• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pikachu flies again: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade plays host to electric mouse ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pikachu flies again: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade plays host to electric mouse balloon

A decade of Pikachu will be celebrated at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this November. A balloon shaped like the franchise mascot will participate in the parade for the tenth straight year.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pikachu flies again: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade plays host to electric mouse

That balloon is so adorable. I'm not a huge fan of Pikachu, but he's just so cute there. 8D

Macy's Parade always makes me feel really nostalgic. I have no idea why O:

Re: Pikachu flies again: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade plays host to electric mouse

Yay for the only part of the parade I actually feel like watching!
Because it's filled with numerous icons from years past? (And on one occasion, RickRolling.)

Glad to see that Pikachu is flying once again. Sucks that I can't see it live, but what can you do?

And it's times like this where I look at people and say, "And you're telling me pokemon isn't popular anymore?"

(And on one occasion, RickRolling.)

Oh Arceus, I remember that. xD No, I don't think it's necessarily the characters in the parade that do it. I dunno. D: But I like it a lot :B

I thought they retired the Pikachu baloon years ago, considering the franchises popularity in the states was going down after the start of Gen 3.....

Probably will watch the parade for this, though I've never recalled actually ever watching it before..

Wonder if another meme will make an appearance? PokeBall balloon opens up and.. A WILD MUDKIP APPEARED?!

Oh the Pikachu balloon, good times XD. 10th annaversaries are great times to break
out something special, and I think Pika is enough of an icon to make random appearances even later on. I never have the patience to sit through watching the whole parade, I've seen it enough as a kid, but I'm glad they brought back Pika again.

Last edited:

I thought they retired the Pikachu baloon years ago, considering the franchises popularity in the states was going down after the start of Gen 3.....

As noted in the article, that was the first Pikachu balloon. We're onto the second one now :)

Wonder if they'll be rolling out a new Mario balloon this year in honor of the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

And guys, just to clarify, the original Pikachu balloon was retired and replaced in 2006 in honor of the 10th anniversary of Pokemon Red and Green, this balloon is the one that replaced it that year. Also, they aren't doing anything special this year; there has been a Pikachu balloon every year since the first one debuted 10 years ago.

Yea! Giant Pikachu! I love watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade every year. I get all happy and melt into my turkey and gravy lol. Mmmmm...gravy...

Anyways, back on topic, I like that Pikachu float. They should have other Pokémon (like Bulbasaur or something) floats, too. Then I would probably watch the whole thing. But probably not. Sometimes the parade gets boring. idk

...Did you watch it as a kid? That'd probably have something to do with it.

Also, I love the parade. The floats are awesome and the performances they do are fun.

Wonder if they're making any changes to the new balloon or if's exactly the same as the previous one?

Ten straight years? Wow, learn something new everyday. When I saw the entry, I thought Pikachu was retuning to the parade in order to get the hype up for the Black and White games or something like that.

I watch this every year just for the Pikachu Balloon and a couple of others xD

Considering I live in New York, I really should go to the parade at least once in my life.

Three weeks from now in NYC. Best part of the parade is the brief moment where the announcers acknowledge that Pokemon still exists as a media franchise.

Yay! I cant wait to see Pikachu again!

Because it's filled with numerous icons from years past? (And on one occasion, RickRolling.)

I remember that, I loled when the Fosters Home Of Imaginary Friends people stopped signing and Rick Astley came out...

Only thing I'm looking forward to this Thanksgiving.

Yes, I know that's sad.

Yay for the only part of the parade I actually feel like watching!Because it's filled with numerous icons from years past? (And on one occasion, RickRolling.)

Pikachu is better than any other balloon! Because Pikachu is never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom