• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pikachu-Colored Pichu to be distributed via Wi-Fi: First Pokémon to be distributed ov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pikachu-Colored Pichu to be distributed via Wi-Fi: First Pokémon to be distribute

Is there any truth to the rumor that if a North American cart downloads this, it uses up one Wonder Card code that may be used in the future to download another kind of event Pokemon specifically FOR NA carts?

No; it turns out the European one uses the same WC code as the Gamestop Pichu.

Re: Pikachu-Colored Pichu to be distributed via Wi-Fi: First Pokémon to be distribute

Okay, awesome. Now just to dig out my DS...

Re: Pikachu-colored Pichu to be distributed via Wi-Fi: First Pokémon to be distribute

I didn't know you could get pokemon on diamond and pearl on wi-fi!

Re: Pikachu-colored Pichu to be distributed via Wi-Fi: First Pokémon to be distribute

isn't this the same thread 0_o

MERGING.

THANKS, BULBABOT.

I just got a Pikachu - Colored - Pichu over Wi - Fi.

Can you do this if you already have one from GS?

Can you do this if you already have one from GS?

No, you shouldn't be able to. I recall seeing somebody reporting that he had, but personally I think something else must've been going on there. Both the Gamestop and European Wonder Cards for Pichu use the ID# 21. Once you've recieved one of them and picked the Pokemon up from the delivery guy, you shouldn't be able to recieve the other unless you do it on a different game or restart.

I hope they follow this practice of giving away previous events via Wi-fi, as that would allow us to also have the TRU Arceus that unlocks the Sinjoh Ruins event.

I've never been so pissed before in my life. What was the point of having the GameStop thing if they were eventually going to release it over WiFi anyway??

It SHOULD have been the other way around; screw the sales, I wasted money getting to GameStop that day. And since you cannot download it twice if you've already hit the GS event....*red face* Smash.

I've never been so pissed before in my life. What was the point of having the GameStop thing if they were eventually going to release it over WiFi anyway??

Because technically this Wi-Fi event is for Europe; not a repeat of the U.S. Gamestop giveaway (the Pichu has different OT data). English games from non-European regions inadvertently have access to the English Wonder Card file in the European distribution package due to the way the game is programmed, but the Wi-Fi event isn't being advertised in North America the way Gamestop's was.

If people are still unsure, you cannot get both the Gamestop Pikachu colored Pichu and the SPR 2010 Pichu. I tried it myself.

It is a bit of a disappointment as they are pretty much two completely different Pichus, trainer and all.

The event still works if you evolve it though, is anyone planning on doing so?

Not I. Once it is evolved it cannot be turned back into the original, but a Pichu can always be evolved. I feel leaving it in its most basic and customizable stage is the best choice to keep it worth more, personally.

so can you get the european pichu in north america over wifi event thought it was meant for europe?

I already picked up one for Diamond and one for Platinum. Today I picked up another one. Will probably pick up a total of two more. Last one I picked up had perfect IVs.

It SHOULD have been the other way around; screw the sales, I wasted money getting to GameStop that day. And since you cannot download it twice if you've already hit the GS event....*red face* Smash.

Well actually you just get another chance to get it, it's bonus, but I understand why you are pissed.

Last edited:

I have mine, I just need to borrow my friend's Platinum so he can get his as he doesn't have wi-fi at the moment.

Awww, diddums for you and your regular events.

Want me to go and find a tiny little violin to play you a sad, sad song?

I Got my PCP yesterday on Platinum, going to get another on my diamond game soon too. Is a jolly nature PCP any good?

All PCPs are Jolly anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom