• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Picking up my copy of Legends Arceus on Friday!

Same, I even took the day off work so I can spend it playing :giggle: tempted to get a capture card just to record gameplay too!

Reviews are out now too and they are looking really good!

My copy will be waiting for me at Gamestop! Just gotta have mom drive me up there after she gets done with work for the day. (She works from home so I don't even gotta wait for her to get back!) The last couple days before a game comes out are always the worst for me lol. Like come onnnnn so close!

It's already after midnight in New Zealand, so those who've downloaded the game there should be playing and posting soon. Eastern Australia observing Daylight Savings (NSW, ACT, VIC, and TAS) is under two hours away from launch (I'm SA, 30 minutes behind). I've bought a physical copy, like with SwSh and BDSP, so I have to wait until tomorrow.

It's already after midnight in New Zealand, so those who've downloaded the game there should be playing and posting soon. Eastern Australia observing Daylight Savings (NSW, ACT, VIC, and TAS) is under two hours away from launch (I'm SA, 30 minutes behind). I've bought a physical copy, like with SwSh and BDSP, so I have to wait until tomorrow.
I’m in Sydney and bought physical too but even if I got digital I’m too old and tired these days to stay up to midnight and play :ROFLMAO: but you best believe I’ll be outside JB at opening time ready to get it!

I’m in Sydney and bought physical too but even if I got digital I’m too old and tired these days to stay up to midnight and play :ROFLMAO: but you best believe I’ll be outside JB at opening time ready to get it!
I'm a bit of the opposite. I can't fall asleep at midnight, not much of a morning person, and would likely be at an EB Games in the Adelaide city centre around midday. I'd be playing the game upon returning. Haven't picked a starter yet, like Rowlet is most likely.

I predownloaded it, but Australia and timezone shenanigans are too much for me just to play a game early, so I gotta wait till midnight. I'm usually tired and/or asleep by then, but I can stay up for this, even if it's just for an hour or two.

It's always torture watching all of these other people starting the game early and streaming it because part of me wants to watch a bit and a larger part of me is just jealous.

Same, I even took the day off work so I can spend it playing :giggle: tempted to get a capture card just to record gameplay too!

Reviews are out now too and they are looking really good!

I got a capture card this month and wanna record some gameplay too, just not sure exactly what yet.

I'm a bit of the opposite. I can't fall asleep at midnight, not much of a morning person, and would likely be at an EB Games in the Adelaide city centre around midday. I'd be playing the game upon returning. Haven't picked a starter yet, like Rowlet is most likely.
Haha I was the same when I was younger, I was pretty much nocturnal but now I'm in my 30’s I try keep a healthy sleep pattern and even on my days off I get up at 6am to workout!! Either way you can still enjoy it just as much once you get your hands on it!
I predownloaded it, but Australia and timezone shenanigans are too much for me just to play a game early, so I gotta wait till midnight. I'm usually tired and/or asleep by then, but I can stay up for this, even if it's just for an hour or two.

It's always torture watching all of these other people starting the game early and streaming it because part of me wants to watch a bit and a larger part of me is just jealous.

I got a capture card this month and wanna record some gameplay too, just not sure exactly what yet.
Hopefully you got to play it a bit and enjoyed it before sleep! Yeah I have that same temptation too and depending on the game I’ll sometimes watch but I wanted to go into this one spoiler free so managed to avoid it!

Oh which card do you have? I bought one from Elgato and it was D.O.A so still considering if it’s worth the hassle of trying another.

I'm getting it in the mail tomorrow! Gotta work first, but it's a short day and chances are it's not even there yet when I'm back home (funnily enough, I work as a mailman so one of my colleagues who does the mail for my neighborhood will probably deliver it). But I can't wait to finally play it. I haven't been this excited to play a Pokémon game since... Generation 5 I think (which, not coincidentally, is also my favorite generation).

I'm getting it in the mail tomorrow! Gotta work first, but it's a short day and chances are it's not even there yet when I'm back home (funnily enough, I work as a mailman so one of my colleagues who does the mail for my neighborhood will probably deliver it). But I can't wait to finally play it. I haven't been this excited to play a Pokémon game since... Generation 5 I think (which, not coincidentally, is also my favorite generation).
Cool! Just a little fun stuff to mention, I heard that there’s a guaranteed Shiny Pokémon that’s obtainable early in the game. I will document that, for sure.

I am excited at the prospect of a Shiny. I just hope I don’t get too many Shiny Starly. I mean, it would be nice, but, I don’t think I would be too comfortable choosing between Regular and Shiny Starly. I guess there’s no shame in using both.

Haha I was the same when I was younger, I was pretty much nocturnal but now I'm in my 30’s I try keep a healthy sleep pattern and even on my days off I get up at 6am to workout!! Either way you can still enjoy it just as much once you get your hands on it!

Hopefully you got to play it a bit and enjoyed it before sleep! Yeah I have that same temptation too and depending on the game I’ll sometimes watch but I wanted to go into this one spoiler free so managed to avoid it!

Oh which card do you have? I bought one from Elgato and it was D.O.A so still considering if it’s worth the hassle of trying another.

Thanks! I might take a power nap this evening so I can stay up a bit longer. I get the feeling I'm not gonna wanna go to bed until I'm falling asleep in my chair at this point. I've never actually watched someone's stream or watched videos until I get to play the game myself, but it is always tempting just to get a sneak peak.

I'm sorry to hear that, I thought Elgato was supposed to be the really good one too. Mine's from TKHIN, cheaper than Elgato but it doesn't come with any special software. I've only really gotten to use it a couple times.

Thanks! I might take a power nap this evening so I can stay up a bit longer. I get the feeling I'm not gonna wanna go to bed until I'm falling asleep in my chair at this point. I've never actually watched someone's stream or watched videos until I get to play the game myself, but it is always tempting just to get a sneak peak.

I'm sorry to hear that, I thought Elgato was supposed to be the really good one too. Mine's from TKHIN, cheaper than Elgato but it doesn't come with any special software. I've only really gotten to use it a couple times.
You’re welcome and that should definitely help. I can see quite a few streams in my YouTube feed, including one from GameXplain if you are looking for one. It’s less than 2 hours until I’ll have it in my hands so I’ll probably just wait.

Thanks and this particular model (4K60 S+) appears to have a lot of QC Issues so I’m looking at the Avermedia Live Gamer Pro 2 since that can also record to an SD card.

Me right now having to wait for Game Stop to open tomorrow while watching everyone who either downloaded it last week, ordered it online last year, is from Australia/New Zealand, lives near a Game Stop that still does midnight releases, or got it digitally having fun:

Screen_Shot_2017-11-10_at_10.36.15_AM.png

Last edited:
Me right now having to wait for Game Stop to open tomorrow while watching everyone who either downloaded it last week, ordered it online last year, is from Australia/New Zealand, lives near a Game Stop that still does midnight releases, or got it digitally having fun:

You'll be waiting less longer than I, who pre-ordered it from the Pokemon Center. Though I don't mind, because the reason I specifically got it from there is for the pre-order bonus of an Arceus plushie. It will be worth it in the end.

I got my game this morning at EB Games at Watergardens Town Centre (my local shopping centre), and I have played it. It is very good. I am pretty surprised that some other Pokemon has evolutions that I didn't expect. I am only an hour into the game, so I am up to the third mission. It's hard in some spots, but well worth the investment. My pre-order bonus was a Steelbook cover, and I am wondering how come other countries get better bonuses than us.

With BDSP and Legends being released so close together, I suspected that I might still be engrossed in the former when the latter came out, and I was right. I'm still halfway through a second playthrough Brilliant Diamond, so I'll probably finish that before I get Legends. But I very much look forward to soaring over Hisui on the back of a Braviary in due course.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom