• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Play as the Opposite Gender?

Do you always play as the same gender?

• Yes, I never play as the opposite gender.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • No, I sometimes play as the opposite gender.

Votes: 96 75.0%

• Total voters
Always male. I've been interested in female PCs, but having two brothers who haven't hit puberty yet make that kind of impossible without day and night long mockery.

I nearly always play as the bloke xD I wanna play as an Eevee or an Abra though! A Pokemon trainer who is actually a Pokemon, lol!

Well I always play as a male since well im a dude because it would otherwise be really strange of me playing as the opposite gender. I also remember when Platinum was new I saw some guy playing as a girl in Diamond and I immediately asked him ''Why do you play as a girl?'' and he responded that he ''likes too'' and I was quite shocked at the moment but nevertheless I still laughed at him for such a choice but I know in retrospective that was really immature of my part but it was still hilarious.

I switch it up usually. I buy both versions but initially I always play as myself ever since D/P. After that I usually enjoy the girls since their outfits appeal to me more. I remember when Crystal came out I was PUMPED and played as Kris. After that the next game I played as a girl before boy was FR/LG with Leaf, as i found her ensemble adorable and shipped her with Blue (whom I named Bruce).

The other time was HG when I wanted to play as who I THOUGHT was Kris but was Lyra. I was disappointed and since it wasn't restarted and played as myself. The last time was White with Hilda as she looked too kick butt to not play.

I've never played as the opposite gender, except for version Crystal, and I didn't have a choice with that game since it was given to me by someone else (and I wasn't about to erase all their work over something a petty as trainer gender).

The only female protagonist I actually like is Dawn/Pearl. Because she's a lady.

I've never played as the opposite gender, except for version Crystal, and I didn't have a choice with that game since it was given to me by someone else (and I wasn't about to erase all their work over something a petty as trainer gender).

The only female protagonist I actually like is Dawn/Pearl. Because she's a lady.

What do you mean by that? If you mean by the design wise looking like she is older than she should, I think May looks a lot older than she should aswell xD

What do you mean by that? If you mean by the design wise looking like she is older than she should, I think May looks a lot older than she should aswell xD

Just a subtle reference to her manga incarnation, Lady Berlitz.

I also remember when Platinum was new I saw some guy playing as a girl in Diamond and I immediately asked him ''Why do you play as a girl?'' and he responded that he ''likes too''

Reminds me of that one internet cliche regarding girls on the internet (and that one hilarious moment in episode one of Sword Art Online where it comes up when the death game starts, with obvious results): on the internet, there are no actual girls, because "girl" stands for "guy in real life. While not completely true, there are cases where it is.

I usually play as a guy, but depending of the female design I may slip into a dress :)

With every new game I get, I always start out playing a male character. Then, on my next file, I'll play female, and continue to alternate each time I restart the game. (The exception being Soul Silver, where I always play as Ethan. Not that I particularly like him or anything *cough*)

I'm a boy but from Crystal all the way up to Black, I played as the girls. Black2, as well. Blue, Silver, Black and X were my only boy playthroughs. Aside from that, I always play as the girls. Better designs.

I always played as a male and gave the character my own name, I never understood why do people liked to play as the opposite gender so much. I mean, there's a reason why they give you a choice for both your gender and name in the first place, I think the reason is to appeal to players from both genders so they can represent themselves in the games.

...However, I believe I regret doing that in Generation V. I Memory Linked to myself so now it's a little annoying and confusing that they say "Gabriel" to refer both the White and White 2 main character. Not to mention I headcanon protagonists to be from different genders in different games, Hilda being the one for BW. And now in XY there's a lot more customization for females than there's for males. Sigh...

I decided I'm going to play as a female for the first time in ORAS and probably giving her her real name, because I already played as Brendan once. And if customization continues, there's a high chance that I'm going to get more options that way.

I'm a dude
In-game, I'm a dude

I'm a straightforward dude, actually

Except for the first games, where you could only play as a guy, I had mostly played as a girl. But I couldn't stand Hilda's design so I played as the male that time.

Recently I've been doing nuzlockes as the opposite gender just for fun.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom