• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Plainhiveshipping (Bugsy x Whitney)

Teebs96

CEO of Plainhiveshipping
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. It/Its
who up

plaining their hives

OKAY no but seriously. I love these two together so much. They inspire me. They get me through my rough days. They make my good days even better. Together they are my muse and a reason why Pokémon is such a huge part of my life, for the better. I've gotten more than a few people to share my vision, a fact I'm honestly really proud of, and if you're a fan of them too, then thank you!

I have a lot of drabbles of them but I was unsure if I should post them on their own thread in the writers forum or if I should just post them here. Not really sure about how all of that would work.

YAY YAY plainhive!! you've seriously keyed me into the vision for this one to the point where i'd probably say it's genuinely my 2nd favorite johto ship, and as comically long as my pkmn shipping list is it's on there

i had never thought of them together before seeing you ship them but they're super cute !! i can def see it

i think you should post your drabbles! maybe in the writers forum since that is specifically for writing, and you can link them back here?

i had never thought of them together before seeing you ship them but they're super cute !! i can def see it

i think you should post your drabbles! maybe in the writers forum since that is specifically for writing, and you can link them back here?
"Link them back here"

You are so smart and I'm so silly. I completely forgot I can just do that. Okay okay sometime tonight/today I will be posting those drabbles for more people to see!

hmm perhaps i could post art here from other people that i've been gifted/commissioning? I'm not sure if that's against the rules somehow tho. uhhh. maybe next post I'll do that

Eeee thank you everyone for your comments! Alright alright I'll post art. :notworthy:

This one was by Saigoro/@howlong0522. They've drawn Whitney and Bugsy independently before, so I was like "okay now draw them together this time"!
dg8quk5-0708a44e-a3cb-4173-97d6-8a81a5d4f6af.jpg

this one is by manzapplesss on Twitter. This particular piece means a lot to me; I credit this piece for singlehandedly getting me REALLY back into this ship.
pns4oy.jpg

And last one for now, this one is my pfp! by @shake_shark3 on twitter dot com. I like the idea of her just running up and hugging him from behind <3
jiyi5f.jpg

I said this to someone on discord, but I really like contextualizing the ship as someone who has had intense zest for life, and passion, but no good place to put it (Whitney) and someone who has a clear-cut goal in mind and method but felt rather solitary and lonely (Bugsy) and I think they really do complete one another.

I think Bugsy lives in a super traditional Japanese home. Like with canvas walls and a tile roof. Whitney lives in a much more modern place in Goldenrod, I think.

It doesn't come up too much but I do think they do have this well-to-do city girl/humble nature boy dynamic.

I didn’t know this ship existed until tonight, but I’m impressed. Very nice fan art! chef’s kiss You have a new fan.

This pairing makes me think of the japanese song "Tentomushi no Samba" :)

THIS SONG IS SO CUTE HELLO?????
going right into the Plainhive playlist. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention!!!!

what the heck i've never really thought about this ship!!! it's so cuute! im definitely on board with it now lol
GOOD! I'm so happy to have others see what I see in the ship <3

I see these two as a couple who knew each other as kids, then ironically chose the same career path when they grew up. I guess I see most gym leaders as growing up in the respective towns they run their gym in. If that's true for Whitney and Bugsy, then I could imagine them meeting when they were younger; maybe during an outing to Ilex Forest or a shopping trip to Goldenrod City.

Back
Top Bottom