• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Platinum Never Tarnishes

Leafy Feathers

Reaction score
(Warning: This story contains mature subject matter and themes.)
Chapter No. 1 "The Beginning"

The invincible champion of the Sinnoh region, Dawn is having her four year long position challenged by a skilled Pokemon trainer. Dawn has six Pokemon left in her party and the other trainer has two.
“Mommy! I changed the channel and I don’t remember which one Daddy’s on!” shouts an excited six year old.
“I’m coming!” Her mother rushes to the television and changes the channel back.
“Thank you!” She continues watching the battle with her mother.
The announcer yells over the live feed, “Giratina avoided that Blizzard like it was nothing! Here comes the Shadow Claw and… OH! Abomasnow goes down!”
Mommy says, “Your father can make even the most one sided battles entertaining with his commentary.”
The little girl replies, “This battle is cool. The Pokemon are doing all kinds of crazy moves.”
The announcer shouts, “What Pokemon will the trainer take out next?!” A Blaziken with his flames bursting out of his wrists comes out with a mighty cry. “It’s a Blaziken! What kind of ferocious fiery attacks does this flaming fiend have in store?!” The trainer lifts his wrist and reveals a bracelet and touches the stone attached to it. A glow coming from Blaziken’s chest consumes its whole body. “Could this be dynamaxing?! A Z-move?!” A ball forms around the glow then bursts revealing Mega Blaziken. “Mega evolution! What will the trainer do with this increase in power?”
Mega Blaziken uses Flare Blitz on the withered Giratina too fast for it to avoid. “Giratina goes down after a great fight of five knockouts!”
The little girl says, “Wow! What an awesome Pokemon! I wanna train a Pokemon as strong as that one!”
Mommy replies, “Wait for your twelfth birthday, and maybe I’ll let you get a starter Pokemon.”
“I can’t wait!”
Mega Blaziken recoils in pain while Dawn switches out to her second Pokemon. “The champion takes out her Togekiss!” Togekiss quickly goes from cute to intimidating; glowing to charge up for a Sky Attack. “Can Mega Blaziken defeat Togekiss before it finishes charging up its attack?” The towering giant of flames uses another Flare Blitz and falls to the ground. He tries to get back up, but is stopped by the Sky Attack. “Mega Blaziken is down! Dawn remains the number one Pokemon trainer in Sinnoh!”
“I’m going to beat her with all of my super strong and super duper cute Pokemon! Candy will be the best trainer!” The little girl shouts.
Six years later in Jubilife City. It is May the fourth and five in the morning. Candy Mear Spint turns twelve years old today. She walks out of her bedroom wearing a pink t-shirt with a white pecha berry design on the back and breast pocket, a blue mini-skirt, white knee-high socks, and a red bow holding up her long, green, wavy hair. She quickly tip-toes down the stairs without being heard. She puts her sneakers on by the door and walks out. Candy closes the door behind her and thinks to herself, (This is going to be so awesome!)
1586564427734.png

Candy runs through the sleeping city in the darkness of early morning. (The Piplup I’m going to get from professor Rowan is going to be so cute! I’m gonna name it Puddle and-) Candy trips down the stairs to Route 202. “Ouch!” She lands on a sleeping Bidoof which starts to cry. “Oh no! I’m so sorry, Bidoof!” The cry alerts all of the Bidoof on Route 202 and they all run towards her. “Someone help me!” She runs as fast as possible away from the Bidoof stampede.
“Trappinch, did you hear something?” Says a mysterious voice from a tree.
“Probably just some wild Pokemon. Go back to sleep, the drone we have to catch comes by at six. ” Replies another voice from the same tree.
Candy runs as fast as she can to the Pokemon lab in Sandgem Town, but bumps into a kid around her age. “Sorry!” She says as she gets up.
“What are you doing out so early in the morning?!” the kid asks as he gets up.
“Well, what are you-”
BIDOOOOOF!!! Seemingly trillions of bidoofs are ready to crash on them like a brown, fuzzy tsunami of death. Candy and the other kid are paralyzed with fear. A Turtwig jumps up from behind the kid and slams a mighty Seed Bomb in front of the Bidoof; scaring them away.
“Great job, Turtwig!” The kid praises.
“Is that your Pokemon?” Candy asks.
“Well um, not exactly. He’s the lab’s Pokemon; I just like taking him out to train. I’m Rowan’s lab assistant”
“Why don’t you just ask Rowan if you can keep him?”
“I’m too nervous.”
“What if he evolves while you're training him?”
“I’ve taught him how to stop evolving at will. If he wants to, he could evolve on the spot right now.”
“Interesting. Well, my name is Candy.”
“Nice to meet you Candy, my name is Cody.”
“Is the lab open yet? I want to get my starter Pokemon.”
Cody checks his Poketch, “It’s five thirty now, I guess it’s okay to open up.” Cody opens the locked lab door with his key and lets Candy in. “The lights are automatic, so they should come on when you step in.” The lab fills with light; hurting their eyes for a moment.
Professor Rowan wakes up off of the PC he was sleeping on, “Huh? What’s going on?”
Cody goes to Rowan and says, “There’s a girl looking for a new starter Pokemon, sir.”
“I shouldn’t have stayed up all night writing that thesis.” Rowan looks down by Cody’s legs and sees Turtwig, “Were you playing with Turtwig again?”
“What do you mean by ‘again’?”
“I’ve seen you take its Pokeball some nights before your shift was over.”
“Oh.”
“If you wanted to keep him you could’ve just asked.”
“Really?! Thank you so much professor!” Cody and Turtwig hug Rowan.
“Where’s that girl you were talking about?”
Candy shouts, “I’m right here, sir!”
He lets out a yawn then asks, “Do you already know what Pokemon you want, young lady?”
“Yes. I want a Piplup.”
“Cody, can you please get out one of the Piplups?”
“Yes, sir.” Cody gets one of the Piplup balls and releases it. The Piplup is still sleeping when it comes out.
“It’s so adorable!” Candy picks up Piplup, “Hey cutie, you’re mine now!”
enterpuddle1.jpg

Piplup nips her nose and wiggles out of her arms. “Ow!”
Cody returns it to the Pokeball, “I guess she didn’t like that rude awakening.”
“Oh, she’s a girl Piplup.”
Rowan asks, “What would you like to name her?”
“I like the name Puddle.”
“That’s a fine name for a Piplup. I’ll make you and Cody official trainer IDs right away!”
“Thank you so much!”
They both get their IDs and Candy is handed the Pokeball containing Puddle.
Rowan says, “Cody, you’re one of my most trusted lab assistants and there is a special job I would like you to do. It has been over ten years since the Sinnoh Dex has been fully updated; I want you to use this new Pokedex and scan as many different kinds of Pokemon in all the areas of the Sinnoh region you can. Some Pokemon may have changed habitats and I want you to investigate. Can you do this job for me?”
“Yes I can, sir!”
“Here take this new Pokedex.” Cody received the new Pokedex, “If you open it up you should see a depression where you can place shrunken Pokeballs. You can teleport Pokemon you catch to the PC with that. It also functions as a GPS.”
“This thing is really cool!”
codysdex1.jpg

“You two should also have some Pokeballs for your journeys.” Rowan hands Candy and Cody five shrunken Pokeballs each; they both thank him. Candy puts one in her breast pocket for convenience. “Be safe out there, goodbye!” They both say their farewells.
Candy and Cody walk outside. Cody asks, “What do you want to do with your Piplup?”
Candy proudly answers, “I’m going to challenge the Sinnoh League!”
“Do you know where the closest gym is?”
“Somewhere south? . . . Can I please travel with you? I don’t even know how to use a compass!”
“Sure, why not. Going through the Sinnoh league would take me through most of the region.”
“Thank you so much!” She hugs him and Cody blushes.
“I-I need to tell my parents I’m leaving before we go.”
“Oh okay.” Cody goes into his house and Candy waits outside.
Cody exits his house with a gargantuan camping backpack, “My dad was a Pokemon trainer and he wanted to make sure I’m prepared for anything.”
Candy chuckles a bit at the silly backpack, “Cody, can I please put my empty balls in your backpack? It’s hard to handle five in two hands.”
“Sure.”
Candy hands him four empty Pokeballs, “Okay, let’s go!” The sun begins to rise as they head out on their Pokemon journey.

Last edited:
All right, welcome and let's get to it! Also before the mods poke you you may wanna add a rating here.

C1
- I see Dawn has become Tobias. Like damn. Not even challenged by a challenger. Just 5-1s the guy relying on one Pokemon. Given that and the title of this fic, it already does not bode well for our heroine!
- Like the concept of exploring an announcer father, brief as it is. Or rather isn't explored. It's a real cool concept I haven't seen done before!
- Well Dynamax only works in power spots so that can't have been it.
- Like her calling herself in the third person. Tiny touch.
- tip-toes down stairs <- Not the stairs? It probably should be 'the' stairs rather than just stairs.
- Putting thoughts in parenthesis is kind of awkward.
- Could have gone into far more detail on the Bidoof bit. It happens in the span of a few sentences so much that it's unclear what's happening. Like not even in the sudden gutpunch sense, in the confusing sense.
- I assume that 'Trappinch' is an intentional misspelling given that it replied. Also 'says' is capitalized when it shouldn't be.
- The whole exaggeration with the Bidoof and calling them a fuzzy brown tsunami of death makes it come across with gag-like hilarity. Dunno if that was your intent.
- So uh what was the deal with Trappinch and the other person? Why were they so jaded at a Bidoof tsunami?
- “I shouldn’t have stayed up all night writing that thesis.” <- Yeah I get the feel this fic is supposed to have a comedic tone.
- Well that problem with the kid and Turtwig just resolves itself on its own after being brought up. Makes it hard to care.
- Strangely I like how the starter getting scene flows. The art is adorably goofy too.
- In regards to rushing. Nice to see IDs being mentioned needing to be made. Then they're just there.
- Do like the concept of needing to check on and update the Pokedex since it's been a decade
- Somewhere South?... <- Compass directions don't get capitalizing. Also the elipsis should have a space before it and be linked to the sentence after.
- Wow this girl. How do you not even know how to use a compass?!
- The bit with Cody saying he had to tell his parents was a bit confusing. Since you're jumping between things so fast and Candy didn't tell hers and snuck out, it made me think it was her talking there.
- Also we don't even see his parents!

Okay, so we got a typical journeyfic here. With typical journeyfic pitfalls like rushing way too fast and getting out of the town in the first chapter without good reason to. Nothing wrong with slowing down and exploring detail. Like you have some neat ideas here between investigating how habitats have changed and announcer dad. They just don't get room to breathe or be explored because, yeah, going fast. It hasn't been much of a dealbreaker for me, just note that it is for some people. Now that we're already out with the starter though, let see where it goes moving forward.

Also, the art/illustrations though is a col idea. Like your simplistic animeish style you got going on with it. So, good uniqueish thing about this fic.

-How do I rate things? I can’t figure it out.
-Thanks for pointing out the typos.
-The dialogue between the two people in the tree is foreshadowing for what’s going to happen in chapter two.
-The fuzzy brown tsunami was meant to be a gag

-How do I rate things? I can’t figure it out.

All the rules for Ratings are in this thread.. Select which rating (EVERYONE, TEEN, or MATURE) applies to your story - you should be able to edit the first post of your thread to add it in the thread title. You may well need to add Content Warnings as well - it's all explained in the thread.

Any problems, PM a moderator

All the rules for Ratings are in this thread.. Select which rating (EVERYONE, TEEN, or MATURE) applies to your story - you should be able to edit the first post of your thread to add it in the thread title. You may well need to add Content Warnings as well - it's all explained in the thread.

Any problems, PM a moderator
Thanks, I couldn't find it because I was trying to do it on my phone earlier.

@Leafy Feathers for TEEN rated fics you still need to include a content warning, as per the rules thread. Could you please add that to the top of the thread when you can?

(Warning: This story contains mature subject matter and themes.)
Chapter No. 1 "The Beginning"

The invincible champion of the Sinnoh region, Dawn is having her four year long position challenged by a skilled Pokemon trainer. Dawn has six Pokemon left in her party and the other trainer has two.
“Mommy! I changed the channel and I don’t remember which one Daddy’s on!” shouts an excited six year old.
“I’m coming!” Her mother rushes to the television and changes the channel back.
“Thank you!” She continues watching the battle with her mother.
The announcer yells over the live feed, “Giratina avoided that Blizzard like it was nothing! Here comes the Shadow Claw and… OH! Abomasnow goes down!”
Mommy says, “Your father can make even the most one sided battles entertaining with his commentary.”
The little girl replies, “This battle is cool. The Pokemon are doing all kinds of crazy moves.”
The announcer shouts, “What Pokemon will the trainer take out next?!” A Blaziken with his flames bursting out of his wrists comes out with a mighty cry. “It’s a Blaziken! What kind of ferocious fiery attacks does this flaming fiend have in store?!” The trainer lifts his wrist and reveals a bracelet and touches the stone attached to it. A glow coming from Blaziken’s chest consumes its whole body. “Could this be dynamaxing?! A Z-move?!” A ball forms around the glow then bursts revealing Mega Blaziken. “Mega evolution! What will the trainer do with this increase in power?”
Mega Blaziken uses Flare Blitz on the withered Giratina too fast for it to avoid. “Giratina goes down after a great fight of five knockouts!”
The little girl says, “Wow! What an awesome Pokemon! I wanna train a Pokemon as strong as that one!”
Mommy replies, “Wait for your twelfth birthday, and maybe I’ll let you get a starter Pokemon.”
“I can’t wait!”
Mega Blaziken recoils in pain while Dawn switches out to her second Pokemon. “The champion takes out her Togekiss!” Togekiss quickly goes from cute to intimidating; glowing to charge up for a Sky Attack. “Can Mega Blaziken defeat Togekiss before it finishes charging up its attack?” The towering giant of flames uses another Flare Blitz and falls to the ground. He tries to get back up, but is stopped by the Sky Attack. “Mega Blaziken is down! Dawn remains the number one Pokemon trainer in Sinnoh!”
“I’m going to beat her with all of my super strong and super duper cute Pokemon! Candy will be the best trainer!” The little girl shouts.
Six years later in Jubilife City. It is May the fourth and five in the morning. Candy Mear Spint turns twelve years old today. She walks out of her bedroom wearing a pink t-shirt with a white pecha berry design on the back and breast pocket, a blue mini-skirt, white knee-high socks, and a red bow holding up her long, green, wavy hair. She quickly tip-toes down the stairs without being heard. She puts her sneakers on by the door and walks out. Candy closes the door behind her and thinks to herself, (This is going to be so awesome!)View attachment 132205
Candy runs through the sleeping city in the darkness of early morning. (The Piplup I’m going to get from professor Rowan is going to be so cute! I’m gonna name it Puddle and-) Candy trips down the stairs to Route 202. “Ouch!” She lands on a sleeping Bidoof which starts to cry. “Oh no! I’m so sorry, Bidoof!” The cry alerts all of the Bidoof on Route 202 and they all run towards her. “Someone help me!” She runs as fast as possible away from the Bidoof stampede.
“Trappinch, did you hear something?” Says a mysterious voice from a tree.
“Probably just some wild Pokemon. Go back to sleep, the drone we have to catch comes by at six. ” Replies another voice from the same tree.
Candy runs as fast as she can to the Pokemon lab in Sandgem Town, but bumps into a kid around her age. “Sorry!” She says as she gets up.
“What are you doing out so early in the morning?!” the kid asks as he gets up.
“Well, what are you-”
BIDOOOOOF!!! Seemingly trillions of bidoofs are ready to crash on them like a brown, fuzzy tsunami of death. Candy and the other kid are paralyzed with fear. A Turtwig jumps up from behind the kid and slams a mighty Seed Bomb in front of the Bidoof; scaring them away.
“Great job, Turtwig!” The kid praises.
“Is that your Pokemon?” Candy asks.
“Well um, not exactly. He’s the lab’s Pokemon; I just like taking him out to train. I’m Rowan’s lab assistant”
“Why don’t you just ask Rowan if you can keep him?”
“I’m too nervous.”
“What if he evolves while you're training him?”
“I’ve taught him how to stop evolving at will. If he wants to, he could evolve on the spot right now.”
“Interesting. Well, my name is Candy.”
“Nice to meet you Candy, my name is Cody.”
“Is the lab open yet? I want to get my starter Pokemon.”
Cody checks his Poketch, “It’s five thirty now, I guess it’s okay to open up.” Cody opens the locked lab door with his key and lets Candy in. “The lights are automatic, so they should come on when you step in.” The lab fills with light; hurting their eyes for a moment.
Professor Rowan wakes up off of the PC he was sleeping on, “Huh? What’s going on?”
Cody goes to Rowan and says, “There’s a girl looking for a new starter Pokemon, sir.”
“I shouldn’t have stayed up all night writing that thesis.” Rowan looks down by Cody’s legs and sees Turtwig, “Were you playing with Turtwig again?”
“What do you mean by ‘again’?”
“I’ve seen you take its Pokeball some nights before your shift was over.”
“Oh.”
“If you wanted to keep him you could’ve just asked.”
“Really?! Thank you so much professor!” Cody and Turtwig hug Rowan.
“Where’s that girl you were talking about?”
Candy shouts, “I’m right here, sir!”
He lets out a yawn then asks, “Do you already know what Pokemon you want, young lady?”
“Yes. I want a Piplup.”
“Cody, can you please get out one of the Piplups?”
“Yes, sir.” Cody gets one of the Piplup balls and releases it. The Piplup is still sleeping when it comes out.
“It’s so adorable!” Candy picks up Piplup, “Hey cutie, you’re mine now!”View attachment 132203
Piplup nips her nose and wiggles out of her arms. “Ow!”
Cody returns it to the Pokeball, “I guess she didn’t like that rude awakening.”
“Oh, she’s a girl Piplup.”
Rowan asks, “What would you like to name her?”
“I like the name Puddle.”
“That’s a fine name for a Piplup. I’ll make you and Cody official trainer IDs right away!”
“Thank you so much!”
They both get their IDs and Candy is handed the Pokeball containing Puddle.
Rowan says, “Cody, you’re one of my most trusted lab assistants and there is a special job I would like you to do. It has been over ten years since the Sinnoh Dex has been fully updated; I want you to use this new Pokedex and scan as many different kinds of Pokemon in all the areas of the Sinnoh region you can. Some Pokemon may have changed habitats and I want you to investigate. Can you do this job for me?”
“Yes I can, sir!”
“Here take this new Pokedex.” Cody received the new Pokedex, “If you open it up you should see a depression where you can place shrunken Pokeballs. You can teleport Pokemon you catch to the PC with that. It also functions as a GPS.”
“This thing is really cool!”View attachment 132204
“You two should also have some Pokeballs for your journeys.” Rowan hands Candy and Cody five shrunken Pokeballs each; they both thank him. Candy puts one in her breast pocket for convenience. “Be safe out there, goodbye!” They both say their farewells.
Candy and Cody walk outside. Cody asks, “What do you want to do with your Piplup?”
Candy proudly answers, “I’m going to challenge the Sinnoh League!”
“Do you know where the closest gym is?”
“Somewhere south? . . . Can I please travel with you? I don’t even know how to use a compass!”
“Sure, why not. Going through the Sinnoh league would take me through most of the region.”
“Thank you so much!” She hugs him and Cody blushes.
“I-I need to tell my parents I’m leaving before we go.”
“Oh okay.” Cody goes into his house and Candy waits outside.
Cody exits his house with a gargantuan camping backpack, “My dad was a Pokemon trainer and he wanted to make sure I’m prepared for anything.”
Candy chuckles a bit at the silly backpack, “Cody, can I please put my empty balls in your backpack? It’s hard to handle five in two hands.”
“Sure.”
Candy hands him four empty Pokeballs, “Okay, let’s go!” The sun begins to rise as they head out on their Pokemon journey.

Chapter No. 2 Enter Team Geo
1586727370500.png

A wild Kricketot emerges from the tall grass on Route 202. “I should teach you how to catch wild Pokemon.” Cody scans it then releases Turtwig, “Turtwig, use Tackle!” Turtwig tackles the bug Pokemon and Cody throws a Pokeball at it. 1...2...3… Click! Cody picks up the ball and puts it in his bag. “You have to weaken it, then throw a Pokeball at it.”
“Gotcha!” As they walk down Candy sees a Shinx in the tall grass, “It’s so cute! I’m gonna catch it!” She sends out Puddle who is half asleep. Cody swifty scans the Shinx with his Pokedex. Shinx tackles Puddle causing her to get angry. Puddle uses Pound without her master’s command. “Aren’t I supposed to give commands or something?”
Cody answers, “Puddle isn’t supposed to be attacking without your command.”
“What moves does she know?”
“At this stage, only Growl and Pound.”
Shinx prepares for another Tackle, “Puddle, dodge it!” Puddle swifty moves out of the way of the attack. “Now use Pound!” Puddle hits Shinx in the back of its head before it turns around to face her, making it fall to the ground face first. Shinx’s face becomes dirty. Candy takes out the shrunken Pokeball from her breast pocket and throws it at Shinx.
dirtyshinx1.jpg
1… 2… POP! The ball breaks in half and Shinx runs away. “Was the Pokeball defective?”
“I guess that Shinx was too strong to be caught with a Pokeball.”
“Could anything catch it?”
“More experienced trainers usually carry stronger balls such as Great Balls, or Ultra Balls.”
“Oh, okay.” BIDOOF! “Ah!”
“What is it?”
“A Bidoof.” Candy glares at it.
“Do you wanna catch it?”
“Definitely not after what happened earlier! Bidoof are so mean!” Bidoof’s feelings are hurt and he runs away crying.
“Aw, it’s okay Bidoof. I think you’re cool.” Bidoof! He hugs Cody. “Would you like to come with me?” Bidoof nods, “Alright!” Cody taps a Pokeball on it and Bidoof is caught.
“You already caught two Pokemon?! I still haven’t caught any.”
“Maybe you’ll get one soon.”
“How did you get him anyway? Don’t you have to weaken Pokemon first to catch them?”
“Pokemon can also be caught if you befriend them.”
“Oh, that’s good to know.”
Candy and Cody walk up the route and see a drone fly over their head. Cody says, “Cool, it’s the delivery drone for the lab.”
“What does it deliver?”
“Food for the Pokemon.” The drone gets snatched by a grappling hook and gets pulled towards a tree. “What the heck?! Turtwig, cut it free with a Razor Leaf!” The grappling hook is cut and the drone continues on its path.
A voice comes from the tree, “Hey, you ruined our mission!” Two young men come down from the tree wearing brown and green clothes. “We’ll teach you a lesson to mess with Team Geo!” The tall one releases a Murkrow from his ball, and the short one releases a Geodude.
geodudeandmurk1.jpg

Candy asks, “Do you know these guys?”
“Never heard of them.” Cody replies.
“That’s because we never leave any witnesses! Murkrow, use Peck on Turtwig!” Shouts the tall one. Turtwig gets pecked in the face and flinches.
“Don’t worry Cody I got you! Puddle, use Pound on Murkrow!” Puddle is released from her ball and goes over to Murkrow.
“Geodude, use Tackle on Piplup!” The attack leaves Puddle badly hurt.
“Oh no! Puddle, return!” Puddle dodges the returning beam and uses Pound on Geodude.
“Tackle it again, Geodude!” A dirty Shinx jumps in and pushes Geodude’s Tackle away from Puddle.
Candy notices the dirt on Shinx’s face, “Hey, it’s the Shinx from before!” It gives Puddle an oran berry it was carrying in its mouth. Puddle eats it and feels better.
Turtwig is hit by a Wing Attack causing it to fall over on its shell, “Poor Turtwig.” Turtwig returns and Bidoof is released.
Puddle and Shinx overwhelm Geodude with both of their attacks causing it to faint. “Geodude, no!” It is shot back into its Pokeball.
“Murkrow flies up high then comes down with a Wing Attack on Bidoof!”
Cody shouts, “Bido-” Bidoof cries in pain but continues to stand.
“Fly back up!”
Cody says, “Dang, Murkrow is too fast for Bidoof to hit!”
Murkrow comes back down to finish off Bidoof, “Puddle, Pound it!” Candy shouts. Puddle jumps up and hits it to the ground with Pound. Shinx runs to Murkrow and uses Tackle. Murkrow faints and is returned to its Pokeball.
The tall one shouts, “Team Geo will make your life a living nightmare!” He throws a smoke ball; they are out of sight when the smoke clears.
“Thanks for helping us, Shinx.” Candy says. Shinx walks through Candy’s legs and nuzzles her calf.
legnuzzle1.jpg

Cody says, “I think Shinx likes you, Candy. Maybe it changed its mind when seeing Puddle battle.”
“Aw! Do you want to be my Pokemon, little guy?” Shinx nods. “Yay! Cody, can you please give me one of the Pokeballs in your bag?”
“Okay.” He hands Candy the Pokeball.
“Thanks! Here we go!” Candy taps the ball on Shinx’s head. 1… 2… 3… Click! “Yay! I caught my first Pokemon! I’m going to name you, Sparks.”
Cody sprays potions on Bidoof and Puddle, “Can I have Sparks’ ball?”
“Okay.” She hands it to him.
He puts a potion’s nozzle to the ball’s button. He pulls the trigger and it empties into the Pokeball. He hands the ball back and does the same with Turtwig’s ball. “Now time to heal Kricketot.” He takes out a potion and a Starly snatches it out of his hand. “Hey! That was my last potion!” Candy and Cody chase after the winged demon.

Last edited:
Next chapter, so now let's be one to read, and read onward!

- Okay. The catching tutorial in a fanfic. Didn't think I'd actually see that, but okay. Actually good in the sense that we're dealing with a character who may in fact need to learn.
- “Puddle isn’t supposed to be attacking without your command.” <- This guy'd go nuts at my fic's character's main Pokemon. So, like most are implied to.
- Technically Shinx has a real easy (though not the easiest) catch rate. I fear of the implications if a basic ball is not enough there.
- Yeah, now 100% convinced you're going for a comedic tone with the insulted Bidoof, heh.
- Right after saying you have to weaken Pokemon, he catches one without weakening it....
- Well keeping in tone with this being super fast paced, a drone shows up, gets caught, and freed out of nowhere.
- Now we run into Team Geo who I definitely feel more inclined to believe they're just these noname tryhards instead of ruthless gangsters who leave no witnesses.
- Shouts the tall one <- Pointless capital.
- Well, credit where it's due. That was a surprisingly well written early battle with very limited attacks. Like most of the fic, if it had room to breathe, it'd be pretty great!
- Wait why is she asking him to borrow a ball? She still has plenty left. Unless of course she's doing so on purpose to mooch and he just doesn't care.
- Neat showing a use of a Potion on something in a Poke Ball.
- The whole early route gang's here! And the next chapter's conflict is quickly set up.

Lot of what I said before still applies here. And yeah, do know you're crossposting what already exists, but still. Still, you've slowed the pace after quickly getting out, so that's good. Standing by for what's next.

Next chapter, so now let's be one to read, and read onward!

- Okay. The catching tutorial in a fanfic. Didn't think I'd actually see that, but okay. Actually good in the sense that we're dealing with a character who may in fact need to learn.
- “Puddle isn’t supposed to be attacking without your command.” <- This guy'd go nuts at my fic's character's main Pokemon. So, like most are implied to.
- Technically Shinx has a real easy (though not the easiest) catch rate. I fear of the implications if a basic ball is not enough there.
- Yeah, now 100% convinced you're going for a comedic tone with the insulted Bidoof, heh.
- Right after saying you have to weaken Pokemon, he catches one without weakening it....
- Well keeping in tone with this being super fast paced, a drone shows up, gets caught, and freed out of nowhere.
- Now we run into Team Geo who I definitely feel more inclined to believe they're just these noname tryhards instead of ruthless gangsters who leave no witnesses.
- Shouts the tall one <- Pointless capital.
- Well, credit where it's due. That was a surprisingly well written early battle with very limited attacks. Like most of the fic, if it had room to breathe, it'd be pretty great!
- Wait why is she asking him to borrow a ball? She still has plenty left. Unless of course she's doing so on purpose to mooch and he just doesn't care.
- Neat showing a use of a Potion on something in a Poke Ball.
- The whole early route gang's here! And the next chapter's conflict is quickly set up.

Lot of what I said before still applies here. And yeah, do know you're crossposting what already exists, but still. Still, you've slowed the pace after quickly getting out, so that's good. Standing by for what's next.
Candy's asking to borrow a ball from Cody because she doesn't have a bag and is holding Puddle's ball in her breast pocket. She gave him most of her balls at the end of the first chapter.

PNT chapter 3
Chapter No. 2 Enter Team Geo
View attachment 132272
A wild Kricketot emerges from the tall grass on Route 202. “I should teach you how to catch wild Pokemon.” Cody scans it then releases Turtwig, “Turtwig, use Tackle!” Turtwig tackles the bug Pokemon and Cody throws a Pokeball at it. 1...2...3… Click! Cody picks up the ball and puts it in his bag. “You have to weaken it, then throw a Pokeball at it.”
“Gotcha!” As they walk down Candy sees a Shinx in the tall grass, “It’s so cute! I’m gonna catch it!” She sends out Puddle who is half asleep. Cody swifty scans the Shinx with his Pokedex. Shinx tackles Puddle causing her to get angry. Puddle uses Pound without her master’s command. “Aren’t I supposed to give commands or something?”
Cody answers, “Puddle isn’t supposed to be attacking without your command.”
“What moves does she know?”
“At this stage, only Growl and Pound.”
Shinx prepares for another Tackle, “Puddle, dodge it!” Puddle swifty moves out of the way of the attack. “Now use Pound!” Puddle hits Shinx in the back of its head before it turns around to face her, making it fall to the ground face first. Shinx’s face becomes dirty. Candy takes out the shrunken Pokeball from her breast pocket and throws it at Shinx.View attachment 132271 1… 2… POP! The ball breaks in half and Shinx runs away. “Was the Pokeball defective?”
“I guess that Shinx was too strong to be caught with a Pokeball.”
“Could anything catch it?”
“More experienced trainers usually carry stronger balls such as Great Balls, or Ultra Balls.”
“Oh, okay.” BIDOOF! “Ah!”
“What is it?”
“A Bidoof.” Candy glares at it.
“Do you wanna catch it?”
“Definitely not after what happened earlier! Bidoof are so mean!” Bidoof’s feelings are hurt and he runs away crying.
“Aw, it’s okay Bidoof. I think you’re cool.” Bidoof! He hugs Cody. “Would you like to come with me?” Bidoof nods, “Alright!” Cody taps a Pokeball on it and Bidoof is caught.
“You already caught two Pokemon?! I still haven’t caught any.”
“Maybe you’ll get one soon.”
“How did you get him anyway? Don’t you have to weaken Pokemon first to catch them?”
“Pokemon can also be caught if you befriend them.”
“Oh, that’s good to know.”
Candy and Cody walk up the route and see a drone fly over their head. Cody says, “Cool, it’s the delivery drone for the lab.”
“What does it deliver?”
“Food for the Pokemon.” The drone gets snatched by a grappling hook and gets pulled towards a tree. “What the heck?! Turtwig, cut it free with a Razor Leaf!” The grappling hook is cut and the drone continues on its path.
A voice comes from the tree, “Hey, you ruined our mission!” Two young men come down from the tree wearing brown and green clothes. “We’ll teach you a lesson to mess with Team Geo!” The tall one releases a Murkrow from his ball, and the short one releases a Geodude.View attachment 132273
Candy asks, “Do you know these guys?”
“Never heard of them.” Cody replies.
“That’s because we never leave any witnesses! Murkrow, use Peck on Turtwig!” Shouts the tall one. Turtwig gets pecked in the face and flinches.
“Don’t worry Cody I got you! Puddle, use Pound on Murkrow!” Puddle is released from her ball and goes over to Murkrow.
“Geodude, use Tackle on Piplup!” The attack leaves Puddle badly hurt.
“Oh no! Puddle, return!” Puddle dodges the returning beam and uses Pound on Geodude.
“Tackle it again, Geodude!” A dirty Shinx jumps in and pushes Geodude’s Tackle away from Puddle.
Candy notices the dirt on Shinx’s face, “Hey, it’s the Shinx from before!” It gives Puddle an oran berry it was carrying in its mouth. Puddle eats it and feels better.
Turtwig is hit by a Wing Attack causing it to fall over on its shell, “Poor Turtwig.” Turtwig returns and Bidoof is released.
Puddle and Shinx overwhelm Geodude with both of their attacks causing it to faint. “Geodude, no!” It is shot back into its Pokeball.
“Murkrow flies up high then comes down with a Wing Attack on Bidoof!”
Cody shouts, “Bido-” Bidoof cries in pain but continues to stand.
“Fly back up!”
Cody says, “Dang, Murkrow is too fast for Bidoof to hit!”
Murkrow comes back down to finish off Bidoof, “Puddle, Pound it!” Candy shouts. Puddle jumps up and hits it to the ground with Pound. Shinx runs to Murkrow and uses Tackle. Murkrow faints and is returned to its Pokeball.
The tall one shouts, “Team Geo will make your life a living nightmare!” He throws a smoke ball; they are out of sight when the smoke clears.
“Thanks for helping us, Shinx.” Candy says. Shinx walks through Candy’s legs and nuzzles her calf.View attachment 132274
Cody says, “I think Shinx likes you, Candy. Maybe it changed its mind when seeing Puddle battle.”
“Aw! Do you want to be my Pokemon, little guy?” Shinx nods. “Yay! Cody, can you please give me one of the Pokeballs in your bag?”
“Okay.” He hands Candy the Pokeball.
“Thanks! Here we go!” Candy taps the ball on Shinx’s head. 1… 2… 3… Click! “Yay! I caught my first Pokemon! I’m going to name you, Sparks.”
Cody sprays potions on Bidoof and Puddle, “Can I have Sparks’ ball?”
“Okay.” She hands it to him.
He puts a potion’s nozzle to the ball’s button. He pulls the trigger and it empties into the Pokeball. He hands the ball back and does the same with Turtwig’s ball. “Now time to heal Kricketot.” He takes out a potion and a Starly snatches it out of his hand. “Hey! That was my last potion!” Candy and Cody chase after the winged demon.
Chapter No. 3 Back In Jubilife
entermach1.jpg

A wild Starly has snatched Cody’s last potion, so Candy and him run after it. Cody says, “Wait! I have an idea to get back the potion.” He throws a Pokeball at the Starly, but the ball didn’t go far enough.
“I got it!” Candy catches the ball and throws it at the Starly; it shakes in the air 1… 2… 3… Click! Candy catches the Pokeball, She waits for Cody to catch up then lets Starly out. Starly gives the potion back to Cody and bows its head in apology.
“Thanks Starly, and great job Candy!” He heals Kricketot.
“No problem. You know, I was the top pitcher on my softball team.” Candy looks down at Starly, “I guess you’re my Pokemon now. I’ll name you, Mach, because you’re so fast.” She puts Mach on her shoulder and pets him.
Candy and Cody get to Jubilife City at around six thirty in the morning. “I wanna go back to my house before we do anything.” Says Candy.
“That’s okay.” Cody replies.
They enter Candy’s home and she remarks about how she left the door unlocked for when she would come back. They leave their shoes and backpack by the door. Candy’s mom is making breakfast in the kitchen until she sees her daughter walk in, “Candy, I thought you were still asleep- Wait what were you doing outside so early in the morning?!”
“I went to get my starter Pokemon; you said I can get one when I turn twelve.” Candy answers.
“You shouldn’t go out so early on your own! Wild Pokemon or bad people would attack you!”
Candy pulls Cody in the room, “He walked with me on the way back, plus I’m fine.”
“Thank you for walking my daughter back home early in the morning, what’s your name?”
Cody answers, “I’m Cody, nice to meet you, uhh.”
“You can call me Mrs.Spint.”
“Yes, ma’am.”
Candy asks, “Where’s Dad?”
“He left for work about half an hour ago.”
“Dang, I wanted to show him my new Pokemon!”
“You can show your Pokemon.”
“Yay!” Candy takes her Pokemon out of their Pokeballs. I named the Piplup, Puddle, the Shinx, Sparks, and the Starly, Mach.
“Wow, you caught two Pokemon already! They’re very cute,” Candy’s mom takes a closer look at them, “Also very dirty; you should bathe them.”
“Alrighty!” Candy’s stomach growls. “Can you please make breakfast, I didn’t have any before I left.”
“Okay, I’ll make pancakes. Would you like breakfast too, Cody?”
“Yes please.”
Candy returns her Pokemon to their Pokeballs and asks, “Cody, do you wanna give our Pokemon baths while we wait for breakfast.”
“Sure, Candy.” They walk upstairs to the bathroom and Candy draws a hot bath in the tub. Candy puts a bath-bomb in and washes the dirt off all her Pokemon, then Cody washes his.
“Your pancakes are ready!” Candy’s mom shouts up.
Candy and Cody come down and have breakfast and they both thank Candy’s mom. Candy says, “Mom, I’m going out and challenging the Sinnoh League, and Cody is going to travel with me.”
“I feel better you’re going with someone, but Sinnoh is a dangerous place, with harsh weather, and gangs, a-”
“Mom, with my Pokemon by my side, you don’t have anything to worry about.”
Meanwhile in Team Geo’s underground hideout: “You two morons haven’t been on the job for only forty eight hours and you messed up so bad, this branch is in critical condition! The Pokemon food raid I sent you two on last night was lackluster, but you got some Pokechow in the end. I wanted you two to make it up this morning by raiding a drone with enough food to feed half the Pokemon here, but you came back with nothing! Now more than half of the Pokemon in this branch are too hungry to cooperate!”
The tall grunt from earlier says, “But sir, we were stopped by two Pokemon trainers and they broke our grappling hook.”
“I don’t care about what happened, all I care about are the results!” The branch leader releases Rhyperior from its dusk ball,
rhylooms1.jpg
“If I leave you two in this room with my pal Rhyperior here, I’ll have enough Pokemon food to feed a good amount of our furry little friends. If you two can get me more than what Rhyperior can provide within the next two hours, you keep your jobs and the meat on your bones. If you two try to run away, I will find you and Rhyperior will juice you like a grapefruit! Understand?”
They both reply, “Yes sir.”
“Get out of my face!” They run out of the door and back outside.

Last edited:
You should probably make the pictures smaller since it's really hard to read it like that. And the picture is too big I can't even look at the whole piece.

C3
- So uh wait was it grabbing the Potion as a held item which got sucked into the ball too???
- And the Starly is just unquestioningly loyal as soon as it's caught.
- That "wait what" seems a bit out of place. Unless this mother is so much of an airhead that it only just hits her at that exact moment.
- Actually grooming Pokemon on-screen. That's rare, though I have to question how the Starly got dirty.
- You know, feels this fic rushes too too much and drifts from one thing to another way too fast at times. But that said, it worked pretty hilariously - I guess to your intended tone - here. Talking about Sinnoh being a dangerous place with gangs, "yeah don't worry", immediately cut to a gang.
- Interesting way of interpreting how evil teams keep their Pokemon loyal, via their stomachs. That said the Starly that was captured earlier was loyal just from being caught, so I don't quite get this.
- Leader guy is comically over the top evil. He's so excessive over something so small that it's just goofy. Good Rhyperior drawing too.

C3
- So uh wait was it grabbing the Potion as a held item which got sucked into the ball too???
- And the Starly is just unquestioningly loyal as soon as it's caught.
- That "wait what" seems a bit out of place. Unless this mother is so much of an airhead that it only just hits her at that exact moment.
- Actually grooming Pokemon on-screen. That's rare, though I have to question how the Starly got dirty.
- You know, feels this fic rushes too too much and drifts from one thing to another way too fast at times. But that said, it worked pretty hilariously - I guess to your intended tone - here. Talking about Sinnoh being a dangerous place with gangs, "yeah don't worry", immediately cut to a gang.
- Interesting way of interpreting how evil teams keep their Pokemon loyal, via their stomachs. That said the Starly that was captured earlier was loyal just from being caught, so I don't quite get this.
- Leader guy is comically over the top evil. He's so excessive over something so small that it's just goofy. Good Rhyperior drawing too.
-The Potion was a held item so it got sucked into the ball with Starly
-I didn't think Starly being unquestionably loyal would be out of place because Pokemon immediately follow the trainer's commands in the games.
-Starly was just caught from the wild so he would naturally be dirty
-I wanted to give the story a fast pace to keep the reader's attention through out
-Team Geo's Pokemon are getting unruly because they are starving. Starly wasn't starving so he wasn't unruly.
-Thanks. I think Rhyperior looks good in the drawing too.

Chapter No. 3 Back In Jubilife
View attachment 132808
A wild Starly has snatched Cody’s last potion, so Candy and him run after it. Cody says, “Wait! I have an idea to get back the potion.” He throws a Pokeball at the Starly, but the ball didn’t go far enough.
“I got it!” Candy catches the ball and throws it at the Starly; it shakes in the air 1… 2… 3… Click! Candy catches the Pokeball, She waits for Cody to catch up then lets Starly out. Starly gives the potion back to Cody and bows its head in apology.
“Thanks Starly, and great job Candy!” He heals Kricketot.
“No problem. You know, I was the top pitcher on my softball team.” Candy looks down at Starly, “I guess you’re my Pokemon now. I’ll name you, Mach, because you’re so fast.” She puts Mach on her shoulder and pets him.
Candy and Cody get to Jubilife City at around six thirty in the morning. “I wanna go back to my house before we do anything.” Says Candy.
“That’s okay.” Cody replies.
They enter Candy’s home and she remarks about how she left the door unlocked for when she would come back. They leave their shoes and backpack by the door. Candy’s mom is making breakfast in the kitchen until she sees her daughter walk in, “Candy, I thought you were still asleep- Wait what were you doing outside so early in the morning?!”
“I went to get my starter Pokemon; you said I can get one when I turn twelve.” Candy answers.
“You shouldn’t go out so early on your own! Wild Pokemon or bad people would attack you!”
Candy pulls Cody in the room, “He walked with me on the way back, plus I’m fine.”
“Thank you for walking my daughter back home early in the morning, what’s your name?”
Cody answers, “I’m Cody, nice to meet you, uhh.”
“You can call me Mrs.Spint.”
“Yes, ma’am.”
Candy asks, “Where’s Dad?”
“He left for work about half an hour ago.”
“Dang, I wanted to show him my new Pokemon!”
“You can show your Pokemon.”
“Yay!” Candy takes her Pokemon out of their Pokeballs. I named the Piplup, Puddle, the Shinx, Sparks, and the Starly, Mach.
“Wow, you caught two Pokemon already! They’re very cute,” Candy’s mom takes a closer look at them, “Also very dirty; you should bathe them.”
“Alrighty!” Candy’s stomach growls. “Can you please make breakfast, I didn’t have any before I left.”
“Okay, I’ll make pancakes. Would you like breakfast too, Cody?”
“Yes please.”
Candy returns her Pokemon to their Pokeballs and asks, “Cody, do you wanna give our Pokemon baths while we wait for breakfast.”
“Sure, Candy.” They walk upstairs to the bathroom and Candy draws a hot bath in the tub. Candy puts a bath-bomb in and washes the dirt off all her Pokemon, then Cody washes his.
“Your pancakes are ready!” Candy’s mom shouts up.
Candy and Cody come down and have breakfast and they both thank Candy’s mom. Candy says, “Mom, I’m going out and challenging the Sinnoh League, and Cody is going to travel with me.”
“I feel better you’re going with someone, but Sinnoh is a dangerous place, with harsh weather, and gangs, a-”
“Mom, with my Pokemon by my side, you don’t have anything to worry about.”
Meanwhile in Team Geo’s underground hideout: “You two morons haven’t been on the job for only forty eight hours and you messed up so bad, this branch is in critical condition! The Pokemon food raid I sent you two on last night was lackluster, but you got some Pokechow in the end. I wanted you two to make it up this morning by raiding a drone with enough food to feed half the Pokemon here, but you came back with nothing! Now more than half of the Pokemon in this branch are too hungry to cooperate!”
The tall grunt from earlier says, “But sir, we were stopped by two Pokemon trainers and they broke our grappling hook.”
“I don’t care about what happened, all I care about are the results!” The branch leader releases Rhyperior from its dusk ball,View attachment 132809 “If I leave you two in this room with my pal Rhyperior here, I’ll have enough Pokemon food to feed a good amount of our furry little friends. If you two can get me more than what Rhyperior can provide within the next two hours, you keep your jobs and the meat on your bones. If you two try to run away, I will find you and Rhyperior will juice you like a grapefruit! Understand?”
They both reply, “Yes sir.”
“Get out of my face!” They run out of the door and back outside.
(Author's note: I've written 9 chapters of this story in total and I want to work on another project. I'm going to upload the remaining chapters. I'm not going to do anymore illustrations. Enjoy what remains)
CHAPTER NO. 4 THE GRUNT HUNT
It’s eight o’clock in the morning and Cody is walking out of the PokeMart with fishing bait and healing items while Candy is searching for a Pokemon on Route 204. The two Team Geo grunts break into the place accompanied by their Murkrow and Geodude. The short one shouts at the cashier, “Fork over all of your money and Pokemon chow before things get a little messy. Got it?”
Cody looks over and recognizes the duo, “Hey, stop right there!” Cody takes Turtwig out of its ball.
The tall guy breaks the display glass and gives his Murkrow five X Attacks, “Murkrow, Wing Attack!” Murkrow one shots Turtwig with a super powered hit to the head. “Hand the stuff over, we’re in a hurry.” The cashier pushes a button under the desk, then gives the grunts Pokemon food and money.
Cody returns Turtwig to his ball and thinks, (If he defeated my strongest Pokemon with one attack I shouldn’t risk my other pokemon getting hurt.)
As the grunts walk out of the store a police officer on motorcycle stops in front of them. “That’s an awful lot of Pokemon food you have there. You didn’t happen to steal it did you?” He asks.
The cashier shouts, “Those are the thieves right there officer! They took my cash and Pokemon food!” He points to them.
The officer takes Luxray out of its Pokeball, “Put away your Pokemon and drop the stolen goods!
The short grunt shouts, “Geodude use Tackle!” Geodude tackles Luxray, then they run towards Route 204.
“Luxray, use Crunch!” Geodude faints and is left behind by the grunts.
“Sorry, Geodude!” The short grunt shouts as he runs away into the trees.
“Dang! The wooded area is too dense to pursue them in!” The police officer returns Luxray to his Pokeball.
“Alright, all we have to do is wait here for a few minutes, then run back to the hideout entrance on the other side of the city.” The tall one says.
“Puddle, use Bubble!” Candy commands while battling a wild Wurmple in Route 204. A few bubbles stray from the target and burst at the grunt’s bag of Pokemon food and money. Pop! Pop! 1… 2… 3… Click! “Yay! I got a Wurmple!’ She picks up the ball, “I’m going to name you Squirmie.”
“Did you hear a popping noise?” The tall grunt asks.
“Yeah, I did.” The short one looks at his bag, “Oh no! Our bags broke!”
The tall grunt sighs, “Well, I guess we will have to carry the food by hand.” They both look back and see a Munchlax devour all of their food. Munch, munch! He goes to kick the hungry Pokemon “You little- AH!” It bites through his right shoe and spits it out. He checks the time, “It’s eight thirty!”
“Seriously?! Oh my Arceus, I feel sick to my stomach!”
Candy hears them, “Is anyone there?”
“Um, no.”
“Oh, okay.” She walks back to Jubilife and sees Cody by the PokeMart, “Hey Cody, did you buy that stuff you wanted?”
“Yeah,” Cody answers, “But those jerks from earlier robbed the place and hurt Grotle.”
“That’s terrible! At least you’re alright.”
“I’m on my way to the Pokemon Center.”
“I’ll come too, some of my Pokemon got hurt catching my new Wurmple.”
“Cool, you caught a new Pokemon.” They go into the Jubilife Pokemon Center.
Rhyperior comes out of the hideout and searches for the two grunts. “If we run to Route 218 and swim to Canalave undetected, Rhyperior won’t get us.”
“What if that cop in Jubilife finds us?”
“I would rather go to jail than get beaten to a literal pulp.”
“Good point.”
The two grunts are about to enter the gate to Route 218 before being stopped by the policeman from before on his motorcycle, “Where are you two going?” He sends out Luxray to block their path.
The tall grunt begs, “Please protect us! A Rhyperior is hunting us!” The Rhyperior sees them and unleashes a massive Earthquake. Rhy! The streets are split into pieces with giant cracks separating them. Luxray faints and his master’s motorcycle is stuck in a crack. The grunts fall to the ground.
The Pokemon Center loses power. “Was that an earthquake?” Candy asks.
“Maybe, or a dangerous pokemon.” Answers Cody. Candy grabs her fully healed Pokemon and runs off. “Candy, what are you doing?!”
“If it’s a Pokemon, I need to make sure it doesn’t cause any more harm!”
“That’s dangerous! Darn it!” Cody takes his fully healed Bidoof and Kriketot and chases after Candy. She follows the cracks as they get wider and wider until she sees Rhyperior enter the gate to Route 218. Everyone in the gate flees as the mammoth Pokemon stomps its way over to the grunts. By the time Candy catches up, Rhyperior is on the dock of Route 218 and has blocked the grunts from diving off.
“Is this your Pokemon?!” Candy asks them.
The short grunt answers, “No, this thing is trying to kill us!”
“That’s terrible!” Candy sends out Puddle, “Use Bubble!” The attack barely affects the behemoth. Rhyperior ignores Puddle and walks toward the grunts.
Cody catches up and takes out Bidoof, “Use Tackle!” Bidoof bounces off of it. Rhyperior points its arm at the grunts. “That’s Rock Wrecker!” Bidoof hits Rhyperior’s arm up before it makes the shot. “Wow Bidoof, that was incredible!” The rock falls down onto Rhyperior and it almost loses its balance. “Hey, Rhyperior will sink to the bottom of the water if we hit it off the dock! We have to push it off!”
The tall grunt takes out Murkrow, and Candy takes out Mach, Sparks, and Squirmy. Candy asks, “Why don’t you take out Kricketot?”
“He only knows Bide which doesn’t do damage unless it’s attacked.”
“Oh, okay.” Puddle uses Pound, Mach uses Quick Attack, Sparks uses Tackle, Murkrow uses Wing Attack, Squirmie uses Poison Sting, and Bidoof uses Tackle on Rhyperior. All of the attacks push it close to the edge, but not enough to knock it over. Rhyperior uses Megahorn and knocks Sparks out. “Oh no! We don’t have enough power to knock it down!”
“Wait, I have an idea!” Cody takes Kriketot out, “If all of our Pokemon attack Kriketot while it performs Bide, it may be enough force to push Rhyperior off!”
“What if it faints?” Asks the tall grunt.
“I’ll constantly use potions on him so he won’t faint.” Rhyperior knocks out Squirmie with Stone Edge. “Okay Kricketot, use Bide!” Cody sprays potions on him as he gets hit. Rhyperior raises its arm and prepares another Rock Wrecker.
“No!” Candy runs to Rhyperior and forces its arm to the side. Kritetot is still absorbing hits. Rhyperior goes to take a swing at Candy, but the short grunt pushes her away. “Ah! Thank you!” Kriketot unleashes its energy and puts Rhyperior on its heels. The tall grunt charges Rhyperior and it sinks to the bottom of the water.
Everyone returns all of their pokemon to their Pokeballs. The grunts thank Candy and Cody. Candy asks, “Why was that Rhyperior trying to kill you two?” The short grunt tells them everything.
Cody asks, “Who is your boss?”
“I don’t know his real name, but he’s the highest ranking member of Team Geo in this area of Sinnoh. There are three other members on his same level separated into branches known as Branch Leaders. Above them are the super elites, and the highest is the leader; no one aside from the Branch Leaders know where they are or what their plan is.” Answers the short grunt.
“Wow, Team Geo is massive.”
“If the Branch Leader finds out what you two did to Rhyperior, you’re going to be labeled a top priority threat and have a fat Team Geo branded target on your backs.”
“What should we do?!”
“You two shouldn’t worry about it, he wouldn't suspect some new inexperienced trainers to drown his powerful Rhyperior. Since Rhyperior was hunting us, we are the most suspect. I pocketed some of the money from the robbery earlier, so my friend and I can get a plane to Kalos and disappear from them.”
“That’s a relief.” Candy and Cody say their goodbyes to the grunts and walk back to the Pokemon Center.

CHAPTER NO. 5 LEAVING HOME

Candy and Cody walk from the Pokemon Center to Candy’s house over the broken street. “Hi, Mom!” Candy shouts.
“Hi Candy, thank goodness you’re safe from that earthquake earlier.” Her mom comes down with a new bag.
“Mom, what’s with the new bag?”
“This is your birthday present! I forgot to give it to you earlier.” She hands the bag to her daughter.
“Thanks so much Mom! It’s so pretty!”
“There’s more gifts inside.”
Candy opens the bag, “Wow, a new Snom plush and a five thousand Pokeyen gift card to PokeMart!” She looks in again, “And my Pichu plush!”
“I thought you would miss it, and the Snom plush can make a good pillow for you.”
Candy blushes, “Mom, you’re embarrassing me!” She hides her face behind Pichu.
“Too bad your entire plush collection can’t fit in your bag.”
“Stop!!!”
“I thought you two were going to leave soon so I made you both sandwiches.” She gives them to Candy and Cody.
“Thank you.” Cody says.
“Thanks.” Candy says as she puts the Pichu plush down.
Candy’s dad walks in, “Hi Candy!”
“Dad!” Candy runs up and hugs her dad.
“I’m on lunch break, so I decided to stop by and say happy birthday to my little girl.”
“Thanks Dad.”
“Who’s this boy?”
Cody answers, “Hi, I’m Cody; I’ll be traveling with Candy through the Sinnoh region.”
“Candy, are you leaving now?”
“Um, yeah.”
Candy’s Dad hugs her, “Good luck on your adventure.”
“Thanks, Dad” Candy hugs her mom then walks out the door, “Good bye!”
Now that Candy has said her goodbyes to her family she heads off to her first Pokemon gym. With their last steps out of Jubilife City, Candy and Cody’s adventure can truly begin.
Candy and Cody have swifty gone through Route 203 and have entered Orberge Gate. Candy is holding her own Pokeballs in her bag now and Puddle has been fending off the wild Pokemon in their path. Cody sees something shiny on the floor and picks it up, “Hey Candy, I found something.”
“What is it?” Candy looks over and asks.
Cody reads the words on it, “‘HM06 Rock Smash’ This is a Hidden Machine!”
“What’s a Hidden Machine?”
“It’s a disc that can teach Pokemon a certain move; this one can teach Rock Smash.”
“Ooo! Can Puddle learn it?”
Cody checks his Pokedex, “No, I can’t learn that move. Oh, Bidoof can though!” Cody puts the hole of the disc around the button of the Pokeball; the disc glows then it fades, “Let’s see if it worked,” Cody releases Bidoof and looks around the cave, “Bidoof, use Rock Smash on the weirdly shaped rock over there!” Bidoof hits the rock and it turns out to be an Onix taking a siesta. “Onix live in this cave now?!” Cody scans it with his Pokedex.
Oraaaa! The Onix lets out a cry of pain and its head hits the ceiling of the cave. Dozens of Zubats awaken from their slumber and fly all around the cave. Candy shouts, “This is chaos!” Onix regains its composure and points out Candy and Cody with its tail. A dozen Geodudes come out from the rocks they were hiding behind and roll toward the two.
“Oh no! Turtwig, come out and use Seed Bomb!” Turtwig’s attack knocks out a Geodude but two others tackle it and Bidoof.
“Puddle, use Bubble on the Geodudes!” Candy shouts. The attack lands on half of the group, but none are K.O.’d. Puddle gets tackled by two Geodudes. “Use Bubble again!” Puddle knocks out half of the Geodude gang with its attack. Onix shouts at the Geodudes and they all roll over to Puddle.
“Now’s our chance! Turtwig, use Seed Bomb! Bidoof, use Rock Smash!” The attacks knock out two of the wild Geodudes. Onix becomes enraged and uses Rock Slide on Turtwig and Bidoof; Bidoof faints and Turtwig is greatly weakened. “This is bad!” Cody shoots Bidoof back into its Pokeball. Puddle lets out an extra strong Bubble that knocks out the rest of the Geodudes.
The enormous Onix stares down the tiny Pokemon. Cody interjects, “Turtwig, use Absorb!” Onix flicks the miniscule grass Pokemon away with its tail causing it to faint. “Oh no! Turtwig!” Cody runs over to rescue his Pokemon.
“Puddle, use Bubble!” Puddle uses a move on Onix that surpasses Bubble; Puddle has learned Bubblebeam! Onix falls to the ground. “That’s strong!”
“Wow Candy! Puddle mastered Bubble so well it became Bubblebeam! Piplup don’t usually do that until after they evolve!” Onix gets back up and bows its head in respect to Puddle. Onix goes down the nearby hole to the lower level of the cave.
A boy around Candy’s age runs up to the scene, “Well it seems this Onix problem is under control now thanks to you.”
Candy asks, “Who are you?”
“I’m the leader of the Oreburgh Gym, Rory. I got some complaints about an Onix and a bunch of Geodudes scaring off travelers, so I decided to check it out.”
“Oh, I’m Candy, and I’m planning on challenging you.”
“Considering your display of power by defeating that Onix, I look forward to battling you!” His phone rings, “Hello? … A challenger is waiting for a battle now?! … I’ll be right there!” He puts his phone back into his pocket, “I have to go back, see ya later!”
“Bye!”
Cody runs back to Candy, “Who was that?”
“That was the Oreburgh Gym leader; he wanted to see if the Onix was under control.”
“Okay. We should hurry to the Oreburgh Pokemon Center; Bidoof is in terrible condition!”
“Let’s go!” Candy and her friend Cody hurry off to Oreburgh City.

CHAPTER NO. 6 CANDY'S RIVAL

As Candy and Cody wait in the Pokemon Center for their Pokemon to be healed; while researching about Rory on the PC. A boy walks in and places a Pokeball on the front counter.
The nurse says, “Welcome to the Oreburgh Pokemon Center; would you like me to heal the Pokemon in that Pokeball?”
“Yes.” He rolls the ball over to her.
“Alright, I’ll heal up your Pokemon in no time!” She walks to the back. The boy stands by the counter.
Cody tells Candy, “It says here, Rory is a steel type user and uses three Pokemon for gym battles.”
“What are his Pokemon?” Asks Candy.
“Don’t waste your time researching him!” The boy says, “His team is a complete joke! I swept his team with one Pokemon and it hardly got hurt!”
Candy says, “Oh yeah, bet!”
The nurse walks out with a Pokeball, “Here’s your Combusken, sir. It was able to go through the process quicker with its minimal injuries.”
“Okay.” He takes his Pokeball. The nurse goes to the back.
Candy’s jaw drops, “Uh-uh.”
The nurse returns, “Miss, your Piplup is fully healed!”
Candy takes the Pokeball, “Thank you.”
“Heh, a Piplup. It hasn’t even evolved yet? What a joke.” The boy comments.
“Oh yeah?! My Piplup can beat your Combo-whatever any day of the week! She defeated an army of Geodudes and a huge Onix earlier!”
“Do you wanna test that?” The boy smirks.
“Heck yeah! Let’s go outside!” They walk out to the back of the Pokemon Center.
They release their Pokemon from their Pokeballs. Combusken has a piece of charcoal held by a string on its neck. Candy asks, “Why does your Pokemon have a piece of charcoal on its neck?”
The boy answers, “Of course a loser like you doesn’t know about held items.”
“What’s that?”
“Like I’d tell you! Combusken, use Sunny Day!” The sky becomes bright and the air heats up.
“Puddle, hit it with Bubblebeam!” The half of the bubbles evaporate before hitting Combusken. “I thought that would do more damage. Maybe Sunny Day has something to do with it.”
“Use Flame Charge!” The charcoal makes the flame burn brighter; Puddle takes major damage from the attack.
“Puddle, get up! I believe in you!” Puddle gets off the ground, “Run up and use Peck!” Combusken flinches from the attack. “Now use Bubblebeam up close!” All of the bubbles hit Combusken before they evaporate. Its face has multiple scratches on it from the attack causing it to let out a cry of pain.
“Come on Combusken, finish it with Flame Charge!”
“Hit it with Bubblebeam to weaken the attack!” Combusken hits Puddle with a less powerful Flame Charge. “Puddle you can get up! You can do it!” Puddle gets up and starts glowing.
“Combusken, use Aerial Ace!” Puddle is knocked out and stops glowing.
“Hey, Puddle was going to evolve there!”
“Your thing doesn’t deserve to evolve from such a stupid battle, if you could even call that a battle.”
“Why are you so mean?!”
“I’m just not afraid to speak my mind.” He walks off to the PokeMart.
Candy brings Puddle back to the Pokemon Center, “Can you please heal my Pokemon?”
The nurse answers, “Okay, but you need to give her a break; it sounds like she’s been fighting all day.”
“Yes, ma’am.”
Cody is sitting on a chair fiddling with his Pokedex and Candy sits next to him. “How did the battle go?” Asks Cody.
“I lost.”
“It’s okay Candy, every trainer loses a few battles.”
“He also said really mean things to me and Puddle.”
The nurse walks out, “Your Turtwig is fully healed, sir.”
Cody takes the ball, “Thank you.”
“In case you two are wondering, that kid’s name is Chilli. He’s had that attitude problem ever since he got here last night.”
“Thanks for the info.” Candy says, “He didn’t tell me his name.”
Candy and Cody continue to wait for their Pokemon to be healed.

CHAPTER NO. 7 CANDY VS RORY

A man wearing sunglasses greets Candy and Cody, “Welcome to the Oreburgh Gym! Which one of you two will be challenging the gym leader Rory?”
“I’m gonna beat Rory!” Candy shouts.
“That’s the spirit I wanna see! Are you also here to challenge Rory?”
Cody answers, “No, just to watch the battle.”
“Okay, you can head to the battlefield and you can head to the bleachers. Remember this challenger, a Pokemon is out of the match if it faints or is knocked out of the ring.”
“Gotcha!” Candy enters the battlefield which is a giant steel plate bolted to the ground.
“I’m glad to see you finally showed up, let’s go!” Cody sits down right as the battle begins. Shieldon is released from its Great Ball, then Sparks is released from its Pokeball.
“I know you are a ste-” Candy is cut off.
“Shieldon, use Take Down on Shinx!” Sparks takes critical damage and Shieldon recoils in pain.
“Shoot! Sparks, hit it with Tackle!” Sheildon shrugs off the attack like it’s nothing.
“Rock Tomb! Now!” Rocks fall from the ceiling and cover Sparks.
“Sorry, Sparks.” It returns to its Pokeball. “Puddle, you can beat it!” Puddle comes out of her Pokeball.
Rory switches out Shieldon, “After seeing what Puddle did to that Onix, I’m not taking any risks.” Magnemite is released from its Great Ball, “Thunderbolt!” Puddle is knocked out after one hit.
“Puddle! NO!” Candy returns Puddle to her ball and releases Squrmie.
“Th-”
“STRING SHOT ITS MAGNETS! SHOOT STRING SHOT AT MANGEMITE’S MAGNETS!!!” A thick layer of silk covers the left magnet and Squrmie starts shooting at the right magnet.
“Use Thunderbolt, Magnemite!”
“NOOO!!!” Squrmie points her mouth upward and surrounds herself in silk. The silk softens the blow enough for Squirmie to continue. Squirmie finishes its cocoon and looks like a completely different Pokemon.
Cody shouts from the bleachers, “Candy! Squirmie just evolved into Silcoon!”
“Wow! Congratulations Squirmie!”
“That’s enough celebrating! We have a battle to finish!”
“Sorry. Squirmie, continue your String Shot!” The blast of silk is bigger and faster; pinning Magnemite to the floor.
“Dang! Magnemite, use Sonic Boom!” Some silk breaks off the Pokemon.
“String Shot it!” Magnemite is completely covered in silk.
“Sonic Boom again!” Nothing happens under the lump of silk. Magnemite has fainted. “Wow! I’ve never seen a Pokemon beaten like that before!” Magnemite is returned and Sheildon is re-released.
Heavy breathing comes from under the Silcoon’s cascoon, “You can rest for now, Silcoon.” Silcoon returns to her Pokeball, “Give it your all, Mach!” Mach soars out of his Pokeball with a battle cry.
“Stone Edge!”
“Dodge it and use Tackle!” The ancient Pokemon is unfazed.
“Hit it with Take Down before it can fly back up!” Mach is knocked out.
“Wow, you’re way stronger than I thought! Do your best, Squirmie!” The exhausted bug Pokemon comes out with visible heavy damage. “You’re in way worse condition than I noticed before. I really want to win but-”
“Stone Edge!”
“Stop!” Squirmie is knocked out of the match. “I’m sorry Squirmie; I should’ve called off the match before it got this bad.” She returns her Pokemon to her Pokeball.
Rory and Shieldon walk up to Candy, “Good try! You could have done worse for your first gym battle!”
“Thanks.”
Cody meets Candy by the entrance, “Hey Candy, sorry that you lost.”
“Thanks, Cody.” They have a quiet walk back to the Pokemon Center. Cody has a passing glance though the PokeMart window and sees a box full of Clefairy plushies, “I have to get something at the PokeMart I’ll meet you at the Pokemon Center.”
“Okay.” The depressed girl walks to the Pokemon Center.
Candy sits on a bench in the Pokemon Center thinking, (Maybe I’m not cut out to be a Pokemon trainer.)
Cody walks into the Pokemon Center and sits next to Candy, “Hi Candy, I got something for you.” He takes the Clefairy plush out of the bag and gives it to her, “I know you like Pokemon dolls, so I thought you would like this one.”
“I love it.” Candy smiles and hugs Cody, “Thank you, I really needed something to cheer me up.”
Cody blushes, “Y-you’re welcome.” Candy lets go and puts the Clefairy plush on her lap, “When I was watching your battle with Rory I really noticed you haven’t trained any of your Pokemon other than Puddle. If we train our Pokemon For the next few days, you have a great shot at beating him.”
“That’s a wonderful idea! I wonder if the Onix in Oreburgh Gate would be up for some training exercises.”
“He would make a great sparring partner for Puddle while the other Pokemon train.”
“Yeah! I can’t wait to start training!”

CHAPTER NO. 8 ROCK HARD TRAINING

At two in the afternoon Candy and Cody finish having their lunch by the PokeMart and head to Oreburgh Gate to find Onix. When they enter the cave they are immediately stopped by a gang of Psyducks. Psy!
Candy asks, “Can we please enter the cave? There- BLURBULARBL!” The water Pokemon shoot Water Gun at her face
Cody shouts, “Hey, that- BLARBLARBLUB!” Frustrated, Cody takes Turtwig out of his Pokeball, “BLUBLARBLUB! Razor Leaf! BLUBLARB!” The attack knocks out the wild Psyducks, “Thanks, Turtwig.” Turtwig glows and evolves into Grotle. “Wow! You finally evolved!” Cody hugs Grotle. Grotle~.
Candy and Cody walk further into the cave and see another group of Psyducks blasting water into a corner. Geodude! Candy shouts, “Oh no! That Geodude is being tormented by those Psyducks!”
“Grotle, scare the Psyducks away with a Seed Bomb!” The Seed Bomb knocks out one Psyduck and the rest scatter. Cody goes over to the Geodude, “You’re in bad shape. This will help you.” He sprays a potion on the wild Geodude and it feels better immediately. Geodude! “That’s weird, I don’t see any rock Pokemon on this level. They must be on the lower floor.” The entire cave shakes then stops. “That was strange.”
They go down stairs with Geodude following them. They see Onix pinned to a wall. Candy shouts, “Onix?! What’s going on?!” Golduck! A Golduck with mystic water around its neck floats in the air using its psychic powers; it also throws Geodudes around with telekinesis.
“A Pokemon trainer must have released their Golduck here and it wasn’t happy about being left behind. Grotle, save the Geodudes! Use Razor Leaf!” Golduck uses the Geodudes as a shield then shoots them at Grotle; leaving it in critical condition. “Shoot!” Grotle is returned to its Pokeball.
“Could we defeat this Golduck using your Kicketot’s Bide attack?” Asks Candy.
“No, Golduck is too far away to get hit by the blast.”
Candy thinks for a few seconds then comes up with a plan, “I got it! Puddle can swim to Golduck and Kritetot can use Bide while holding onto her back. When Puddle and Kriketot get close to Golduck, Kriketot can unleash its energy and Puddle can attack it.”
“That’s a great idea!” Cody releases Kriketot and Candy releases Puddle, “Kriketot, Hold onto Puddle’s back and use Bide.” Kriketot glows.
“Puddle, carry Kriketot over to Golduck!” Puddle jumps into the water and carries Kricketot on her back. Golduck uses Surf and a massive wave crashes down on Puddle and Kricketot. “Hang in there you two!” A Psybeam penetrates the water and hits Puddle; she continues to swim despite the powerful hit. Puddle finally gets close to Golduck and Kriketot is brimming with power from the Surf. Golduck telekinetically throws the bug Pokemon away from it. “Oh no!” The Geodude jumps over the water to catch Kriketot then throws him back at Golduck. Kriketot’s attack explodes all over Golduck knocking it to the ground. Geodude sinks to the bottom of the pool after saving its friends. “Poor Geodude.”
Golduck gets back up and uses Zen Headbutt on Kriketot; knocking it out. Puddle is too paralyzed in fear to attack the powerful water Pokemon. It turns to face Puddle, then four rocky hands come from behind and push it down. The Geodude emerged from the water as a Graveler. Graveler uses Rock Slide on the Golduck causing its mystic water to fall off. Puddle picks it up and uses a powered-up Bubblebeam on Golduck. Golduck faints causing Puddle to evolve into Prinplup. Puddle carries everyone back to the other side of the cave. “Puddle, you evolved!” Candy hugs her newly evolved Pokemon. Prinplup lets out a cry. “Sorry, I forgot you’re hurt.” Cody heals all of the Pokemon Golduck hurt with his potions.
Onix and the other Geodudes look at Graveler and Puddle and bow to them. Cody says, “Wow, you two got the respect of the strongest Pokemon in this cave!” Onix seems to ask Puddle a question and she answers.
“What do you think they’re saying?” Asks Candy.
“Looking at their body language, it seems Puddle is telling Onix she wants to train with him.” Onix nods its head.
“Thank you Onix!” Candy’s Pokemon trained with the rock Pokemon of Oreburgh Gate for the rest of the day; after that they would go there to train for the next three days.

CHAPTER NO. 9 ROUND TWO AT THE OREBURGH GYM

“Thanks for training with us, Onix. We have to go back to the Pokemon Center and heal up. Goodnight.” Candy walks away from Onix with Cody until Onix slams his tail in front of them, “What the heck, Onix?!” Onix pokes his nose in Candy’s bag causing her Pokeballs to spill out. “Wait, do you want me to catch you?” Onix nods, “Oh, but who’s going to look after your friends?” Onix looks at Graveler and he gives a thumbs-up, “Cool, Graveler is going to take care of you guys.” Onix looks down at Candy, “Here we go!” Candy throws the Pokeball at Onix 1… 2… 3… Click! “Hmm, I’m not sure what to name you.”
Cody scans Onix’s Pokeball with his Pokedex, “Here’s Onix’s stats.” He faces the screen to Candy.
“Ability: Sturdy. Sturdy’s a good name for him! I’ll go with that!” They say their goodbyes to the rock Pokemon and head back to the Pokemon Center.
The next morning they go back to the Oreburgh Gym. “Are you ready for round two?” Asks Rory.
“I sure am!” Candy shouts. Rory’s trash coat Wormadam comes out if her Pokeball and Sparks the Luxio comes out of his. Luxio intimidates Wormadam with his ability. Candy thinks, (So this is the third Pokemon Cody was talking about.)
“Wormadam, use Protect!” a transparent bubble surrounds the Pokemon.
“Alright then, use Leer, Luxio!” Luxio intimidates Wormadam further. Wormadam’s protection fades, “Now use Spark!” Wormadam gets knocked over and sustains a decent amount of damage.
“Metal Sound!” Wormadam scrapes her metal body against the steel battlefield creating a horrid noise; Sparks and Candy cover their ears.
Candy yells over the noise, “Hit it with another Spark!” Sparks charges up his electricity and prepares to attack.
“Mirror Shot, now!” Wormadam gets off the ground and blasts Sparks with a bright close range metallic blast, stopping his attack.
The bright light partially blinds Sparks, “Bite it!” Sparks misses his attack.
“Hit it with another Mirror Shot!” The blast shoves Sparks near the edge of the battlefield and blinds him even more.
“Sparks, move away from the line!” Sparks walks out of the battlefield.
“Ring-Out! Luxio is out of the battle!”
“Dang!” Sparks is shot back into his ball, “Go get ‘em, Mach!” Mach the Staravia flies out of his Pokeball, “Do Double Team!” Mach makes the illusion of him multiplying.
“Quiver Dance!” Wormadam dances around the battlefield for a bit.
Candy thinks, (That’s seriously a Pokemon move?) “Double Team again!” It looks like there are four Machs now.
“Shoot it down with Mirror Shot!” The attack went through a copy. “Oh shoot!”
“Use Wing Attack!” Wormadam falls on her back from the attack.
“Use Mirror Shot while it’s above you!” Mach gets hit on his wing and falls to the ground. “Now, finish it off with Mirror Shot!” Wormadam gets up and shoots her attack.
“Fly up and away from the blast!” Mach jumps up, but gets hit in the leg and falls down again; he is in critical condition.
“One last Mirror Shot!”
“Quick Attack!” Mach moves with all of the energy he has left and pushes Wormadam off the battlefield.
“You gave my Pokemon a ring-out; not bad.” Wormadam returns to her ball.
“You did your best, Mach. You can rest now.” Mach avoids the returning beam, “You wanna fight to the very end?” Mach gets off the floor and nods, “Alright!”
Shieldon comes out of his Great Ball with a smug look on his face when it recognizes its opponent.
Mach is ready to fight, “Mach, use Endeavor!”
“Staravia knows what?!” Mach partly recovers and Shieldon takes a lot of damage. Shieldon’s face turns into a grimace. “Shieldon, finish it off with Ancient Power.”
The massive attack knocks out Mach; Candy returns him to his Pokeball. Candy and Rory switch out Pokemon at the same time; Candy thinks, (He must think I’m taking out Puddle.) Sturdy comes out of his ball and Magneton comes out of his. (He evolved his Magnemite?!)
“Magneton, set up a Light Screen!” A glowing barrier forms in front of Magneton.
“Sturdy, use Dragon Breath on Magneton!” Little damage is inflicted onto Magneton, but it becomes paralyzed. “Yeah, it worked! Follow that up with Screech!” The paralyzed Pokemon lowers its defense due to the horrid screech.
Rory shouts over Sturdy, “Magneton, shut it up with a Sonic Boom to the mouth!” The attack knocks Sturdy’s head back and makes him cough hard.
“Use Tri Attack!” Magneton tries to move but just ends up screaming in pain from the paralysis.
“Are you all right, Sturdy?” He coughs a few more times then he coils his tail to represent a thumbs up to Candy. “Good, now hit Magneton with a Rock Slide!”
“Blast away the rocks with your Thunderbolt!” Few rocks are broken from the Thunderbolt, but the ones that do hit inflict little damage.
Candy thinks, (Wow, Magneton is way tougher than I thought.) “Sturdy, use Curse!” Sturdy glows purple then the glow fades. (Now he’s tougher and stronger, but just a bit slower.)
“Magneton, use Tri Attack!” The attack does little damage on impact, but a shard of ice rapidly expands until Sturdy is entirely frozen.
“Sturdy, can you break free from the ice?!” He does not respond, “This is bad!” Candy switches out Sturdy with Puddle.
“Knock it out with Thunderbolt!” Magneton charges it up but stops when its paralysis kicks in. The Light Screen fades.
“Now’s our chance! Bubblebeam Magneton off the battlefield!” Puddle releases a long lasting Bubblebeam from its mouth into the opposing Pokemon. The mystic water around her neck glows as it powers up the attack.
Magneton inches toward the battle field’s line, “Come on! Use your Thunderbolt!” Magneton releases electricity from its magnets; the electricity goes through its wet body, up the Bubblebeam, and to Puddle’s mouth. Both Pokemon are knocked out by the Thunderbolt. “Wow, I didn’t think Magneton would hurt itself from being wet!” Both trainers change Pokemon; Candy releases Squirmie the Beautifly and Rory releases Shieldon. “Use Ancient Power!”
“Release your Stun Spore now!!!” As the rocks hit Squirmie Shieldon breaths in the spores making it paralyzed. Candy switches out her fainted Squirmie for Sturdy, “Please thaw out, Sturdy!” The frozen giant emerges from its Pokeball.
“Hit it with Ancient Power!” The ice surrounding Sturdy shatters when he falls on the hard steel floor.
“Yay! You’re back! Use Dragon Breath on Shieldon!” Shieldon is in critical condition.
“Ancient Power, again!”
“Hit it with Rock Slide!” They hit each other at the same time. Onix gets back up, but Shieldon does not.
Rory returns Shieldon to his Great Ball, “That was an amazing battle! You used great strategies to best my Pokemon. Here, have this Mine Badge and badge case.” Candy receives the gym badge and case. “Oh yeah, and your prize money.” Rory gives her thirty thousand Pokeyen.
“Thank you.” She smiles, returns Sturdy, and walks back to the entrance to meet Cody.
Cody says, “That was an amazing battle Candy! You looked like a real pro out there!”
Candy blushes, “Thanks Cody.” They walk to the Pokemon Center together and Candy gets her Pokemon healed.
“Where’s the next closest gym from here?” Asks Candy.
Cody looks at the map feature on his Pokedex, “We can’t go to Hearthome City next, because some crazy ice Pokemon attacked Route 207 and now it’s covered in sharp icicles; it’s too dangerous to cross. We have to go back to Jubilife, go through Floaroma Town and Eterna Forest, then we’ll finally arrive at Eterna City where the next gym is.”
“That’s a much longer walk than what it took to get us here; but I’m ready to take it on!”
“Great, let’s go!” The two Pokemon trainers continue their journey as they head for Eterna City.

The night prior: A Team Geo helicopter flies over Route 207, “The cargo has woken up and is resisting! We need a super elite to take care of this!” A grunt shouts over the radio. Intense beeps come from under the helicopter and it shakes violently, “Bring every fire, fighting, and steel Pokemon you have at HQ! It’s getting more aggressive!” BEEP! The entire helicopter is covered in a thick sheet of ice causing it to lose altitude. Regice smashes through the frozen rubber net and slows its fall by using Ice Beam, covering the entire area in ice. A jet descends at high speed, aiming its nose at the legendary Pokemon. It shoots Ice Beam at the jet and the pilot seat ejects before the jet hits Regice; not leaving a scratch on the titan.
“So, you’re the legendary Pokemon Regice. Pleasure to meet you, my code name is Landorus, I’m a super elite member of Team Geo.” Landorus says.
A female voice from his ear piece shouts, “Quit flirting with the Pokemon and catch it already!”
“Don’t worry, I got this.” Heatran releases from his Ultra Ball, “Lava Plume.” Landorus smerks as Regice’s land of ice starts to melt. Regice runs through the fire and hits Heatran with a devastating blow. “So, you know Superpower. This is what a real Superpower looks like!” Machamp bursts out of his Ultra Ball and leaves Regice in critical condition from his attack. Regice blasts Machamp with a close range Zap Cannon, seriously hurting it. “Heatran, finish it off with Heat Wave.” The flames consume Regice and Landorous throws an Ultra Ball 1… 2… 3… Click! “Those grunts are so worthless, I can’t believe they had to put it to sleep and use a net because it kept resisting their balls. Alright, return you two.” He pockets Regice and returns his Pokemon to their Ultra Balls. Darkrai watches from a distance but flies away knowing it's outmatched.

Last edited:
Platinum Never Tarnishes. But this fic did. Let's see what's left, though.

C4
- Why did the grunts need to break into a store that was already open?
- Overdose of X Attacks, but hey, shoutouts to those
- These police officers are hilariously incompetent. If the area's too dense how did the crooks get in?!
- “Is anyone there?” / “Um, no.” <- l m a o
- Wait they hurt Grotle? Is it suddenly a Grotle now between just randomly being clowned and now?
- Worthless cop.
- Suddenly cooperating with the grunts!
- Well credit where it's due. For as much flaws as this fic has, this is the most Cosmic Brain strat I have ever seen in one. Bide abuse.
- And a body check from a human finishes it off.
- And they're fine with just letting the grunts walk away. Not from having a heart but just from deciding to do so. What the hell happened to the cop? Did he just die?

C5
- Find it amusing that PokeMart is like WalMart, a brand name.
- Wait what, this happened so fast that I didn't even realize it was her birthday. Came way out of nowhere.
- In keeping with the comedy theme. Items are on the ground a lot, but that is quite a bizarre thing for this random rare thing to conveniently be there.
- Guess you don't need badges to use them out of battle in this fic.
- Oh, I guess Grotle is a Turtwig again.
- Well technically Bubblebeam can be mastered faster without evolution so. Neat way to get a new attack in any case. Also, shoutouts to bizarrely saying this when his Pokemon has the very advanced Seed Bomb.
- Rory, huh? Not Roark? I guess that's a new guy in place. Coming into the next gym battle next time!

C6
- And yes, I was right. Steel leader first, huh? That's different!
- Hey, held items in a fanfic! I like it!
- Now we have a rival on our hands. The typical egotistical jerk rival, but not that it's a problem. It's a good contrast to the other characters in the fic. Also, not even giving a name.
- Until the nurse just offers it up. So much for doctor-patient confidentiality.
- Battle chapter, not too much to say about this one. Lots of stuff that isn't really seen a lot in most fics.

C7
- Huh, ring outs in a Pokemon Battle? That's new. Also probably very abusable.
- Wow, this leader's holding nothing back. Heard of a trainer having trouble with their first gym before, and it's good you're doing this. But this is a total curb stomp! He's holding nothing back!
- Wow, death by String Shot.
- Well the ending to the battle confused me, mostly due to how nonchalantly Silcoon was recalled and Shieldon was send back out. For a moment I forgot what Mach was and didn't know exactly what going on.
- And a bit of adorableness at the end.

C8
- Heh, that's one way to deal with random Psyducks in the way besides absurd fetch quests.
- Now it really is a Grotle.
- This is a neat little way to make wild Pokemon training more interesting. Resolving a feud between them.
- So there's suddenly a whole big megapool of water in the cave?
- Knock Off effect via Rock Slide?
- Winner! Though thought she was going to catch a Rock type as a result.

C9
- Oh, she really is. Neat way of addressing how it's the leader too and the new Graveler can take over from it.
- I read "are you ready for round two" in Sigma's voice from Megaman X4.
- Opening with Protect? Well, I guess it deserved the Leer, then.
- Ring outs. Ring outs everywhere! You know, you kinda missed an opportunity to compare this to the Rhyperior from before, I feel.
- Ha, Endeavor. Though, how did she know that it had it and wanted to use it?
- Hey, a bit of mindgaming. Using an unexpected Pokemon.
- Guess we're using mechanics where electric types can still be paralyzed.
- That's a comedic way for a Pokemon to knock itself out, heh.
- And with that, victory! Also, shoutouts to the Mine Badge being moved here, sensibly.
- Hey, hold the damn phone! Did they just suicide bomb the Regice? How did the jet not explode on impact? How did it not hurt Regice, given that it has like no defense and metal is super effective?!?!!!!
- Wait Landor(o)us? They codenamed themselves after that? That's...kind of confusing, really.
- Well Team Geo casually has a not really Legendary and now has another one. Cool?

It is a shame that Candy's adventures have ended here, but I enjoyed it while it lasted. For as don't care rushy as this fic was at times, the comedicness was kind of endearing, and it had a lot of positive traits and implemented things you don't often see in other Pokemon fics. Alas some things are not meant to be. Best of luck with your next work!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom