• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pines Peak (Mature: Midorikawa and Mitsune Haku)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoto

The Killy Killy Joker
Reaction score
Drew always lived in Pines Peak, possibly the most quiet and peaceful town in existence. Located at the base of small mountain, and this town was surrounded by pine trees, only further cutting off the town from the rest of the world. They weren't known for much, but lately... A lot of elderly have been dying, which usually wouldn't be alarming. But they died was odd. Apparently they would be perfectly fine, but then they started getting weak and tired, and then a few days later, they'd die.

The warm summer night air wafted into my small room of Drew Alexandrite, as he quietly sat in his bed playing a handheld video game. He had messy black hair, blue eyes with slight shadows, and he was wearing a light weight short sleeved t shirt with a pair of shorts.

A shiver went down his spine, as he felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on end.

"What the-" The thought he thought. He stood up and looked out his bedroom window.

All he could see were the pine trees. The wind picked up slightly, as the trees started to dance in the breeze. The light of the full moon creating enough dim light to see the pine needles.

Is something... Watching us... He thought.

A figure walked through the forest around Pines Peak. It was swift, agile, quiet. If anyone could see it then they would see a flash of brown and black, that is if there was enough light. It moved, seemingly looking for something, only stopping when something else caught its attention. If one were to see it then they would see the figure was a girl who seemed to be in her late teens, just reaching the age of eighteen. Brown hair flowed from her head to a little past her shoulders, the bangs cut short above her piercing blue-green eyes that were brown right around the pupil. Her skin was deathly pale, shadows underneath her two eyes. She wore all black, long sleeves, pants, and combat boots.

She watched from her perch in a tree as another figure moved, hunting a prey that was inside a building. From her position she could see it was a boy. Boredom and curiosity overtook her, she moved, getting closer to the boy's position. She crouched into an attack position, ready to move.

It's probably nothing... Drew thought, still uneasy.

Still unable to shake off his feelings of unease, Drew changed into a plain white t and sweat pants, before lying in his bed.

Relax. He thought. There's nothing there. You'll be just fine.

He finally fell asleep.

The wind whistled on the window pane, the leaves began to rustle with the summer wind. The eerie moonlight blanketed Pines Peak like a shroud.

Drew jerked awake, a few hours later.

What!? Drew thought in a panic. I can't move!

He tried to shout, to cry for help, but he couldn't even open his mouth. It was like he was literally paralyzed with terror.

The window then slowly creaked open, as a ghostly pale white hand slowly moved it upward. Then, the hands owner climbed through. It looked like a young woman, but... It's skin was pale and waxy, her hair was ragged, and she wore a tattered black lace dress... Like she just crawled out of her coffin.

Her eyes turned to menacing slits, the irises started to glow with a red aura. The bloodlust in her eyes was undeniable. She opened her mouth, as a pair of fangs sparkled like the knife of Jack the Ripper.

"So... Hungry..." It whispered, with an insane smile.

The creature slowly moved itself to Drew.

It's limbs moved and bent in a way that looked broken, like it had no joints.

Am I going to die? Is that thing going to eat me? Drew thought panicked, unable to move away from his predator.

The figure that the other figure had been watching moved. She watched her for a moment before moving, her eyes becoming red themselves. She went in through the window, ripping its head from its body, taking note of the fact that she had been tracking another female. She then looked down at the boy, her gaze emotionless as she studied his now bloodstained face. "What's your name?" she asked him in a thick Romanian accent.

Drew couldn't speak.

The glow in her eyes was unnerving. The way she killed the other monster was even worse. Why did she go through the trouble, was she going to eat him in place of the other monster.

"I'm Dre- Drew Alexandrite." He stuttered.

Keith arrived at Drew's house that evening. Tonight was going to be a night to chill. Just him and his bro. He had just gotten back from a hunting trip, and changed to his normal attire. He wore a black tank top, which clung to his slender, but toned figure. Over that, he wore a red leather jacket, and slate-grey denim jeans. He slung his backpack over his shoulder as he headed for Drew's house. Inside, he had a change of clothes, a DVD, and a hunting knife his father had given him. The knife was more a keepsake than anything else. He obviously had no intention of using it at the sleepover.

His foot tapped a newspaper. He picked it up, skimming it over. His eyes immediately fell on an article: "Pines Peak Gouger Kills Again". He pursed his lips. He'd been following the case ever since it began two years ago.

The Pine Peak Gouger was a serial killer. The killings were ritualistic in nature: He would carve crosses into their flesh, occasionally writing Bible verses on them. And he'd always remove their eyes. Hence the name.

Two years ago, he had killed Keith's father.

Keith had resolved himself to be their if the police caught the man. To be present when he was executed. He relished the day. He knew it was a bit twisted, but he couldn't help himself. But at this rate, they would never catch him. Either the police were useless, or the Gouger was just too damn good.

Keith closed his eyes as he entered Drew's house, finding the door unlocked. Such thoughts were pushed from his mind. As he entered the house, he felt something was...Off.

"Drew?" He called.

The girl perked her head at the sound of someone calling out. She put her finger to her lips as she moved, standing behind his door, ready for the voice if it chose to come in. She then noticed how she had left the body on the other one. She moved quickly, tossing it outside of the window before moving back behind the door. She didn't like the unknown. The unknown was a pain in the butt.

Keith heard a loud noise. It wasn't Drew calling it. It was the sound of the intruder throwing the body around. It was probably for the best he didn't know that's what it was. He quietly dropped his backpack to the ground, taking out his knife. It was eight inches long. Carbon folded. Sharp enough that just touching the blade lightly would cut you. Keith was tall and thin, but he was also toned and agile. He had dark rings under his eyes from his insomnia, but he was completely alert. He was still on edge from hunting. He waited in the entryway. After a moment of waiting, he flicked the lights on. If someone was here, they already knew he was here too. Their eyes were likely adjusted to the dark, so there was no sense in letting them have the upper hand. He silently crept towards the doorway, waiting for anyone to see him. He was completely silent: Controlled breath, his footsteps making no noise. He had practice.

She listened as the one that wasn't Drew entered, and went quiet. This one was smart. She left the room, looking for him, finally finding him after a moment. "Tell me why I shouldn't rip your heart from your chest," she said to him in that thick accent.

Keith looked at her. He smiled.

"Because, miss. You've already stolen my heart!" He said. He didn't lower the knife, though. His green eyes were trained on her, waiting for any movements. "Cut the posturing. Who are you and what are you doing here?"

He called out again, up the stairs. "Drew, you lucky bastard!" He yelled.

"That's not very polite. You should introduce yourself first." Keith said, the blade clenched in his hand. His grip showed that he had experience with it: He wasn't gripping it too hard, but nor was his grip loose: It was firm enough to avoid being disarmed while allowing him mobility.

"Keith." He said, after a moment's hesitation. "Now tell me what you're doing here. Drew hasn't said anything, so if you don't start explaining very soon, I'm going to have to assume you've done something to him." He shifted slightly, adjusting his stance. It too, showed he knew how to fight. It was stable, but also left him in a position to move quickly.

"Bad things happen to people who hurt those I care for."

"Drew? Oh right that boy. I actually did do something to him. Why don't you go take a look Keith," she told him, gesturing for him to go upstairs and see. She of course knew that all he would see is Drew in bed covered in blood.

Drew stepped out his room trembling. He was about to be eaten, and then saved by another monster. The blood dripped from his hair, and with his wide eyes, stared at the girl who just saved his life.

"Who are you?" He asked. "Why did you save me? Are you going to try and kill me to?"

He then noticed Keith.

"No! This isn't what you think! This girl just came in here after this, THING tried to kill me!"

Last edited:
Keith recognized the scent of blood in the air as it drifted into the room with drew. He was a bit stunned by the site of his friend covered in blood. He felt like someone walking into the theater in the middle of a movie.

"What thing? Go take a shower." Keith said to drew, looking away, back at the girl. "What's your name? Tell me what happened."

"What kind of name is Ruxandra?" Keith asked. "Sounds Welsh to me. Drew, what the hell happened?" He walked past him into his room, and noted the open window. Looking out, he saw a girl, broken, outside. Also blood all over the place. Keith was trembling, breathing heavily.

"And why did that girl need to be killed?" Keith asked. He bit his lower lip, as he often did when thinking. Something didn't add up here. He went back down the stairs, then outside. He tentatively approached the body, watching for any signs of life, his knife out. Presumably this was the thing that tried to kill Drew. So he did the logical thing. He picked up a nearby stick and started poking her with it.

"Vampire?" Drew said. "First off, i thought they were only works of fiction. Second off, even if they were real, why would a Vampire come all the way out here just to eat me?"

After taking a moment to double check she was dead, Keith lifted her lips, looking at her teeth.

"She has fangs." Keith said to Drew. He began to go through her pockets. He wanted to see if he could find some identification. But he had to do it one handed. Not once did his hand leave the knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom