because it's special I guess. It could also be the mystical properties associated to it. However, the only problem with it is a wall called Blissey.

I prefer special :) Why, I'm unsure, but it might be because a lot of my favorites are special attackers.

I prefer Special type moves. Anyone can punch things, but very few can throw lightning bolts. Plus, Im not a physically violent person.

I use non-aggresive communication in order to win most of my battles.

Or a baseball bat. So Physical I suppose.

I prefer Special, as many of my favorite types are special types.

Me? I've preferred Special for quite a long while, and a lot of my favorite Pokes (Porygon-Z, to name one) specialize in that category. So, Special for me.

Special, especially after the split. They look cooler, and seem to do more damage.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom