• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Please help me extend my Pichu collection

PichuFan

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been collecting Pichu Pokémon cards on and off for about 15 years now. Outside of that, I haven't really focussed much attention on the Pokémon TCG scene for a very long time.

Last month, by chance, I discovered the Japanese Michina Temple (DPt-P Promo 44) promotional card from 2009 which features Pichu in the card's graphic. I only discovered this because somebody listed it on eBay with "Pichu" in the listing's title. Here it is:

024272_T_MICHINASHINDEN.jpg

Up until the point, the only card in my collection which wasn't an actual Pichu was the Illusion's Zorua featured in my avatar. Since then, I've been on the hunt for other cards which feature Pichu, and I've stumbled upon several of them:

Pokémon Collector
This card has 7 variants, all featuring Pichu.

ypyK5fp.png

Pokémon Fan Club
This card has 18 variants, where around half feature Pichu or a child in a Pichu costume.

YkTWQnU.png

I was only able to discover these by meticulously going through every single Trainer card featured on the Pokemon.com website, however considering that this doesn't include cards like Michina Temple, or the version of the Pokémon Fan Club card I've pictured above, I'm sure there are going to be more cards featuring Pichu on which I've completely missed.

Bulbapedia does a good job of listing actual Pichu cards on it's Pichu TCG page, but this page doesn't list the cards I've mentioned above.

I'm posting here asking for help: if anyone knows of any cards featuring Pichu on their illustration which are not mentioned above, could you please let me know?

Thank you all!

Trying to edit my previous post to include another one I've just found was triggering the spam filter. Apologies for the double post:

Lucky Stadium
Lucky Stadium (Neo Destiny 100) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

i2QMSHL.png

The cheapest one of these on eBay right now is $136, with a PSA 10 one for a whopping $286... even though 95 have been graded in total, 57 of which are grade 10! I think I'll wait until I can find a much cheaper one.

I'm not much help only knowing the basics of the TCG, but I definitely commend your dedication to your collection.

I doubt I'll ever get my hands on the full set of Spiky-eared Pichus from the Japanese 2009 design contest, but looking at the images of the set on Bulbapedia I've noticed one of the Arceus cards features Pichu as well:

024344_P_ARUSEUSU.jpg

Back in 2012 on eBay the full set of 13 cards (consisting of 6 Pichu designs and 7 Arceus designs) was up for grabs for $5,000, but it didn't sell. Fast forward to today, and one of the Arceus cards (featuring Pikachu) is currently listed at $4,000. I do have some faith though, as I doubt that will receive any bids. I'd assume each card to be worth around $500.

If you could list each English set and card number you need, I might be able to help you out.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom