• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pikachu- Symbol of Pokemon franchise

Haruka_Rules!

Long live Haruka (May)!
Reaction score
Do you agree that the mascot of the Pokemon franchise is Pikachu? If not, what do you think should be the mascot for the franchise?

Yeah. Personally I think it should be Eevee, but still, Pikachu makes for an adorable mascot.

Pikachu fits since it could be caught early enough in the original games so people can be familiar enough with it, it's cute, which the Japanese seem to absolutely adore, and it appeals to both boys and girls. Which is probably the main reason why Clefairy and Jigglypuff were passed over, they look like they could appeal only to girls with their pinkness and all.

Yes I have to admit it is cute...but I think Meowth could be the secondary mascot (plus Snoopy is the mascot of the Peanuts gang and he's cute too)

I think Pikachu is. Why, because half the time it's on anything Pokémon related. Also because I have seen people who don't know the first thing about Pokémon recognize Pikachu.

This ^
Half the poeple I know when I mention pokemon, is Pikachu.
They don't know Ash, Brock, or Misty, but they know Pikachu lol.

Thanks.

Yeah, I've seen people mistake Pichu for Pikachu. They're not Pokemon fans, though. ;)

Pikachu should stay as the mascot because the main character of the anime (Ash) owns one.

Plus, it's cute.

*Is talking to new kid at school*
Me:Hey, you know what pokemon is?
Them:*confused look*
Me:*shows picture of pikachu*
Them: Oh yeah, I've heard of that.

^This is why pikachu should stay the mascott.

Pikachu fits since it could be caught early enough in the original games so people can be familiar enough with it, it's cute, which the Japanese seem to absolutely adore, and it appeals to both boys and girls. Which is probably the main reason why Clefairy and Jigglypuff were passed over, they look like they could appeal only to girls with their pinkness and all.

I didn't know they considered Clefairy and Jigglypuff! That's interesting.

Pikachu should stay as the mascot because the main character of the anime (Ash) owns one.

Plus, it's cute.

Yeah, I agree, plus there is no reason to change mascots.

Pikachu is definitely the most well known pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom