• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Platinum GTS Bug Thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faye Scarlet

total eclipse of the heart
Reaction score
Not quite sure if this qualifies as a bug or a glitch or whatever, and wasn't sure where to put this...

Let me be straight to the point. D: When I go onto the GTS in my Platinum game, I often find a Pokemon I'm searching for, who's asking for a Pokemon I can give them. Getting all happy about this, I go shift through my boxes to find the Pokemon they want...only to discover that I can't give it to them. D:

Let me give you an example, right here live from my DS in Pokemon Platinum.

I seek a Celebi, right? (I'm aiming for a living Pokedex, so I need him, legit or not. OTL) There wasn't many choices, but by sheer chance, there was someone offering a Celebi at Lv. 50, and all they wanted in return was a Drifblim. I had a Drifblim, and could breed for another, so I go find my Drifblim...only to discover I can't make the trade.

My Drifblim doesn't show up highlighted and ready for trade. My sister noticed that on my GTS screens, I can only see the gender and Pokemon a person is seeking for a trade. Like the person offering a Celebi was just asking for a Drifblim as far as I was concerned. But my sister checks her GTS too, and it appears that she sees all the works, such as the Pokemon being seek for trading, the gender if any, as well as level.

She plays Pokemon Pearl, while I play Pokemon Platinum. Has this ever happened to other Platinum players, or other players on the GTS for that matter? Because it is seriously maddening to have a Pokemon I want and can fairly trade for so close, yet so goshdarn far away. I've made test trades, and so far I've been able to make the trade twice...

Please help me out here! OTL

Platinum GTS doesn't show what levels are being asked for. The only way to check the levels is to use Diamond or Pearl.

Ohh...I didn't know that. That sucks. That means the reason I can't trade the Pokemon is because I don't meet their level requirements then... augh, how frustrating! Why did that have to happen in Platinum?

Platinum GTS doesn't show what levels are being asked for. The only way to check the levels is to use Diamond or Pearl.

Correction: USA Platinum does not show levels. European version does. Don't know about Japanese version.

I guess it's a fair trade since European Pt has the dummied out Game Corner. :p

that also happened to my friend with a shiny dialga and a pikachu...

w00t! one way that diamond owns!

Please research your questions before asking them. Also, next time uSe simple questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom