• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Placeholder for Kyurem Forme in BW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow for us or tomorrow for them? The first means we'll see it by next morning, the second means we wait another day. Regardless, I highly doubt Nintendo would put that much fanfare behind a Pokemon game.

I may be recalling things incorrectly, but Pokemon usually handles their own fanfare. Nintendo usually doesn't do it personally.

I may be recalling things incorrectly, but Pokemon usually handles their own fanfare. Nintendo usually doesn't do it personally.
There have been exceptions to this. For instance, Satoru Iwata was the first person to announce that the Generation V games (whose titles were unknown at the time) were being developed for the DS and would be released in 2010.

Okay, I wasn't sure. It still isn't likely, though. I personally think this entire matter is being blown way out of proportion since the matter itself is rife with speculation. Masuda has never steered us wrong. We've been misled by our own expectations, but whenever he draws our attention to something, it is sure to be something. It may not be what we expect, but it's something. Whether this is related or not remains to be seen, though. I will not deny the coincidence, but that alone doesn't mean much.

Sounds to me it could either be another longtime revival of one of their old franchises or a new Mario title. The chances of it being a Pokemon game are slim because of Masuda's announcement for next week's Smash episode.

I agree. If Junichi Masuda has already teased that an announcement will be made on Sunday, I don't see Satoru Iwata announcing it first. If we hear of anything Pokémon related, the most I expect is Iwata teasing us more, instead of outright announcing it. I also disagree with the notion that the game will be for the Nintendo 3DS.

Besides, I haven't heard anything concrete about a game even being announced on Nintendo Direct; just that another Nintendo Direct session is happening.

If it is another Pokemon related game, then it will likely go like this:

Tomorrow - Announcement of yet another Pokemon spinoff title.
Saturday - Coverage of said Pokemon spinoff title.

As much as I want Kyurem forme, I'm not expecting it. Also, Pokemon Grey is likely going to be announced closer to the times that Emerald/Platinum were announced, that time being near June/May.

Just watched the Nintendo Direct streams. As I expected, there was nothing Pokémon related except for a new Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition trailer. During the subtitled European stream, they said that there is currently no plans for its release in Europe. However, as some Japan-only games (like Hatsune Miku) were skipped from the EU subbed stream, I imagine that there are plans, but not confirmed yet.

So yeah, nothing significant on Pokemon.

Sounds to me it could either be another longtime revival of one of their old franchises or a new Mario title. The chances of it being a Pokemon game are slim because of Masuda's announcement for next week's Smash episode.

Didn't he say a month or so ago that Nintendo was working on a side-scroller for the 3DS?

Didn't he say a month or so ago that Nintendo was working on a side-scroller for the 3DS?
Iwata did indeed say that.

However, this thread is to discuss the possibility of Kyurem receiving a new form, not about Nintendo's intellectual properties as a whole. So let's get back on topic everynyan!

The official website has been updated with a summary of Pokémon Smash's episode that will air March 4. It says that there will be a big news broadcast about the upcoming movie, so as predicted by some people, Masuda was most likely just foreshadowing the preview of the actual announcement (which is rumored to be Kyurem's Forme).

So this means we'll just get a teaser for next week's episode. The wait is killing me ^^

The official website has been updated with a summary of Pokémon Smash's episode that will air March 4. It says that there will be a big news broadcast about the upcoming movie, so as predicted by some people, Masuda was most likely just foreshadowing the preview of the actual announcement (which is rumored to be Kyurem's Forme).
So basically, what we're looking at this Sunday could be Masuda appearing during the last 10 minutes or so to show off a silhouette of the new form, then make some sly remark about how it might have something to do with an upcoming game, then backflip off the set? Or during the ending credits, a preview of Masuda appearing next week to show off the new forme, then do a backflip off the set?

Backflip? Thats too obvious, I'd say he simply moonwalks off the set. Another guy that I know of who trolls in a different franchise does the same.

In any case, thanks for the info Silktree. Just a few more weeks left, seems like March will be the reveal month of Kyurem.

Backflip? Thats too obvious, I'd say he simply moonwalks off the set. Another guy that I know of who trolls in a different franchise does the same.

In any case, thanks for the info Silktree. Just a few more weeks left, seems like March will be the reveal month of Kyurem.

Masuda moonwalking off the set, you say?

http://oi40.tinypic.com/17egp2.gif

Ah, '10. Good times, good times...

2ymd1yf.jpg

Could be real. If so, then Kyurem will have at least two formes.

Holy crap...two formes?! I wonder if they're related to his two signature moves that aren't yet available. I'm a bit skeptical, though...why would these two formes look so similar to Reshiram and Zekrom? Especially the forme that just looks like Reshiram with Kyurem's face. Ugh I really hope they aren't going with the "Kyurem is the byproduct of Reshiram/Zekrom split" theory.

And it looks like Meloetta is in this, too. Although it looks like she's just in the short feature before the main movie.

I kind of hope this isn't real.

Ugh I really hope they aren't going with the "Kyurem is the byproduct of Reshiram/Zekrom split" theory.

Seems likely that is all what Kyurem is at this point. The simple shell, like Shedinja, but not the Original Dragon itself.

They will likely change the stats around to accommodate the forme's basis: Physical in the Zekrom forme & Special in the Reshiram forme. Abilities will obviously be TurboBlaze/Terravolt, and ColdFlare/FreezeBolt as well as FusionFlare/FusionBolt.

Since the forme's need imo to separate themselves a bit from Reshiram/Zekrom, and they are really a fusion of Kyurem and the dragons, the forme BST should be higher than 680, at least 690 for the BST to reflect the fusion.

The forme you get will likely depend on the ingame choices that you make, the questions that are asked througout the BW games.

Thats enought theories from me lol

2ymd1yf.jpg

Could be real. If so, then Kyurem will have at least two formes.

Oh my gosh! This will prove Kyurem's true relationship with Reshiram and Zekrom, it looks like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom