• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Placeholder for Kyurem Forme in BW

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess if anything is a blob(or 2?) covering up a cardboard piece in which they'll tell us next week to watch to reveal what it is. And I'll bet its a new form to go with the movie trailer. Any game news should be in april.

Oddly enough, neither the description nor the preview of Pokémon Smash's next episode mention anything about an announcement, and the show tends to hype even the smallest things.

Could Masuda be alluding to the next episode containing a preview for a big announcement that is to be made in the following episode (4th March)? That would be just over a week before CoroCoro is released to divulge further information about the title, so maybe Pokemon Smash will be given the privilege of unveiling the new game (unless a HG/SS scenario happens with the news leaking onto the internet before the show airs).

EDIT: Mitchman's theory seems more plausible actually. It does seem a tad too early for the new title to be announced given past trends, so this news is probably more likely to be regarding the highly speculated new forme for Kyurem.

Could Masuda be alluding to the next episode containing a preview for a big announcement that is to be made in the following episode (4th March)?
That could be the case. While I am not expecting to see an announcement next week, I would personally find it lame if Masuda turned out to be foreshadowing the preview of an announcement that isn't even directly related to the games (for the time being). Sometimes I think it would be better if he didn't communicate with his fans at all (but I'll take that back if something surprising actually happens next week).

Communications with the fans is always good, only when it comes to Masuda and Pokemon things can get a bit...messy. Not to mention is there no listing for this episode, wouldn't it be listed in the cast that he's making a guess appearance?

Not to mention is there no listing for this episode, wouldn't it be listed in the cast that he's making a guess appearance?
The website doesn't have cast information. But he didn't say that he would make an appearance, anyway.

Oh my god is this man still running around causing trouble. I remember during my first stint on these forums, Masuda had a nasty habbit of over hyping things, and BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS turned out to be rather mundane stuff that we already knew from CoroCoro.

I've read the transcript and he doesn't actually say anything will be announced, people have just jumped to the logical conclusion that he was. Actually all he said was, I can advise you to watch it next sunday, could he just be telling us to watch the show, plugging it, rather than actually saying something new will be revealed.

Though this would be a good opportunity to reveal Kyurem's new form(directly or via silhouette) I have some doubts... This is Junichi Masuda making the statement. I remember what happened when he hyped up some huge reveal last year during... August or September was it? That just turned out to be an event Mewtwo rather than something big like Keldeo. This is one of the head honchos of Troll Freak; his word is not to be trusted.

Now if by some act of Arceus the announcement turns out to be Gray or the implication that it's coming, well... Then my predictions for this gen might have been blown out of the water. A February announcement was definitely not something I foresaw.

The only thing that confuses me on this matter is that Smash said nothing about it, and they'll hype anything. It just isn't adding up.

The only thing that confuses me on this matter is that Smash said nothing about it, and they'll hype anything. It just isn't adding up.
Its Masuda, troll king of the eastern gaming kingdom. Only competition he has is Ono, but lets face it after Mewtwo expectations better be damn low.
Not to mention is there no listing for this episode, wouldn't it be listed in the cast that he's making a guess appearance?
The website doesn't have cast information. But he didn't say that he would make an appearance, anyway.
He shows up for all game based reveals, no matter what. Its obvious he's gonna be there for it, when it happens.

The way he phrased sparks some questions: Is Pokemon Gray going to be the traditional third version as the true story, or is it going to be a direct sequel to BW, which will only anger those who enjoy strict formulas?

Well I say break the formula. They need to shake things up a bit.

Its obvious he's gonna be there for it, when it happens.
He wasn't there for the HGSS announcement. But I don't see why this matters one bit.

Ghetsis-Dennis said:
The way he phrased sparks some questions:
The fan phrased the question, so I'm afraid it doesn't mean much.

Is Pokemon Gray going to be the traditional third version as the true story, or is it going to be a direct sequel to BW, which will only anger those who enjoy strict formulas?
Really now? Some people wouldn't want Game Freak to avoid recycling content?

Really now? Some people wouldn't want Game Freak to avoid recycling content?

Yeah, because why fix something that's not broken for at least 15 years? Just look at the reception of the post-genesis Sonic games for example.

Yeah, because why fix something that's not broken for at least 15 years? Just look at the reception of the post-genesis Sonic games for example.
The third versions are not as popular as the brand new games, as evidenced by their sales which are more than doubled by those of the respective main versions. They may not be broken, but they are far from perfect. People mainly expect them because certain features are more or less deliberately removed from the main versions, but as long as those features ended up in a different kind of game (say a sequel), I doubt many people wouldn't welcome the change.

He wasn't there for HGSS only and IF only because he had Shokotan whoring it out thanks to that bloody Pichu. As for sequel in the story sense, I think he meant in the predecessor sense, as in it follows BW but in series alone.

The third versions are not as popular as the brand new games, as evidenced by their sales which are more than doubled by those of the respective main versions.

If third versions are sold less, then why do they still make them? I thought game companies will only make sequels/port sequels if the first games sold well as shown with Ace Attorney Investigations 2, which wasn't ported in the U.S. because the first game sold poorly.

I was always under the assumption that the 3rd game was most popular. I know 2 guys who only buy the 3rd version as its complete, they dont bother with incomplete games. In the UK I saw a lot more hype over Platinum than Diamond and Pearl

Yeah, Most people consider Crystal/Emerald/Platinum to be the best games of the series... The 3rd Versions are actually more popular then the paired versions (Platinum is definitly better then D/P which got a lot of flack for the craptaculer Regional Dex among other things) as for sales... They sell damn well... the paired versions will always sell more because well... their paired... the total sales is both of them combined...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom