• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pikachu's Beach

Reaction score
There was a house south of Fuchsia in Yellow that accommodated a cute surfing mini-game, in case Pikachu knew Surf from Stadium or a distribution. How will this be addressed now? I see three options:

1. The game will be adapted with few changes, and both Pikachu and Eevee will learn Surf somehow (or maybe they won't need to?). The potential problem with this is that if Eevee can be traded and evolved, the Eeveelutions stealing Surf from Vaporeon would be awkward.

2. Mantine Surf will be the basis instead, with the player and Pikachu/Eevee riding Lapras or maybe a faster Pokemon.

3. The mini-game will be abandoned just like Cycling Road.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking that, since this mini-game was in Yellow, it should also appear here. However, I could also (sadly) see Game Freak removing mini-games altogether and offer nothing on the side or outside the main campaign.

On the other hand, the more positive side of me thinks that Game Freak might actually add more mini-games into LGPE if for no other reason than to soften the backlash on these games. Heck, for all we know, Game Freak might have converted Cycling Road from an area to some sort of bike mini-game where you can rely on your mascot to overcome obstacles. I could also see Game Freak giving the Safari Zone a similar treatment by converting it into a mini game similar to the National Park's Bug Catching Contest back in GSC (but not limited to Bug-type Pokémon).

The bottom line is this: if there was ever a time to implement a bunch of mini-games into a Pokémon title, it would be these games. I'm not saying it's guaranteed to happen though.

Or, Option 4 - LGE might get a different minigame.

(@Kallyle, I also love your Bike minigame idea. And if the universe wanted to be cosmically hilarious... maybe Rhyhorn Racing makes a shocking return as well??? :eek:)

But no, realistically I don’t think we’ll be getting anything.

Heck, for all we know, Game Freak might have converted Cycling Road from an area to some sort of bike mini-game where you can rely on your mascot to overcome obstacles.
The route still exists, but it seems that they want us to use it for riding now. Not a bad idea per se, but it ruins the route's novelty and name.

I could also see Game Freak giving the Safari Zone a similar treatment by converting it into a mini game similar to the National Park's Bug Catching Contest back in GSC (but not limited to Bug-type Pokémon).
The area is called Go Park now and it doesn't seem to involve a competition (it's comparable to Pal Park).

Esserise said:
maybe Rhyhorn Racing makes a shocking return as well???
It should be racing for all Pokemon you can ride, to be honest.

Land: Venusaur, Arbok, Arcanine, Rapidash, Dodrio, Onix, Tauros, Rhyhorn

Water: Blastoise, Golduck, Poliwrath, Tentacruel, Dewgong, Gyarados, Lapras, Dragonite

Sky: Charizard, Pidgeot, Fearow, Golbat, Aerodactyl, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dragonite

It'll prob be removed. Or if they do it, only the unable to evolve Eevee/Pikachu will get Surf for it. Then you can't give Surf to a Flareon for example

It'll prob be removed. Or if they do it, only the unable to evolve Eevee/Pikachu will get Surf for it. Then you can't give Surf to a Flareon for example
Only if they make them untradeable, which Pikachu wasn't. But then Spiky-eared Pichu was and these mascots are easily more special. Or maybe they can't evolve even in the opposite version.

Last edited:
Are these games going to be completely isolated from the other future versions? If not (which is most probably the answer) then what is stopping the player from trading Eevee to the next games and evolving it into a Flareon with Surf?

Raichu with Surf are legal so I don't see any reason for Eeveelutions to be prevented from having Surf.
(And if the argument is: "How will the eeveelutions Surf?" the answer will be: "The same way Eevee does.")

If they wanted, they could treat the Eevee as a form that would never evolve in any game. The starters do seem to have higher stats, which Yellow's Pikachu didn't. Making just the starters untradeable isn't unthinkable after Spiky-eared Pichu and Cosplay Pikachu, either.

Someone analyzed Pikachu's demo stats and worked out that the base stats are higher unless the EV system has been overhauled or something. It makes complete sense that they would be stronger.

It's pretty logical that the starter eevee and Pikachu would be naturally stronger. Otherwise what makes them so worth keeping over wild ones that you can evolve. Eevee's only damage dealing move that isn't normal is bite. That's good for Sabrina, but so is ghost and bug at that point and those get STAB. Normal moves do no special damage to anyone, and the only ghost type user that is an issue is Agatha, and that immunity to ghost types just isn't worth it.

Otherwise what makes them so worth keeping over wild ones that you can evolve. Eevee's only damage dealing move that isn't normal is bite. That's good for Sabrina, but so is ghost and bug at that point and those get STAB. Normal moves do no special damage to anyone, and the only ghost type user that is an issue is Agatha, and that immunity to ghost types just isn't worth it.

Pikachu learns double kick now to deal with Brock so Eevee is most probably in for a Moveset expansion too.

I think instead of giving Pikachu and Eevee higher stats they’re going to include an Amie/refresh system which gives massive perks for playing with your Pikachu/Eevee.

Pikachu learns double kick now to deal with Brock so Eevee is most probably in for a Moveset expansion too.

I think instead of giving Pikachu and Eevee higher stats they’re going to include an Amie/refresh system which gives massive perks for playing with your Pikachu/Eevee.

how could they possibly make Pokemon Amie more overpowered than it already is?

Like i said: In essence they are the same, since you can do that as well in Mini-games (Like the Ditto side-quest in USUM, can also be a mini-game).

Not really but you can be free to see it as such, just means you're incorrect

Side quests are things to earn rewards and usually are things such as defeating enemies or finding items, and thus you usually get a reward.

Mini games are small games in the larger game. They use different mechanics and you can do them as many times as you want, and earn the same prize multiple times. Side quests are one offs. They are massively different. It would be nice if pikachu beach is a mini game, because side quests just don't hold the same interest.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom