• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pidgeot vs Noctowl vs Swellow vs Staraptor vs Tranquil

Who is yer favorite?

• Pidgeotto

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Noctowl

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Swellow

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Staraptor

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Tranquill

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Battle of Ash's Bird Pokémon

Swellow was the only bird that caught my attention after Pigeot was kicked off the air. Battles were awesome. Starvaria was cool but Staraptor's character was deep and very serious. I didn't relate to him as much. I don't want to even touch the Tranquill subject.

I voted without answering :p

My favourite's Noctowl and I feel he's the most memorable cause he's the one that the writers deliberately made as different from the generic bird stereotype as possible, not just in terms of shininess and his psychic attacks, but the cleverness and brains. He showed he could kick some ass, won Ash a badge almost all by itself and really shined in the Sinnoh League.

So, I'd tie it with Staraptor for most useful. Staraptor is the best physical battler and can cause damage while Noctowl stand back and kinda waits attacks from a distance. Swellow, Pidgeotto and Tranquil, I could have done without tbh, there was nothing really interesting about them in my opinion.

Swellow was possibly my fave. It was so resilient and tough in battle. More than youd expect from the Regional Bird pokemon.
Staraptor i felt had the Best moveset. Noctowls obviously massively unique and proved to be a powerful battler in the sinnoh league with some new moves, so it too is pretty awesome. Pigeot i wouldnt really care about if not for the fact that it was Ash's First regional bird lol, it just holds that sorta Nostalgic factor. As for Tranquill, at this point it would bother me if they fazed it out like the GS ball haha.

Swellow was the best comparitive to his contemporaries, but (besides Sceptile) Ash's Hoenn team was pretty rubbish. I think that Staraptor is the best bird but comparative to Ash's Sinnoh team he's pretty rubbish

Memorable? Staraptor - awesome design and he has had some pretty epic battles.
Useful? Noctowl - he is Ash's only pokemon to use Psychic moves and proved to be one of his best general in the Sinnoh League. Not only that he pretty well against Morty way back when and was actually the main battler in that Gym.
Fav? Pidgeot. He WAS awesome and strong from the few times we saw it. He beat Giovani's RYHDON with a QUICK ATTACK AD DOUBLE EDGE! He flew Pickachu and ash in a balloon to the league and when he evolved, his wing attack made bright blade thingy's and he flew light a rocket! Oh, technically he fought in a gym battle - against Misty, beating her starmie.

Back
Top Bottom