• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Play POKEMON in other LANGUAGES

which LANGUAGES did you play POKEMON?

• English

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Spanish

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • French

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Japanese

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Korean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)

• Italian

• German

• Total voters

Rika

average pokemon trainer
Reaction score
pokemon games In the sixth generation started to put the option to change the language whatever was your region, then in the seventh generation added two more languages, which make in total 9 languages (Japanese, English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Korean, and Simplified and Traditional Chinese.) to choose to play pokemon. what do you think about it? answer the question below:

QUESTIONS
1 - Did you play pokemon in another language? which one? which game?

2 - advantages and disadvantages to play pokemon in other languages (opinion)

3 - Do you nickname your pokemon?

4 - Do you like the option to play pokemon in other languages? why?

5 - would you like to play in another language?
(like russian, egyptian, arabic, portuguese, swedish, etc.)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I've never learned another language (only a bit of Spanish, but I only took about three days of that in middle school before...for whatever reason...my parents got me switched to study hall), so English is my only option.

Prior to XY, the games were always available in english in Latin America. I understood most of what they say, but I felt a little disconnected from the characters.

Nowadays I play in spanish, because the translation is not bad and I feel comfortable with it.

I am learning japanese so I could be interested on playing on that language when I learn more. The fact that early games have very little kanji is quite attractive too.

en & sp. it was nice to have the options, but i ultimately didn't care since both were easy for me. though it was nice to have them all in the games by default i guess so i didn't have to buy separate games for en or sp

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom