• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Platinum (J) for Platinum (E)

Amethyst Dream

Tränken. Träumend.
Reaction score
Hiya, everybody. I realize this is a rather unusual request- and quite frankly I'll be surprised if there are any takers. However, to cut straight to the point-

Is there anyone here who has a Japanese version of Platinum, who would be willing to trade it for my English version that I'll be getting next week?

Here's why:
I pre-ordered Platinum several months ago- doubtlessly among many others on this site- and since then have begun learning Japanese through maximum immersion, a technique described and advertised by a site called AllJapaneseAllTheTime.
The idea is to do everything recreational in Japanese, and that way one naturally picks up the language- as kids do in their native environments.
Well, I think Pokemon would be a great supplement to this, and after starting this, I would feel guilty about playing it English. So I'd much rather get a Japanese version. Like I said though, I've already bought the English one.
Perhaps there's someone here who bought the Japanese version of Platinum to get it early, even though they can't understand anything? Or something like that- I don't know.

But if anyone is interested, please reply and let me know, and we'll work something out.
Or if anyone has other suggestions of where I might ask?

Thanks. And I apologize if this isn't the best place for this topic....

You know, you could pirate it. It's not too hard, and it should work well.

Thirty five, I believe. Which is probably less than an import costs, and then plus the shipping- I realize.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom