• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

pick a house

House B. I'd hate to give up Gen V, but B/W are my favorite entries of the generation and they are absent altogether from this for some reason. And there is no way I could pick a house with LGP/E, which I like to think don't exist.

House B? It has:
Pokemon Crystal - It is dated, but it is a game that I loved so much back in the day. It was my favorite Pokemon game until B/W came out.

Pokemon X/Y - I actually really like these games. A great region, great music, fun Pokemon, and doesn't have the difficulty issues like the newer Pokemon games (Gen VII being too hard and Gen VIII swinging all of the way too way too easy. I can play X/Y how I like, with Exp Share or no Exp Share)

Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire - I was never a big fan of Ruby (never played Sapphire or Emerald, for obvious reasons), but I really feel like OR/AS kind of redeemed a generation I didn't care for. They returned the Day/night cycle, they added that amazing Pokedex Nav feature, etc.

All of the houses except for house B have three generations. Why is that? Couldn't they have substituted one of the Gen VI pairs for B/W or something?

I wonder if you could make it a little more interesting by allocating some of the remaining games into the houses. Would this be balanced?

House A: Platinum, USUM, FRLG, Ruby & Sapphire
House B: Crystal, XY, ORAS, Black & White
House C: Emerald, Yellow, HGSS, Sun & Moon
House D: B2W2, SwSh, LGPE, Gold & Silver

OMG, that would make this even more easier. There would be absolutely no contest. B would be way above everything else without any caveat, as it would now have my top favorite Pokemon games in addition to an already very solid selection.

Blue Lions!

Oh wait, wrong franchise. Anyway, House for me.

Sinnoh was my first region, and Platinum is basically Sinnoh but with most of DP's problems fixed. One of the best Pokemon games in my opinion.

USM are unfortunately did not fix most of the issues with SM, and the story and characters were a shadow of its former self, they still added a lot of stuff content wise, like Alola Photo Club and the Pokedex expansion, so there fine by me in terms of gameplay.

I never finished the Sevii Islands, so that's a reason to choose FRLG.

Even though my favourite region is Galar, I think I'm going to have to choose House B. It has the two regions I grew up with, Johto and Hoenn, and I love Kalos too. House B also has Mega Evolutions, the only two games with stereoscopic 3D, and - assuming I can play Crystal on the Virtual Console - two Mythical Pokemon (Celebi and Deoxys) and the ability to play all three games on the same console, which is convenient.

I'd only choose House B if I could play Crystal on the Virtual Console, because the old Game Boy screens hurt my eyes and I wouldn't want to have to deal with the internal battery running dry.

House D would be my second choice. It has my favourite region, I really enjoy Let's Go, and Black 2 and White 2 are very good games too, although I don't like them as much as the original Black and White. What put me off this house is the lack of Johto and Hoenn, the fact that two games have to be played on a Switch (I've gone back to playing on my DS and 3DS lately because of joy-con drift) and the fact that having Black 2 and White 2, but not Black and White, would be a bit frustrating.

With Esserise's additions, House B is an even easier choice.

Here's a question... if you could create your own house from scratch, using any three games of your choice, which would you choose? I would choose Sword and Shield, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and HeartGold and SoulSilver.

I'd pick this, because as a character I now have the opportunity to live by myself:
Resort_Area_Villa_Pt.png

As a note, in my AS game, I go to the old men flat or to the powerless man (mostly this because of the balcony) and pretend it's mine!

I wonder if you could make it a little more interesting by allocating some of the remaining games into the houses. Would this be balanced?

House A: Platinum, USUM, FRLG, Ruby & Sapphire
House B: Crystal, XY, ORAS, Black & White
House C: Emerald, Yellow, HGSS, Sun & Moon
House D: B2W2, SwSh, LGPE, Gold & Silver

(Sorry for excluding Red & Blue. That's just the cost of them being remade three times. Redundancy.)

(I'm not sorry for leaving out Diamond & Pearl.)

House D for me. B2W2 is my favorite in the series, SwSh and LGPE are fun in their own rights, and GS are great classics.

If I may add to this, what if we added more than just the mainline games? If I swapped one game from each house with a spin-off, I wonder how things would play out now?

House A: Platnium, FRLG, Ruby & Sapphire, Conquest
House B: XY, ORAS, Black & White, PokéPark 2
House C: Ememrald, HGSS, Sun & Moon, Guardian Signs
House D: B2W2, SwSh, Gold & Silver, Explorers of Sky

If I may add to this, what if we added more than just the mainline games? If I swapped one game from each house with a spin-off, I wonder how things would play out now?

I don't think I've played any of those, but Explorers of Sky gets the most praise so house D
House C is a close second

This makes it a hard pick between House A and House C, but I think I'd go with House C now since it has a greater variety of core series games, unlike House A, which has two pairs from the same generation. The spin-offs didn't really influence my decision at all though, it's more that the removal of USUM and Yellow from each category makes them on more even footing for me.

Last edited:
House B for me. Crystal is all I need, but I love Kalos and Hoenn as well so not bad.

I'd have to go with C because of HeartGold/SoulSilver as well as Emerald, although I couldn't care less about Yellow. Close second would be A because Platinum is probably my favourite main series game overall and FireRed/LeafGreen are very solid too. I don't care about US/UM.

C > A > B >>> D

I'm going with B because it has my first Pokemon games of all time and my Favorite Pokemon games of all time. And also Crystal, I guess.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom