• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Pikachu's Z-move

Reaction score
This thread is full of spoilers about the game and possibly for the anime too.
There is a Pikachu in the games which is wearing a hat exactly like Ash's in this series. That Pikachu has an exclusive Z-Move. The name is '10,000,000 volt thunderbolt'. So it is the Z move Ash's Pikachu will eventually get?

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
There is a Pikachu in the games which is wearing a hat exactly like Ash's in this series. That Pikachu has an exclusive Z-Move. The name is '10,000,000 volt thunderbolt'. So it is the Z move Ash's Pikachu will eventually get?
It's very possible if they end up following the whole "Pokémon exclusive Z-Moves need a certain move" thing in the anime. If they don't, then I wouldn't rule out Pikatastrophe as a possibility.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
If the writers choose to do it then it would be done for the anime. That is all I can say. Ash would likely use Z moves at some point.

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
That name had been bugging me since the XYZ song where it was was used in a line and I felt like it should be a move but it wasn't... I'd hedge my bets that it will be, especially because
Thunderbolt (or 100,000 volts) is Satoshi's Pikachu's permanent signature move/finisher for all intents and purposes.

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
I honestly believe that

once Ash starts the Island Challenge he'll get the Z-Crystals in the same order that you get them in the games. Thus, I believe after doing the normal-type trial, he'll use Breakneck Blitz as Pikachu's main Z-Move for a while, since it's basically a super powered Quick Attack anyway. Then after he completes the electric-type trial properly he'll get a new Electrium-Z and use Gigavolt Havoc as his main Z-Move for Pikachu. Then later on, maybe before the league or so, he'll get the 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt Z-Move.

Since that move exists, I really don't see him getting Catasropika anymore, especially since it requires Volt Tackle which Pikachu no longer knows. I could see a random CoTD showing that off. Plus there's really no reason to not have Pikachu use the Z-Move that was quite literally made for him.

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
I hope Pikachu electrocuting Ash is part of the exclusive move in the anime.