• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Placeholder for Kyurem Forme in BW

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is very interesting. Specially since the case presented itself in Diamond & Pearl.

It says here Kyurem has one forme instead of two like Shaymin and Giratina; what does this mean?

It says here Kyurem has one forme instead of two like Shaymin and Giratina; what does this mean?

It's a mark that means it will get a forme in the future. According to the article, Shaymin and Giratina also had a "1" in DP. 0 just means no forms right now or in the future.

I want to know what Rotom was listed as, as it got several formes rather than just one. Also, RS should be hacked into to see what Deoxys is listed as; it already had two formes before getting a new one in Emerald.

Good job on finding it out you 3, very interesting indeed, and to think that this also happened on Giratina and Shaymin's new forme back in Diamond and Pearl, wow! This just gives more proof to a new forme of Kyurem. :)

Wait wait wait. You just now found something in the coding that we didn't notice in all the time we've known it? I can't say it isn't possible, but how is it that someone didn't notice it?

Pokebeach says it was "deep in the coding." Perhaps it was particularly difficult to pick out this line of code?

So it doesn't change anything but the sprite. That means it's still an Ice/Dragon. The two hidden Ice moves seemed to already indicate that, though.

Very interesting find. I love Kyurem, but I wish he was much better in combat, and a new forme could be just the ticket. Ice Pokemon need a good role model.

Very interesting find. I love Kyurem, but I wish he was much better in combat, and a new forme could be just the ticket. Ice Pokemon need a good role model.

But I don't want Kyurem to be Uber material. It's been 15 long years of waiting for an endgame legendary to be OU material for those who are anti-uber, and now that dream has come true. Besides, he's already good enough in combat.

But I don't want Kyurem to be Uber material. It's been 15 long years of waiting for an endgame legendary to be OU material for those who are anti-uber, and now that dream has come true. Besides, he's already good enough in combat.

The old forme will still be around. If the new forme is good enough for Ubers, the old one won't suddenly get banned in OU as well, unless it changes forme with Freeze Shock or Ice Burn, like Meloetta does with Relic Song.

A new form for Kyruem???

BRILLIANT!!!!

Gray/Grey proof, right here!!!!

Unless there is indisputable evidence there will be no third version, skeptics can go home now.

Well, this is something.

Right now though, it only seems to say that it will get a new form, and it will not be compatible with Black/White apparently.

They certainly had SOMETHING for it, even if only the two moves (which would've been quite lame). Though the design had this unmistakably "damaged" feeling, we just didn't know if it was because it WAS supposed to be like that, given its concept and nature, or if it hinted towards really another form.

And to be honest, I'm pretty cool with that. I was looking forward to see what were they going to do with it, as the concept of it being Wuji/Nothingness/Negative space between boundaries was really intriguing, yet only seemed like an informed ability as in-game it's just a weird thing from space that eats people. And I'm happy that they might actually make another design to emphatize this nature.

Though keep in mind, it is a placeholder. It could easilly be scrapped. Or they could even still do something completely different.

(Also a minor note. The article claims the data doesn't change for pokémon with a second value of 0, yet Arceus has it. On the other hand, Arceus is a very specific case.)

The 0 in arceus are about the STATS, not the formes.
I really want to see the direction of kyurem forme, could they go taiji full of energy?

Infinity: Well, It's not the first time the form change doesn't apply to older games. I believe Shaymin worked the same way, only having one forme on DP, and it'd still work there withoutt he forme.

So, if nothing else, the new forme allows us to get the new moves (Hopefully), then, as they exist in BW, we can move the Kyurem there, and it'll have those moves.

Pretty interesting... I hope it's true but the information provided seems solid. Would you mind if I reposted this? Credit will be provided of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom