• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Platinum DLC/update for 2023?

RC821

Reaction score
I do noticed that 2023 is the 15th anniversary of Pokémon Platinum, this makes me wonder if they are going to release the Platinum DLC/update next year?

I think there's an outside chance of that happening, but it's not super likely. They already referenced Platinum about as much as they seem to want to with the Platinum Dex Pokemon being in the Hideaways and the nod towards the Distortion World in Turnback Cave. Additionally, I think that because ILCA is less experienced with full games they might not want to double down with DLC. I think it's Legends Arceus, not BDSP, that's likely to get DLC.

Wow, I totally missed the "2023" part. Yeah, it's either happening this year or not at all. The series will have moved on to the next game by 2023.

2023 is a bit of a stretch, as both of SwSh's DLC were released within a year of the games' release. We know BDSP have unreleased features, although I suspect they're unlikely to be patched in soon (or ever). An update adding new content, especially easier trading, a traditional Shiny Charm, and maybe Pokémon introduced in BW onwards that are not in SwSh or PLA, would turn upgrade the games from "redundant imports" to "remakes".

If anything, PLA is more likely to get DLC.

Yep, PLA has a lot more potential in terms of new material, and it needs to stay relevant until next year if there's no other core series game this year (there shouldn't be).

BDSP have already served their purpose. A new Stadium game is more likely than the Battle Frontier at this point.

It's been 13 years since we've had a Battle Frontier. Pokemon fans need to let the white whale go. It's not coming back.

Never say never, I mean we got a Pokemon Snap sequel after 22 years. I don't think now is the time for the Battle Frontier to come back, but I also don't think it's never coming back ever.

As much as I would like for something like that to happen, as far as I am concerned the brief era of BDSP has concluded. They did what they wanted to do with it and are now reaping money left and right from sales. The only thing I can see them doing is the event for Darkrai to follow after Shaymin, but that would largely be it as far as new content outside of small QoL changes. With Legends having just released and an entire new Legends-based Generation months away, those two (particularly the latter) will most likely be the focus.

It's starting to give credence to my theory that this game was just thrown out there to avoid people asking why they are doing a Gen 4 prequel but also not a remake of Gen 4, and also as insurance in case Legends Arceus would less than ideally (sold well anyway).

As much as I would like for something like that to happen, as far as I am concerned the brief era of BDSP has concluded. They did what they wanted to do with it and are now reaping money left and right from sales. The only thing I can see them doing is the event for Darkrai to follow after Shaymin, but that would largely be it as far as new content outside of small QoL changes. With Legends having just released and an entire new Legends-based Generation months away, those two (particularly the latter) will most likely be the focus.

Legends? Legends honestly feels thrown out there as well. They only gave it a month before they announced the next game and it seems to be heavily based off Legends' gameplay, Legends feels done too. SV is stealing focus from both games, not just BDSP.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom