• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Pinsir vs Heracross

Both are pretty cool, but Heracross is both better-designed and more useful in battle. Thus, Heracross wins.

So, which do you prefer? Heracross. It looks cooler too.

Which is more useful? Heracross. It's Fighting dual type sold it for me. 4x weakness to Flying? No big deal. High speed + Stone Edge.

Who would win in a battle? Probably Heracross, unless Pinsir uses that nasty Guillotine. Heracross has an excellent movepool, including Close Combat, Stone Edge, X-Scissor, Megahorn, and Brick Break.

So, Heracross wins for me. Though, I think both should get evos. That'd be awesome.

So, which do you prefer? Heracross. It looks cooler too.

Which is more useful? Heracross. It's Fighting dual type sold it for me. 4x weakness to Flying? No big deal. High speed + Stone Edge.

Who would win in a battle? Probably Heracross, unless Pinsir uses that nasty Guillotine. Heracross has an excellent movepool, including Close Combat, Stone Edge, X-Scissor, Megahorn, and Brick Break.

So, Heracross wins for me. Though, I think both should get evos. That'd be awesome.

Not sure about the necessity to give Heracross an evo. It's pretty strong as is imo, and with one it would be way overpowered competitively.

1. Heracross because its design is 20% cooler than Pinsir's.

2. Heracross again because of its neutrality from Stealth Rock. Plus, flying type moves are less common in the metagame, causing Fighting types to run amuck in OU w/ very few Psychic types in the fray.

3. Tough choice, both have the same attack and speed, but Heracross has access to Stone Edge (due to its Fighting typing), giving it the better edge.

Last edited:
So, which do you prefer?
I prefer Heracross, as it looks better in my opinion.

Which is more useful?
Heracross with it's ability Guts combined with a STAB Close Combat is why I think it's more useful. Also it has two great STAB options instead of only one Megahorn being the other.

Who would win in a battle?
Against each other Heracross would win hands down for two reasons...

1.It is part fighting and only takes neutral damage from Rock type moves, so it can deal a super effective hit to Pinsir with Stone Edge while Pinsir cannot.
2.It's ability Guts instantly increases it's attack by 50% under status being able to 1HKO Pinsir instantly with a Stone Edge.

Heracross, it looks cooler and has stronger STAB attacks. That being said, Mega Pinsir>>>>>Mega Heracross.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom