• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pickup lines

nYoo said:
Unown Lord, Do you mean me? o.o If yes: I did remove the item before I entered the garden and I checked again right after I entered the garden. There was no item. In fact I still didn't get an item, now trying this for over 20 minutes. And again, I believe you and what you say that it is it happens after battle with 10% chance. I'm just trying this to get Blackjack to also believe it.
I actually decided against quoting Blackjack Gabbiani, thinking it would be clear I was referring to her, right before I saw your post. I appreciate your taking the time to verify my statements through a proper experiment.

Ok, I didn't know that. I'm such a silly sometimes. I don't notice things like that.

Hmm I think I tried and experimented enough now o.o I haven't found any item by running around, talking to persons, reading signs, watering berries or changing between route 118 and 123. And I have tried all these things very often.

nYoo said:
Hmm I think I tried and experimented enough now o.o I haven't found any item by running around, talking to persons, reading signs, watering berries or changing between route 118 and 123. And I have tried all these things very often.
So has any other player who acknowledges the fact that Pickup is activated after battle as long as a Pokémon with the ability is in the party, not necessarily used in battle. If you keep track of the status screen after every battle and remove newly found items, it is plain to see that overworld activities do not influence Pickup. The source of this misconception is that a fair number of players are still inclined to believe that Pickup is only activated if the Pokémon is used in battle, and are thus surprised to find a new item after not having used the Pokémon.

When I first started playing RS, I was convinced that pickup functioned outside of battle. However, lots of playing (and a level 96 Linoone) have convinced me that pickup only works after battles. I've yet to find an item attached to a pokemon of mine without having battled shortly prior.

I am curious, though, if battling multiple pokemon in the same battle(i.e. a trainer) increases the chances of picking up an item. I seem to find more items after trainer battles than those with wild pokemon.

I´ve used Pickup a lot so far, and it always worked by battling, only. Yup, I tried doing other things, even the silliest, but only battling seems to work. At first I thought it had something to do with the number of steps you walk (similar to breeding), but, nope, only battling. It is very easy to get confused by this, anyway, since you can think other things seemed to have worked, but they didn´t really.

And battling doesn´t necessarily mean using that particular Pokemon in battle, you can use a 6 Zigzagoon team, as someone said, and it will work for them all.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom