• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pink's Practice

Pink_Lady

Reaction score
So, I guess this is where I'll be sharing my Pokemon-related art... For now, it's a lot of redraws (yes... copying if you want to be technical) to help me practice and I'll also give fair warning that at the sketch stage my process DOES involve a light board to help me with mapping the size and placement of features because this is where I struggle the most. I try to be as loose and vague as I can with this step so that all of the detail work is still up to me and I am also striving to use fewer of these guides while making more and more of my own style choices as I go. If this is wrong, or considered stealing then I apologize, but I have no intention of selling the stuff that's reproduced; as I said before, it's all in the name of practice for now.

Anyway...I'm also here on DeviantArt if you're interested in my work relating to my other interests (or anything Pokemon-related I did before joining) but seeing as this is a Pokemon community I'll stay on topic.
hapu_s_tapu_fini_dance_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddg967q-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: Hapu's Tapu Fini Dance

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be Pokémon related to be posted here!

That's an awesome picture of Hapu!!

If this is wrong, or considered stealing then I apologize

It's absolutely fine, I think that's a really good process, actually! (I often end up with things pretty out-of-proportion when I first draw something from a reference, so I think that's a great way of doing it!!)

It doesn't have to be Pokémon related to be posted here!

In that case, you asked for it! I do three pieces of art each week and post on Sundays.

It's absolutely fine, I think that's a really good process, actually! (I often end up with things pretty out-of-proportion when I first draw something from a reference, so I think that's a great way of doing it!!)

I'm glad you feel that way. I was just a little nervous because there seems to be a group in the Sailor Moon community on DA that is going around and mercilessly, "publicly" (as public as the internet gets, anyway) shaming one person in particular for using a technique similar to mine (or at least, one person described it that way) and they're calling them a thief. The difference, however, is that they're doing this to other people's fanart and digitally manipulating it into their own OCs without crediting or permission from the original artist. In my case, if/when I ever do have to trace like that to fix features I couldn't get right in my sketch I call myself on it and I would never use fanart as a reference. (No offense. I love fanart, but I just don't trust it as a reference because of the liberties people can take)

Anyway, I'm not going to spam my entire backlog but something else I WOULD like to share right off the bat is an animation I completed not too long ago: a Pokemon version of the 9th ending for Fairy Tail: Kono Te Nobashite (it requires Adobe Flash to view)
Kono Te Nobashite: Pokemon Version

Alright, it's time for my weekly batch of art! This week didn't feature any Pokemon, but hopefully, people can still find something to like.
last_train__new_morning__by_prettysoldierpetite_ddgq1q0-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: Last Train (New Morning)
I've been watching Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's subtitled lately (after completing GX) via Crunchyroll. Luca/Luna and Lua/Leo are my favorite characters (Luca especially, but Lua is actually comes off a LOT cuter in the original than in the dub) and the second opening song has really grown on me, so this is a tribute to both.
father_before_the_grave_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddgq1qq-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: Father Before The Grave
I've also been re-watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood during my workouts and I've wanted to draw this scene since watching it the first time some years ago because baby Ed and Al are just too cute. (especially Al with his little pacifier)
magic_knight_of_space__spazio_kiss_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddgq1r5-fullview.jpg
Deviantart Link: Magic Knight of Space: Spazio Kiss
I'm a huge magical girl fan when it comes to anime, so a few years ago when I learned there was going to be a magical BOY anime I simply had to give it a chance out of morbid curiosity. Cute High Earth Defense Club: Love turned out to funny, as expected from parody, but I also found my self disappointed by how the first season ended because, in spite of being parody, the series had also introduced some legitimately interesting concepts that could have been further explored, only for things to end on a rather rushed and nonsensically silly note. The second season introduced a pair of protagonists that ended up winning me back and also ended on a more satisfying note, albeit following the same formula. I'm now on the third season, "Happy Kiss" which features an all-new generation of characters and Ichiro/Spazio Kiss has become one of my two favorites of them.

*Note: if you couldn't tell from context, Spazio is Italian for "Space", all of the Karurusu Knights use Italian in their names.

Last edited:
Weekly art batch!
the_12th_player_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddh6wrd-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: The 12th Player
Anyone else been watching Inazuma Eleven Ares before Pokemon on Disney XD's Anime Block? :ROFLMAO: I was skeptical of the series when the first commercials showed up, but when I realized it was based on a video game franchise the rediculous "Special Moves" made more sense (and, to be honest, the show kind of needs it because regular soccer would be boring). I've been enjoying the show much more than I expected (I'm actually rather impressed with some of the dubbing) but last week they introduced a character who is a tanuki (serving as a mascot for her team) that can transform into a girl and I didn't know what to do except draw her because she was so cute.
_redo___let_s_go_home___by_prettysoldierpetite_ddh6wrp-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: Let's go home
The first season of the Fruits Basket reboot also finished up recently so I wanted to take another crack at drawing one of the most iconic scenes from the series after my first YEARS ago.
season_4__by_prettysoldierpetite_ddh6wry-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: Season 4!
I'm not the only Hero Academia fan here, right? I'm still a couple of weeks early, but Season 4 hype!

Last edited:
Time for the weekly update!

I'm actually working on a bit of a special project right now. Coming up in November I'll be attending a new convention for the first time, Galaxy Con, and Chris Sabat is slated as one of the guests of honor so I'm working on a tribute piece for him to sign. I've done this a few times in the past with other guests (though it's been a while) and in the past, I would tediously transfer a copy of the finished art piece to a canvas and actually paint it. This time, however, I think I'm just going to keep it digital and print it on some nice photo-quality paper so that I can have an extra copy for him to keep if he would like.
the_prideful_prince_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddhpol1-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: The Prideful Prince
Good 'ol Vegeta. I'm assuming this is the role that put Chris Sabat on the map.
piccolo_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddhpol9-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: Piccolo
Sorry for the double-dose of Dragonball (I usually try to avoid doubling up like that in the same batch) but since Super finished its dub run on Toonami this week I figured it would be appropriate.
roronora_zoro__time_skip_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddhpolk-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: Roronora Zoro (Post Time-skip)
I'm personally not quite this far yet in One Piece, but I figured the current version would be more relevant at this point.

Last edited:
Weekly update time! Still continuing with my Chris Sabat tribute and just a heads up that next week there won't be any art because I will be attending Anime Fusion (not the con this piece needs to be done for, don't worry!)
major_armstrong_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddi7ck3-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: Major Armstrong
As a Fullmetal Alchemist fan, I couldn't leave Arstong out of a Chris Sabat tribute. I'll still have a bit more Fullmetal up my sleeves after this since I've also recently finished re-watching Brotherhood a while ago.
_____like_a_real_man____by_prettysoldierpetite_ddi7ck8-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: "...like a REAL man!"
I've been following Fairy Tail for some time now, so I'm including Elfman in the tribute as well.
the_number_one_hero_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddi7ckf-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: The Number-one Hero
I mentioned before that I'm a Hero Academia fan, so All Might is here!

Last edited:
Back to my usual Sunday art batch after the con last weekend!
kuwabara_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddj5ywu-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: Kuwabara
The last piece for my Chris Sabat tribute. It's also evidently an anniversary year for Yu Yu Hakusho, so there's been some new stuff floating about including a steelbook release for the series and an upcoming set of OVA's that will be dubbed by FUNimation.
stand_up_if_you_love_football__by_prettysoldierpetite_ddj5yxf-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: ''Stand up if you love Football!''
Inazuma Eleven Ares finished it's run a couple of weeks ago, so I went back to watch the original. Backward, I know, but I'm fairly certain the original never made it to the US. Kind of a shame, too, because this thing sounds like either a 90's dub or a fandub (even though it's evidently from '08 at the earliest); it would have made appreciating the dubbing on Ares even easier.
bnha_x_miraculous__hawk_moth_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddj5ywj-fullview.jpg
Deviantart Link: BNHA X Miraculous: Hawk Moth
Part of a crossover series I started a while back with My Hero Academia and Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir. The rest of the collection got a pretty good response and I got some encouragement to continue (as well as an excuse with a few more characters having been revealed) so I'm keeping on with it. Next up will be Mayura, but I may as well also take this opportunity to show off the rest of the collection
Marinette
bnha_x_miraculous__marinette_by_prettysoldierpetite_dd79nmx-pre.jpg
Adrien
bnha_x_miraculous__adrien_by_prettysoldierpetite_dd8x2tr-pre.jpg
Alya
bnha_x_miraculous__alya_by_prettysoldierpetite_dd9gk6m-pre.jpg
Chloe
bnha_x_miraculous__chloe_by_prettysoldierpetite_dd9ys2t-pre.jpg

Last edited:
Time again for my Sunday Art Batch! This one will be a little different since I didn't draw anything new this week, but instead colored some of my previous art pieces.
ddjn66z-1019bcb1-2c7b-47fe-a503-95613145ff6b.png
Deviantart Link: "Devil's Tune!"
Amulet Devil from Shugo Chara, the original sketch was done with last year's batch of Halloween-themed art.
ddjn67c-aa268601-1009-41a2-bcd7-922618924dec.png
Deviantart Link: Halloween Adventure
Hikari/Kari's Halloween costume from a special set of limited edition Pop-up Shop merchandise Digimon got some time ago. The original sketch was also done with last year's batch of Halloween-themed art.
ddjn686-229d9605-103e-4ce7-9231-7764abb1a268.png
Deviantart Link: Chris Sabat Tribute [WiP]
Sadly, this is still technically a Work-in-Progress because I realized MUCH too late that I totally forgot to finish Elfman and add him in.... to make matters worse, I also didn't bother saving the PSD, so I basically had to re-create the layout and such, but there will be an updated version after next weekend when I get to meet him and have it signed.

Last edited:
Art time again!
bnha_x_miraculous__mayura_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddkiw0b-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: BNHA X Miraculous: Mayura
The next and final piece in this crossover collection for a little while. We've met a few more Miraculous holders in Season 3 so far, but I want to wait until Netflix releases the second half of Season 3 to make sure I get all of them.
nami__stampede_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddkiw0l-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: Nami: Stampede
My friend and I saw the new One Piece movie when it was in theaters a while back and we loved it! It was an absolute treat to any fans of the series.
ash_s_galar_form_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddkiw0t-pre.jpg
Deviantart Link: Ash's Galar Form
In spite of my initial reluctance when we got our first pieces of information about the new Sword/Shield anime, I'm actually rather hyped for it now that more details have come to life. I actually also have some incentive to (for the first time) watch the series subtitled ahead of the dub. (Rast assured, though, I'll still support the official release and watch the dub through legal means when the time comes!)

Last edited:
Art time! I'm also going to be trying a slightly different, more direct formatting with this since it was suggested to me and went back and updated my previous posts. (I'm really sorry, NMLewis! I did see the thing with the spoiler tags in the rules thread, I just completely missed the option to link to a picture via link before and my original image files were too large to upload the traditional way!)
pack_your_shield__pack_your_sword_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddkzadh-pre.jpg
DeviantArt Link: Pack you Shield, Pack your Sword
Updated from last week's drawing of Ash's new look for the Galar region to include Gou as originally intended. Pikachu and Scrobunny (along with a bit of Gou's raised leg) were traced in. The two Pokemon had been omitted from my initial sketch as a time-saver, but then I wasn't happy with my attempt at finishing Gou's knee. (the dark color of his pants also made mapping difficult, in general)

polaris_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddkzadl-pre.jpg
DeviantArt Link: Polaris
I've been wanting to draw Eri since Season 4 began but I figured it would be best to wait for her to make her proper debut in the anime. The new opening song as grown on me, too, so this is two birds with one stone.

__chii_su____by_prettysoldierpetite_ddkzado-pre.jpg
DeviantArt Link: "Chii~su!"
I've been watching Ojamajo Doremi (Magical DoReMi in the short-lived and SEVERELY incomplete dub) for a while now since finally trackign down the series from the beginning subbed. I reached "Ojamajo Doremi: Dokkan!" earlier this week and after seeing Hana in her aged-up and apprentice forms I had to draw her.

Time for more art! I apologize for not saying anything sooner, but I didn't o any art last week due to Thanksgiving and Black Friday Weekend and me being a cashier, but I'm back on schedule now!

spirit_guide_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddlw4r8-pre.jpg
DeviantArt Link: Spirit Guide
Nicktoons Network has been showing marathons of The Legend of Korra on Fridays so I've finally been able to catch the better majority of the series by now and Jinora has become my favorite character.

1_2_3_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddlw4rj-pre.jpg
DeviantArt Link: 1.2.3
As I said before, I've been watching the Sword/Shield anime subbed ahead of the dub and the new opening song has already grown on me. I can't wait to get my hands on the single and I hope you guys here will keep me updated on when I can get it! (I just pray it's not a digital-only release or I may have to go through 3rd party means...)

eye_catch_koji_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddlw4rr-pre.jpg
DeviantArt Link: Eye-catch Koji
I've been kicking around an idea for a continuation to Digimon Frontier in the form of a series of fanfics for... YEARS now. I have some notes and a loose synopsis for each potential "episode", but I still haven't made any real progress which I'm pretty sure means I still have some work to do, but that's still not going to stop me from making "promo art". This particular set is derived from the commercial/eye-catch art and will feature the characters in their new school uniforms I designed along with their Double/Fusion Evolution forms, (so, Beowolfmon is going on that little "stand" eventually) which will be the focus of this new "season" (since I never liked that Takuya and Koji got not just one, but TWO levels up on everyone else...)

Whoops, I fell a bit behind sharing my art here. Last week I actually didn't do any art because of the Holidays, but here are the batches from the 22nd and yesterday.

raichu_libre_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddmqsfi-pre.jpg
DeviantArt Link: Raichu Libre

eye_catch_junpei_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddmqsfr-pre.jpg
DeviantArt Link: Eye-catch Junpei

_gift__cookie_guardian_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddmqsfz-pre.jpg
DeviantArt Link: Cookie Guardian
Alright, so a little background on this one. It was for a Holiday Gift Exchange hosted by an artist I follow on DA who had a great website of Sailor Moon fan-art back in the day. (it still exists, but is now merely an "ancient archive") They have since moved on to focus on their own original works, so this piece features one of their own characters from their "Three Guardians" series, Pragma. During the artist's days in the Sailor Moon fandom, they had a running gag of Chibi Chibi as a notorious cookie thief (said gag still comes up from time to time) and after having watched most of the Ojamajo Doremi series at this point I thought it would be funny if she teamed up with another sugar fiend, Hana.

gou_s_first_pokemon_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddnqjyr-pre.jpg
DeviantArt Link: Gou's First Pokemon

moonlight_nutcracker_suite_by_prettysoldierpetite_ddnqjz1-pre.jpg
DeviantArt Link: Moonlight Nutcracker Suite

__bud__blossom__bloom____by_prettysoldierpetite_ddnqjza-pre.jpg
DeviantArt Link: "Bud, Blossom, Bloom!"
Again, a bit of background: I got a request to draw Amu's friend Manami from the series Shugo Chara. Since she never got a proper Character Transformation I decided to have a little fun and try to design a purified version of her tainted Flower Dream transformation without changing the design too much since I ended up liking it for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom