• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Pignite VS Monferno

Startmirca

CANT LET YOU DO THAT !!!
Reaction score
Pignite.png

VS
20100326162256%21391Monferno.png

Who do you like better?

Other middle-stage Unova starter vs middle-stage Sinnoh starter matchup:

Dewott VS Prinplup

Servine VS Grotle

Note that I misspelt Monferno as "Monfeno" , sorry about that.

Last edited:
These two are included in my list of favourite pokemon, so it's really difficult to choose between them. I really like primates, so I'm tempted to edge towards Monferno, but Pignite is the 'flavour of the month', so to speak. Smokey Bacon. I'll go with him this time, as he's sorely underated and it's a shame to see him bashed due to his unfortunate typing. He's a fun idea for a 'mon, has tons of personallity and is really cute.

Monferno!! :-D *sigh...got a warning for a pointless post...okie dokey!~ I change it to make it UN-POINTLESS!!! :-D :-D :-D*

Ok here are my reasons: I like it's design, several of my favorite characters owned one and I like it's good speed. ^_^

Last edited:
These two are included in my list of favourite pokemon, so it's really difficult to choose between them. I really like primates, so I'm tempted to edge towards Monferno, but Pignite is the 'flavour of the month', so to speak. Smokey Bacon. I'll go with him this time, as he's sorely underated and it's a shame to see him bashed due to his unfortunate typing. He's a fun idea for a 'mon, has tons of personallity and is really cute.

How come Pignite is bashed because of typing if Monferno has it too?

I still haven't decided my vote though

I voted for Pignite, because I chose him in White and he's an unstopable beast (as an Emboar). Design-wise, Monferno is slightly better, but both are really cool.

I'm not fond of Pignite at all. One reason's obvious. Another's also kinda obvious, but will be mentioned anyway: it's just plain ugly. Monferno I'm at least a little... unnoticeably fond of.

I'm not fond of Pignite at all. One reason's obvious. Another's also kinda obvious, but will be mentioned anyway: it's just plain ugly. Monferno I'm at least a little... unnoticeably fond of.

OMG3RDFIREFIGHTINGSTARTER!! LOL

Pignite. I really don't have anything against Monferno, but Pignite just has a better design.

Pignite. I find bacon better than burning monkeys any day :-D Also, Pignite is the one who actually looks like a fighting type. Monferno itself just looks like a redesigned Chimchar with extra meat on its arms :/

Last edited:
Pignite. Loved him in my team, he was so beast compared to Monferno. Its design too is better. A wrestler? Hell ya...

Pignite is adorable. It looks like a toddler in diapers.
Monferno is meh. Although Infernape is my favorite fire starter of all.

Mondrill!
I mean, Monferno.

A weird mandrill is way better than a fat pig.

Pignite looks tasty. :p

I voted for Monferno because it's better in battle, and I used one.

Monferno, because Pignite:
1. Is bacon
2. Wears a bra

Plus, I think Monferno looks badass.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom