• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PichuFan's Non-TCG Pichu Collection

PichuFan

Reaction score
Hey guys. I figured I'd share my collection of non-TCG Pichus here, not only to have a reference for myself to catalog them by, but to also hope to gain some more information. I know very little about most of these, and any information would be very welcome.

In terms of non-TCG entries, I only collect cards and stickers. Plushes, figurines and other collectables are outside of my remit due to space and money considerations.

Rather than bombard this first post with images, I'll only include a few but link to the others.

Apologies for the size of these images, they were taken from my phone. The images I've included in this post are thumbnail versions.

---

Arcade Machine Prizes
  • Pikachu Riding The Waves Big Adventure prize - 2 (Banpresto, 2000)

hCueDRXm.jpg

This card was part of a set of at least 34 different cards rewarded by Banpresto's Pikachu Riding The Waves arcade machine back in 2000. There's a video of someone playing this arcade machine here on YouTube (this is not my video).
Magazine Giveaways
  • Pokémon Weekly - 33 (Bandai, 2005)
  • Pokémon Weekly - 33 Holographic (Bandai, 2005)

2Tnnx6Lm.jpg

I don't really know much about these two cards. They're supposedly released by Bandai and were circulated in 2005 (based on this tweet from earlier this year (Japanese)). I can only assume these were available through a magazine subscription, but even that I'm not 100% sure of. The card pictured above is the non-holographic version. The holographic version can be seen in the linked tweet.
Video Game Memorabelia
  • Pokémon Channel Nice Card - S056 (Nintendo, 2003-04)
  • Pokémon Channel Nice Card - M056 (Nintendo, 2003-04)

f98hDZUm.jpg

These are physical versions of the 'Nice Cards' found within the 2003 Gamecube game Pokémon Channel. S056, pictured above, has a flat image, whilst M056 is lenticular (if that's the right word!). I don't really know much about these at all, but I know that they came in packs containing quite a few of them (as shown in this YouTube video (this is not my video)).
Food Giveaways (for lack of a better title...)
  • Meiji Chocolate Silver #1 Series - 30 (Meiji, 2000)
  • Meiji Chocolate Blue Series - 30 (Meiji, 2000)
  • Meiji Chocolate Silver #2 Series - 30 (Meiji, 2001)

rbq6hiwm.jpg

These cards were given away inside boxes of Meiji chocolate during three separate promotions in Japan between 2000 and 2001. There were additional promotions, but only these three featured a Pichu card. The card pictured above is from the Silver #2 Series.
  • Pokémon Bromides Diamond & Pearl - 037 (2004)
  • Pokémon Bromides Diamond & Pearl - 243 (2008)

TjNPOCam.jpg

You could get two of these cards when purchasing chewing gum in the mid 2000s. I'm not sure what company the chewing gum belonged to - it may have even been the Pokémon company themselves. Amazingly, these Bromide cards are still around, with the latest set being released last year. As far as I'm aware, only these two feature Pichu. The Pokémon's artwork is the same, but the background is different between the two cards. The 2004 version is pictured above.
  • Pichu Tazo (Lays (Walkers in the UK), 2001)

bA00aeQm.jpg

This was my own personal Pichu Tazo from back when I was a kid. I got this in a pack of Walkers crisps (Lays, to you Americans) during a promotion back in 2001.
  • Meiji Chocolate sticker ? {need more info} (?)

eH2wOsvm.jpg

I know absolutely nothing about this collection of stickers. There is no year on the sticker itself, and I couldn't find any sound information when searching online either. I can only assume these were released around the same time as the above Meiji chocolate promotional cards.
Movie and TV Memorabilia
Stamps
  • Liberia $100 (Nintendo, 2001)

Onni9Mym.jpg

I don't have data for 2001, but I do know that in 2008 100 Liberian dollars was the equivalent to around 62 US cents. This stamp was released alongside an equally-valued Entei. I'd guess this was done as a Pokémon Movie 3 promotion.
Board Game Parts
These count as collectibles, right? I've been waiting for ages to find the Pichu property from the Johto edition of Pokémon Monopoly. I'm sure one of those will show up online at some point...
Unknown
I know absolutely nothing about cards listed here.
  • Pichu 172 ? {need more info} (?)

mzlfauam.jpg

I can only assume this relates to the Advanced Generations cards I have listed above, but I don't have any information on this card. I purchased this recently from eBay from a trusted seller, but unfortunately they didn't know what it was from either!
  • Pichu ? {need more info} (?)

VDJnIGam.jpg

I purchased this recently in a set listed as "Pokémon mini cards". No, this isn't a bad picture, the font really is that pixellated. By the look of it, this card is designed to be slotted into something. The picture is lenticular, if that's the right word, so it appears animated if you move it about.

Latest addition:

Unknown
  • Pichu ? {need more info} - No.182 (Bandai, 2007)

LTFxOjwm.jpg

I have no idea what this card is, other than it being made in Japan by Bandai in 2007. It's interesting that it has "No.182" on the reverse side (see the below image), considering Pichu's Pokédex number is #172 - I wonder if that's a typo? It seems pretty high for it to be a number in a set.

QLckuA1m.jpg

Any info on this would be great!

Two new additions:

Movie and TV Memorabilia
  • Pikachu The Movie 2000 - (LAWSON, 2000)

Mzcvu3ym.jpg

This card came with packs distrubuted by the LAWSON convenience store in Japan to commemorate the release of the Pikachu and Pichu short anime, released in 2000.

Unknown
  • Pichu Bros ? {need more info} - Unknown

HJSdx1jm.jpg

As with quite a lot of these, I know absolutely nothing about this card. It's lenticular on the front (pictured above), and on the back (pictured below (full-size image)) there's unfortunately no date associated with the copyright information.

r5bV3h4m.jpg

This card is probably Pokemon kids figure card. This figure include some card or sticker.
Pokemon kids article(Japanese Wikipedia)
ポケモンキッズ - Wikipedia
Thank you, that's great information. :)

--

Today a new Pichu non-TCG card entered my collection:

Unknown
  • Pichu ? {need more info} - #12 (Meiji, ?)

I purchased this for a mere £1 from ebay. I have absolutely no idea what it's from, but it's most likely a Meiji chocolate promotion like the other 4 Meiji items in this collection. Pictured above is the front of the card, and below is the back.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom