• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Closed Pip's Creative Corner

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Torchic's blog for stuff, formerly a place for edits and music stuff. Now I do everything here ^^

Original description: A place to post my edits/mashups/etc. I debated whether or not I should put this in The Art Gallery, but since this thread might involve musical stuff as well, I decided to put it in Bulbablogs (though if you're a mod and you think this should be in The Art Gallery, then by all means tell me).

Gonna start, as I did with my headcanons blog, with Steven. Specifically, a Spirit Phone album cover parody (because it's spooky season, and because I absolutely love that album). It's not a complete 1:1 replica, but I did my best to capture the essence of the original with a Pokémon twist.
Also please pardon my puns

Steven.png

Done in FireAlpaca
Official artwork of Steven and Torchic by Ken Sugimori
Move sprites from the Spriter's Resource, ripped by Neslug:

Last edited:
  • Staff
Untitled_Artwork 3.png

Vega Himesaki (姫咲ヴェガ)
Hometown: Slateport City, Hoenn
Occupation/Trainer Class: Pokémon Trainer
Type Specialty: None, though they tend to lean towards Fire types

Currently traveling the Galar region to take part in the Gym Challenge. Born to two important businesspeople, she lived a relatively sheltered life and began her journey to finally see the world for herself and gain some freedom.

Pokémon:
Lyra (Torchic) ♀
Hasty nature, Likes to run
Currently at Professor Birch's Lab

Tù (Scorbunny) ♂
Quirky nature, Alert to sounds

Last edited:
  • Staff
So wayyyyyy back in seventh grade, I had the idea of making a Fakemon region based on Spain. With the announcement of Pokémon Violet and Scarlet and the probability that they're based on Spain, I've decided to go back to that and look at my... "predictions" for a Spain region.

For the moment, I don't have the binder with all of the information, so this is all just stuff I remember:

• The region was named either Grandaza, Granada, or Grandeza. Don't remember which one.
  • There were two evil teams a la Ruby and Sapphire: One was a futuristic group about order, the other was a vigilante group all about chaos. Something something they needed the box Legendaries for their goals.
  • There was a Gym Leader based on Sensu Style Oricorio (for context, I already had a character for a separate region based on Baile Style Oricorio). Other Gym Leaders included archer character (either Fighting or Dark type Gym Leader), sibling duo of football players (Normal type), and others that I can't remember.
  • there was maybe a princess with a Gardevoir and a Gallade. Also a Diancie.
  • The purple violet box Legendary was a sewing needle witch. The red scarlet one was an edgy wolf.
  • Destiny Bond TM

• Staff
Been playing the Happy Home DLC in Animal Crossing. Good stuff.

For my “Wallace” save file, I’m trying to design places for Sootopolis City worldbuilding stuff. So far, I’ve got a club, a seaside café, a school that’s trying its best, and the one and only hospital. For the apparel shop, I was thinking of something modern and avant-garde, probably having a collection designed by Wallace :sneaky:

Yes I use Animal Crossing and Pokémon playthroughs for the purpose of world building in my fics why do you care—

Okay so I don't really follow the anime; I just watch the episodes with the characters I like. So you can imagine my delight when I found out Lisia and Wallace were gonna be in the anime. You can also imagine that I have been screenshooting every frame of the trailer with Wallace and Lisia. Now I will have at least five episodes of the anime to watch on repeat.
Oh also if Cynthia and Wallace team up for the climax of Journeys (whatever that looks like) a la Diantha and Steven in the XY anime I'll be tickled with the funny.

I'm going to make a post here and on Tumblr to keep track of ideas I had for fics that I'll get around to writing eventually (once schoolwork is done)

• FireGemShipping political marriage oneshot
  • Oneshots named after Spirit Phone songs
  • SynchronizedSwimmingShipping (Wallace x Nessa)
  • Filbert and Dulcie do a thing
  • Ferdinand the Quaxly goes to school
  • But How Will It Be sequel ft. Sonia, Raihan, and Nessa

And because I probably should also keep track of this, my reading list:

Things to catch up on:
  • the envy of eden
  • Luceat Lux Vestra
  • The Long Road
  • Hoenn Short Stories Collection: The Elite
  • Nori Carino: Official in Training
  • White Swan, Black Swan
Things to start:
  • Like a Drum
  • MACHINA EST AMOR
  • Look to Love, Always series
  • The Meaning of Power
  • Kingdom Hearts: The Antipode
  • Conquer the Night series
  • Mount Coronet
  • Black Heart, Bright Soul

Last edited:
Some thoughts on Cars:

• Why do they have rear view windows if their eyes are on the windshield?
  • Flo and Ramone’s colors aren’t similar enough to Wallace and Winona’s colors for any connection to make logical sense but it’s enough that I can’t get Car!Wallace and Winona out of my head
  • There’s a tractor tipping subplot in the first movie that I think is like cow tipping? Anyway my mind immediately went to the cow tipping scene in Heathers and then immediately after it went to Cars!Heathers.

More Cars thoughts:

• Do cars have cubical eyeballs?
  • What is the life cycle and average lifespan of a car?
  • The theological implications of a Car Pope.
  • The Mater ride in DCA has decorations including license plates saying “California”, Missouri”, and “Rollingstop”. If the United States and by extension the United States existed, were states renamed/borders redrawn? If not, why did the cars call it California when Carifordia was right there?
  • Did Henry Ford exist in the Cars world?

So I haven't been blogging much have I.

In fairness, I've been busy with other stuff (mostly writing+fankids. I've been falling down a fankids hole for the past few months, and I have three WIPs with deadlines.) I also don't know how to blog without a theme lol. Like with my headcanons and fankids blogs, there's a set theme, but here I mostly ramble about random stuff. I wouldn't be a good daily/weekly vlogger, and so I make my own schedule.

So... New Year, huh.

Uhhhh I don't want to make too many resolutions except, like, writing 400 words a day and actually keeping track of it daily. Also, I hope to get better at dealing with my anxiety. I... honestly made a lot of progress this year, all things considered, and I hope to continue that into 2023.

Also hopefully I'll finish all of the art for all of my current fankids

Happy New Year, y'all. thanks for helping make it a good one.

What I've Been Reading
So on another fanfic forum, there was a reading/reviewing event, and I... may have written 104 reviews/37,330 words and read 192 chapters. Fun times. Now here are my recommendations:

White Swan, Black Swan by @Sinderella
I should say right off the bat that this fic touches on some heavier topics, particularly sexual assault, toxic relationships, and drug dealing. But if you are able to handle the subject matter, I can't recommend it enough. It's a thrilling story that gives campy edge vibes that I LOVE. It's about two best friends, Noel and Odette, investigating deep into the Kalosian drug epidemic, finding out that things are certainly not what they seem...

26 Years by bluesidra
A story about family, identity, image, and trauma. But also about time travel. During the Darkest Day, Leon and Hanako are sent back 26 years to the Johto of the past. As they travel the region in search of answers, they also search through their own pasts and traumas. Oh also Morty is here and he's the best character ever. 10/10.

tarnishing by @kyeugh
Came for trans!Silver, stayed for some wonderful character interpretations and themes of trauma. It's an origin story for Silver that hits a lot of my buttons in terms of subject matter and themes. A highly emotional read with bite-sized chapters.

A Comprehensive Guide to Items in the World of Pokemon by @IFBench
Bench is such an inspiration to me in terms of worldbuilding. Their writing is charming and full of character, and it's clear they put a lot of thought into their worldbuilding. This little collection is focused on items, centering mostly on PMD items. The personal anecdotes from the POV character are super fun and add a lot of life to the fic.

Pretty Princess Party
I'm here to inform all of you that Pretty Princess Party is a game that exists and more people should be playing.

Developed by Nippon Columbia, it's a Switch game with the home design elements of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, the cute and colourful aesthetics of a magical girl anime or Disney Magical World, and a charm all its own. I've been having a lot of fun with it. Screenshots incoming.

Back
Top Bottom