• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

pick a house

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
pulled this from a twitter post a few months ago! which house would you pick? :enzap:

EVryrZnXQAMV7MB

I'm going to have to go with House A (Platinum, USUM, FRLG). I really like Platinum, USUM was pretty alright, and, while I haven't played FRLG, I've wanted to play it for a while as I haven't played any gen 3 game. Alternatively, I'd go with House D and sell SwSh and LGPE for money to buy the other games that I want.

I would like to commit arson on House C

House D is pretty compelling to me; granted that LGPE have a relatively short half-life so they're not adding much to the equation, but I really love Sword, especially with the DLC, and B2W2 are like my all-time favorites. But that being said, I feel like House A is more well-rounded. Plat, USUM, and FRLG are three really solid games with quite a bit to do in each, in comparison to SwSh and B2W2 being two games that I really love but, especially with LGPE in the mix, not quite as much of a variety of things to do. Does my sheer love for those two win out over a more robust selection?

... Yeah, I think it does. Though it probably helps that those games are going to feel much faster in terms of the actual pace of the gameplay. Also it implies that I have a Switch, which has a bunch of other really great games that I quite like. :cool:

(House B doesn't interest me because it pulls two games from the same generation, and even though I do like those games, I would prefer a more diverse set of experiences.)

Very easy C. Gold and Silver - and by extension, their remakes - are easily top of the franchise for me, and Emerald is also a perfectly serviceable playthrough with good balance for Nuzlocking.

Gen 1 is unfortunately too old to be relevant, and isn't even particularly interesting from a retro perspective.

I wonder if you could make it a little more interesting by allocating some of the remaining games into the houses. Would this be balanced?

House A: Platinum, USUM, FRLG, Ruby & Sapphire
House B: Crystal, XY, ORAS, Black & White
House C: Emerald, Yellow, HGSS, Sun & Moon
House D: B2W2, SwSh, LGPE, Gold & Silver

(Sorry for excluding Red & Blue. That's just the cost of them being remade three times. Redundancy.)

(I'm not sorry for leaving out Diamond & Pearl.)

I wonder if you could make it a little more interesting by allocating some of the remaining games into the houses. Would this be balanced?

In this scenario, D. I'm unfussy as to how I get my Johto fix (the heart-wrenching nostalgia of Gen 2's music balances out all the myriad improvements of Gen 4, wonderful though they are), and with that being the case I'll take the most modern game and one of the best grid-based adventures over the merely ok Sun & Moon and older titles.

Last edited:

This update brings House C closer to House A in terms of preference, however, I prefer Platinum to HGSS and USUM to SM so House A still wins. Alternatively, as stated before, I'd go with House D but then sell everything except B2W2 and then use that money to buy the games I want.

D cause it has BW2. LGPE is hot booty garbage, but BW2 and SwSh make up for it.

B, because I really like all those games.

Second would be C. Emerald and HGSS are nice. Yellow is alright, but is easily the more preferable of all the OG kanto games, I suppose.

Third'd be A, because I only really loved Platinum out of all of them. FRLG is my fav Kanto iteration though.

Last'd be D because even if BW2 were amazing, I liked Platinum more, and I don't particularly care for SWSH or LGPE

(Sorry for excluding Red & Blue. That's just the cost of them being remade three times. Redundancy.)

(I'm not sorry for leaving out Diamond & Pearl.)
I might be split between A or B here though...

or I could just play diamond and pearl

House D, even better if you swap LGPE with an alola game.
SwSh gets the benefit of being the most recent and I really love it anyways, BW2 is my favourite overall, LGPE is....somewhat good, I guess, the shiny hunting, the purrfection of eevee and the "unique" gameplay help.
My second would be house A has USUM and FRLG, not as good as BW2 and SwSh, platinum doesn't add anything to itI hope you don't hate me for having sinnoh as my least favorite region.

Adding johto makes it even better, my second would be house C now

Last edited:
Are we supposed to pick based on which house we like or which games we like? Because I think most of us with common sense would just pick the house that looks the comfiest or biggest while saying screw the games.

It's a hard choice for me if we're only picking based on which games we like because House D looks like the best house but I hate 66% of those games. I guess I'd go with House C because it looks nice and I loved HGSS.

Full analysis of each house:
A: Didn't play the enhanced gen 7, so I'd like to try them (I found normal Moon way to easy but read USUM is much harder). Platinum and FR/LG are good, too.

B: The weakest option for me. I found the gen 6 games fairly weak and didn't really love gen 2 for various reasons.

C: HG/SS are basically a flat improvement on Crystal (other than Voltorb flip) and Emerald is good. Yellow is rather outdated despite my gen 1 nostalgia. Not a bad pick.

D: I never played gen 5 or LGPE, but I heard good things about the former and the latter should at least be interesting. SW/SH has some good features but aren't finished yet so it's hard to rate, but have the advantage of multiple save files.

Overall I pick House D, but not by a huge margin and if I were asked on a separate day I might choose otherwise

Analyzing Esserise's Alternative:
A: Gen 3 is pretty nifty, and improves this option a little.

B: Adding BW makes this more tempting.

C: I didn't like the base Moon so this doesn't really alter my thoughts on this pick.

D: Not a huge fan of gen 2 because of the painful grind so this doesn't alter my rating much.

I might go with House A for this version.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom