• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Placeholder for Kyurem Forme in BW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I overlooked that, actually. But now that you mention it yes, it is safe to assume this alternate Kyurem would have access to these moves, which our current Kyurem could use as well.

I actually didn't know much about Diamond and Pearl in respect of these forms. I pressumed they existed and therefore would be compatible, but I see it's not the first time then. So yeah, that makes this all the more likely.

The 0 in arceus are about the STATS, not the formes.
And I was reffering to how they specifically mentioned that because of such, Kyurem would not get a new typing. Just an insignificant mistake on part of the editor. On the other hand, as I mentioned, Arceus' case is very specific and thus could probably handled by another function. So I could in fact still be wrong.

After Platinum's release, I was told by a certain hacker called SVC that Giratina, Shaymin and Rotom all had placeholder data for their Formes in Diamond and Pearl (not just Giratina and Shaymin as the article says). So I'd say this news is important for (apparently) narrowing down Gray's additions to just one Forme, rather than for lending more evidence to the Kyurem Forme theory.

^ Yup, just got it confirmed, Rotom has the same placeholder treatment in DP. Updated the news story (also, I didn't say that just Shaymin and Giratina had the placeholders - I just mentioned them specifically).

Another cheap trick to bring money into the money bin by making yet another third version with features that were even planned at the time of the original release but were purposefully left to wait. Of course people will first buy Black and/or White and then the third version because it is a marginally better rehash.

Oh joy.

*sigh*

Wow GameFreak, could you be any more unoriginal? Giratina got an alternate form, so they had to repeat that gimmick with Kyurem.

Meloetta's Pirouette form being programmed into BW while Kyurem's isn't confuses me; as GameFreak must have known that Kyurem's alt form would be released first. At least they're holding back on a console game though, so we'll most likely at least be allowed to use it there 9.9.

I'm a little surprised that Giratina and Shaymin already had alternate formes accounted for even before DP's release. IMO, their alternate formes always seemed like a bit of an arse-pull, especially in the case of the literal hedgehog turning into some weird...sky-dog-deer....thing. I'd always assumed the gamefreak folks thought to themselves 'shit, these guys aren't cool enough. Let's turn them into something more appealing for the next game.'

I heard about this on Smogon, except I didn't tell anyone about this because well, I am not so sure about this. Anyway, I am quite pleased to know that Kyurem will have an alternate form, and it's probably a good thing its stats are not listed yet, so I can make a guess. Its stats are noticably lower than Reshiram and Zekrom in regards to the total, so I can see Kyurem getting more of them in its new forme. I would love it if it has a slight increase in Speed, which at best would be at 105, so that Garchomp or slower will be beaten. I think the stats will be: 120 HP / 135 Atk / 95 Def / 135 SpAtk / 95 SpDef / 105 Speed. It is also possible if it will have Snow Warning as its ability, although I won't bank on that.

Thanks for reading.

Meh, I'd prefer a unique ability of it's very own like Reshiram and Zekrom get, but whatever.

Honestly, I think it's going to be a bit boring if Kyurem's the only one with a new form. Who didn't see it coming from a mile away?

If they only decent thing this does give us is more proof of a third game. I'm not fussed about Kyurem and never was. We all knew it'd end up with another forme what with it being tipped as the star for a third game so it's not that surprising to see it happen.

I just hope it's a forme that will make Kyurem look super cool now.

I'm not fussed about Kyurem and never was. We all knew it'd end up with another forme what with it being tipped as the star for a third game so it's not that surprising to see it happen.

Uh.

Yellow - No alternate form
Crystal - No alternate form
Emerald - No alternate form
Platinum - Alternate form

I wouldn't say that because 1 of the 4 third games has a Pokemon with another form it means that it's completely obvious Kyurem would have one.

I'm not fussed about Kyurem and never was. We all knew it'd end up with another forme what with it being tipped as the star for a third game so it's not that surprising to see it happen.

Uh.

Yellow - No alternate form
Crystal - No alternate form
Emerald - Alternate form
Platinum - Alternate form

I wouldn't say that because 1 of the 4 third games has a Pokemon with another form it means that it's completely obvious Kyurem would have one.

Deoxys counts, to me he was the bringer of the formes

Deoxys counts, to me he was the bringer of the formes

Haha I like that, "Bringer of the Formes".

But Demelza's point was because Kyurem is expected to be the mascot of the third game, it's expected to have another form, and that just isn't true. Deoxys isn't the mascot of Emerald, Rayquaza is. If you're going to go with "because the last two generations have had form changes in legendaries, at least one legendary will have a form change in B/W", I would agree, but then I would stipulate that we already know Meloetta is going to have a form change, as well as a (slight) form change with Genesect. Because of these two already being there, while I wouldn't say a Kyurem alternate form is surprising, I also wouldn't say it's just automatically expected as a matter of course.

But still it was obvious that Kyu would be a new forme... not only does it look incomplete there are two extremly powerful Ice moves that nobody can learn one burns and one paralyzes We basicly have proof that Kyurem will definitly have a new form possibly 2 and I say the God Stone will trigger it like the Gricios Orb (Did people find that in the D/P coding?)

But still it was obvious that Kyu would be a new forme... not only does it look incomplete there are two extremly powerful Ice moves that nobody can learn one burns and one paralyzes We basicly have proof that Kyurem will definitly have a new form possibly 2 and I say the God Stone will trigger it like the Gricios Orb (Did people find that in the D/P coding?)

I always wondered about the "looks incomplete" because I never personally saw it.

Victini had V-Create which wasn't released when B/W came out, and Searing Shot which is hasn't learned at all ever. Yet we don't assume Victini is going to have an alternate form. I'm also fairly certain there are unused items in the code in previous games, but I'm not sure exactly which ones there are so I can't give you an obvious example haha.

Once again, I'm not saying that it's a surprise to anyone that Kyurem is getting another form. I'm just saying that although some people expected it, it wasn't logical to expect it because the facts didn't point to it.

I always wondered about the "looks incomplete" because I never personally saw it.

Victini had V-Create which wasn't released when B/W came out, and Searing Shot which is hasn't learned at all ever. Yet we don't assume Victini is going to have an alternate form. I'm also fairly certain there are unused items in the code in previous games, but I'm not sure exactly which ones there are so I can't give you an obvious example haha.

Once again, I'm not saying that it's a surprise to anyone that Kyurem is getting another form. I'm just saying that although some people expected it, it wasn't logical to expect it because the facts didn't point to it.

Well now it's basicly confirmed though... Rotom, Shaymin and Giratina also had the place-holder of 1 in D/P... I think his new form will be based on the concept of Taiji... The oppisate of Wuji. The combination of Light and Dark, Good and Evil ect..

Well now it's basicly confirmed though... Rotom, Shaymin and Giratina also had the place-holder of 1 in D/P... I think his new form will be based on the concept of Taiji... The oppisate of Wuji. The combination of Light and Dark, Good and Evil ect..

Yeah I agree that it's pretty much a done deal with this evidence haha.

I wonder if it'll be bipedal like the other two mascots.

That may be the direction they are taking Kyurem, makes sense if you look at it. I wonder how it will look? I personally would like to see it be bipedal like Reshiram and Zekrom. I remember looking at it next to those two and being disappointed that it wasnt as epic looking as them.

That may be the direction they are taking Kyurem, makes sense if you look at it. I wonder how it will look? I personally would like to see it be bipedal like Reshiram and Zekrom. I remember looking at it next to those two and being disappointed that it wasnt as epic looking as them.

Isn't he already bipedal though? Well I guess his incomplete form would be less impressive then his complete forme... Did anyone doubt he'd be the 3rd Version mascot? But I wonder if the new form will get to Uber? Ice-Burn and Freeze-Bolt are ridicously powerful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom