• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America on March 24: Release of limited edition 3DS XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America on March 24: Release of limited edition 3D

Just a quick protip - Most WalMarts price match. If you have the physical ad and Target/Toys R Us is out of them and you have a WalMart near by- they might match the price! (Walmart is selling theirs for the retail value.)

I'm going to Toys R Us first thing Sunday morning to hopefully get one :3

Re: Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America on March 24: Release of limited edition 3D

Unsure where I want to get mine because my Gamestop claims they may be getting it tomorrow, however I work at a target and kinda want to get it there to use my discount especially if it is actually going to be 159.99. I may buy at Gamestop and return it when i'm sure I can get one at target.

Has anyone had any luck finding one on shelves early? I've been to target and toys r us. Also are those sale prices confirmed? I may be waking up early Sunday if so

I won't get it. I don't have $200 spare to change, I won't get paid until April 2nd, I don't like Pikachu that much, I already own 2 DS - DS Lite and 3DS XL.... If they make a 3DS XL with the X&Y starters, I'll gladly spend on it instead. Pikachu and Me, not great combo.

Kidd: Oh, someone bought me a Pikachu 3DS? Not bad, I think its kinda cute *takes a closer look, opens it and views the entirely open backside* ....its asymmetrical...it disgusts me!!!!! *shoots it to pieces*

JK I might... its adorable but the color seems too attractive, might get the Cosmic Black instead...

Last edited:

I picked mine up from target. They are on sale for $159.99 but they weren't joking when they say limited. They had 3 and one of them went to an employee on shift before they opened the doors

I picked mine up from target. They are on sale for $159.99 but they weren't joking when they say limited. They had 3 and one of them went to an employee on shift before they opened the doors

The employee may get in trouble the target buying guideline for employees is they aren't supposed to be allowed to purchase before or after store hours, and if its high demand merchandise they aren't supposed to buy until its had 30mins on the floor, plus we're only allowed to buy on breaks and lunches. I know doesn't help the situation just saying, and more on topic: got mine! Was second in line and we had four.

omg only 3 and 4 in stock :0 that is really limited.

As of right now, only Walmart has the Pikachu 3DS XL available to ship to home. Of course, Walmart was also the last to list the 3DS on the website. Toys R Us and Target are offering $20 and $40 discounts respectively, but the only option to get those are in-store pick up, and checking from where I live, most of the nearby stores are already sold out. GameStop, in my area, is listing everything as "Low Stock", so I'm assuming they haven't updated within the last couple of hours. So does anyone want to take bets on how long these will take to sell out? lol

They aren't kidding by 'low stock'. My GameStop got 2 - count 'em - 2, my Walmart (which is tiny) didn't even get any, and Target got only 4 -- three of which were 'claimed' by employees in advance... I got the fourth, but I'm still annoyed by the nepotism of the situation.

If you want one and haven't gotten it yet, hurry up or you'll likely miss out! I think they're going to go the same way they did in Japan.

Got mine at Wal Mart with the Target ad, TRU sale was bogus. Anyway, my Wal Mart had two, they even put them out at midnight, but I went at 8AM and both were still there. Anyhow, I absolutely love it! Everywhere in Mesquite/Dallas got them, so have fun hunting!

I went to Target at 8 am and I didn't see signs for them or anything so I was getting a little bit worried...but I asked the guy if they had them, and he was bringing them out, and while I was waiting (for maybe 30 seconds) 3 or 4 more people got in line behind me asking for the same thing. I don't know how many there were, but he was holding 3 and I bought one :3 I tried to buy another one (to sell later - but I didn't tell them that :p) but they told me no XD

Also, there's a bunch on eBay right now. Some seem to be going for about retail value, but the price is only going to keep increasing.

but the price is only going to keep increasing.

You think? Not going to lie, I'm kind of hoping for that. I bought one this morning on impulse because I spotted one while I was out running errands, but I'm starting to come down with buyers remorse. I already have the Zelda DS and really don't need 2 lol.

I don't know. I may end up keeping it for trading. Sigh. I have such a bad ohhh shiny complex.

The Target I work at only got a shipment of 3 units, and we're only expecting to get 1 or 2 more shipments in the future. If you guy want one, you should be quick about it because most other stores will probably be similar. I would've bought one so fast if I didn't already have a 3DS, lol.

Last edited:

Proud to say I got both that and Luigi's Mansion at Target today

so pretty. I am officially ready for X any Y (had a regular 3DS already, so I will be able to trade :))

Finally got it after searching around stores for a couple days!

My Gamestop had two in stock when I was there. I was really tempted to get one for myself but decided not to. I really think Nintendo will release a special edition one later this year when Pokemon X and Pokemon Y comes out. I'll be waiting for that. XP

Found this on Reddit. Looks pretty badass if though it's not official!

QK0cqbu.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom