• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Pinsir vs Heracross

Envoy

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
Pinsir vs Heracross

pinsir.png
VS
heracross.png

The second of the last two threads I'm going to make before I leave tomorrow. Originally, I wanted to make it a Scizor vs Heracross thing, as those were the two stand out Bug types of Generation II. But since Scizor is busy in his own vs thread against Scyther, I'll do this instead.

Pinsir and Heracross are two Bug types that don't have a direct, in-universe connection to one another but are still very much tied together. For a while before GSC hit the stores, Heracross was assumed to be an evolution of Pinsir. The reveal of Scizor as Scyther's evo just fueled the theory. Needless to say, lots of people were pissed when the rumor turned out false.

Still, even in the anime, they share a bond as Pinsir and Heracross were seen fighting for territory in a Johto episode.

The fact that they have the same BST and play very similarly to each other helps a lot too.

So, which do you prefer?

Which is more useful?

Who would win in a battle?

I'm going with Heracross here. Mostly because I've trained one (several, actually) and I've never been disappointed. I've never trained a Pinsir though. I also like Heracross' design more. It looks tough but playful. Pinsir just looks scary

Last edited:
So, which do you prefer?
Pinsir

Which is more useful?
Probably Heracross

Hm tough one...I'm going to say Heracross because he can hit Pinsir with Stone Edge super effective.

Which do I prefer?
Heracross- everything about the design is better, plus it can fly around, which Pinsir can not.
More Useful?
Err, Heracross definately, adds a fighting type that can fight off bug types, but it does earn a x4 weakness to flying in doing so. Still, its worth it.
Who would win?
Heracross again. Stone Edge would pwn him, and I think he can learn aerial ace too.

I like Pinsir more just because it looks much more badass then Heracross. Plus it learns Gulliotine. Anything that learns that will always be awesome.

I like Heracross way better.

It has the better typing and better design, IMO.

Honestly, I never liked Pinsir.

So, which do you prefer?: Heracross

Which is more useful?: Heracross (because of STAB Close Combat)

Who would win in a battle?: Heracross (its Stone Edge can severely dent Pinsir)

Never used Pinsir, nor have I ever wanted to. Scyther was the superior bug, so I never had a need to use Pinsir. Heracross I have used a few times and haven't been disappointed. I love Heracross's typing as well, Bug/Fighting and it has a massive attack stat to back it up.

Well, even though I like Pinsir over Heracross, the latter is unfortunately the stronger of the pair, thanks to its great movepool (Heracross gets Megahorn, Night Slash, Aerial Ace, Pursuit and Shadow Claw, compared to Pinsir's Stealth Rock, Quick Attack and Guillotine), great typing and obviously better bulky stats (Heracross is bulkier overall, thanks to low Special Attack making way to better stats). Anyway, even though Heracross had undisputedly trrumped Pinsir in many ways, Pinsir will still be my favourite of the two.

So, which do you prefer?

Heracross. Pinsir is fine, but...
Which is more useful?
Heracross
Heracross

Pinsir wins because of several reasons.

One swords dance + Giga impact + focus sash= victory.

Heracross has poor def.stats than pinsr.Also it does not have that 4X weakness against flying type unlike Heracross.And of course it knows moves as much as Heracross does.But it actually depends on the strategy part.

Last edited:
So, which do you prefer?
Heracross.
Which is more useful?
Heracross; can counter more Pokémon with fighting-type moves.
Heracross.

I prefer Heracross because of its weird typing and its face. Also it can defeat Pinsir in any battle.

I voted for Heracross because it used to be one of my team members in platinum. And I raised it up to level 50 in less than a day or two.

Heracross has a unique and interesting typing, a slightly better design, and a much better movepool.

So I guess Heracross.

So, which do you prefer?
Heracross. Better design and better typing.
Which is more useful?
Heracross, because it gets STAB from Fighting-type moves.
Heracross.

Poor Pinsir, it will always unfairly be compared to Heracross, who honestly is superior in every way aside from the x4 weakness. It's just ridiculous now that Pinsir doesn't get Megahorn, considering some of the pokemon that get it now (How are Pinsir's horns any different than Scolipedes or Sawsbuck) or the fact it's even a bug move.

Heracross of course.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom