• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

please rate and help me with this team.

Chaosblazer

Reaction score
ok guys this is my team, but i need some help.

current leader
Starmie@Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
Ev's 252 spe, 252 SpA, 4 hp
Nature:Timid (-Atk,+ Spe)
Surf
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

I know Starmie isn't the best leader out there, but mine works pretty well with it's variating moveset, as it's able to scout apposing pokemon and then move in for the kill when need be, only real flaw is running into an opposing Scizor or Weavile at the start of the match since they usually try to pursuit me, but while Scizor pays for this, Weavile doesn't as it's faster, overall though i find this pokemon to well balanced and it suits my needs well.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 26 HP/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion
- Flash Cannon

a standard choice zone, it works well so far, as long as Heatran doesn't show up.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability:Blaze
Ev's 64 Atk, 192 Spe, 252 SpA
Nature: Naive (+ Spe, -SpD)
HP Ice
Grass Knot
Close Combat
Fire Blast

My Mixape, functions as well as Magnezone, in someways even better.

Clefable@leftovers
Ability:Magic Gaurd
Ev's 252hp 252 SpD, 4 spe
Nature:Bold
Thunder wave
Reflect
Seismic Toss
Softboiled.

My utility worker, she comes in on special pokemon and paralyzes them while setting up reflect to help deal with physical defense, softboiled is for healing, and Seismic toss for attacking, and more reliable than ice beam.

Gliscor@leftovers
Ability:Hyper Cutter
Ev's:202 hp, 90 atk, 216 spe
Nature:Jolly
Swords Dance
X-Scissor
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Pretty simple, one swords dance then go off into attacking, still has a high defence to endure blows and has enough speed to outrun lucario without a choice scarf on, Stone Edge handles flying types (thanks to hyper cutter Gyarados and Salamance can't drop his attack either.) Earthquake takes care of steels and X-scissor is there to deal with grass types, the only two pokemon that wall this set are Foretress and Skarmory but i've got ways to deal with them.

and finally we have the skeptical one, the one i really want to use but...it's hard to figure out.

Dragonite@Lum berry
224 HP / 84 Atk / 200 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Fire Punch

Dragon Dance to set up, Outrage for a Stab move, Fire Punch to cover Steels which would otherwise wall this set, and Extremespeed for emergencies, but now matter how much I try to get it to work, it doesn't seem to do well in battle, i really love dragonite and have been wanting to use it now that it has extremspeed but i don't know since it can't seem to beat people down outright.

so there you have it in a nutshell, this is what i have so far, but i need a good phyiscal sixth pokemon (since i'm not to sure about Dragonite anymore, and will probably need a replacement.) to round the team off and don't know who to pick, need help badly.

Swap Starmie and 'Nite around. With his bulk and new access to a priority attack he makes a great lead:

Dragonite @ Focus Sash or Lum Berry
Inner Focus
Rash
4Atk//252SpA//252Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Extremespeed
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power Grass

DM + ES takes out all Focus Sash users. Focus Sash helps against Stone Edge users (Aero), whereas Lum Berry helps against Smeargle/Roserade. Fire Blast 2HKOs Metagross, Fire Blast + ES for Roserade, and Hidden Power Grass takes care of Swampert, and HP Grass with a DM after kills Hippowdon.

Azelf: Draco Meteor + Extremespeed
Metagross: Fire Blast twice
Jirachi: Fire Blast twice, Inner Focus saves you from Iron Head flinchhax
Aerodactyl: Draco Meteor + Extremespeed
Swampert: Hidden Power Grass twice
Infernape: Draco Meteor + Extremespeed
Ninjask: Draco Meteor/Fire Blast + Extremespeed
Roserade: Fire Blast + Extremespeed
Smeargle: Draco Meteor + Extremespeed
Hippowdon: Draco Meteor twice or Hidden Power + DM

Leave Starmie as is, or stick on Rapid Spin over Psychic, if you fancy it. Can be used as a great revenge killer.

Actually, starmie makes an excellent anti-lead, although I would run
Starmie@Life Orb/ Leftovers
252 sp attack/ 252 speed
Timid
HP Ground 70
Grass Knot
Surf
Rapid Spin

2HKOs many common leads, as Well as a spinner. It works.

don'trunwithscizor thanks so much for the lead nite as it's helped me so very much, and DCM I did give my Starmie Rapid spin to help it.

but now i have a different problem, I want to try and keep my team balanced and right now thanks to lead nite I have two mixers (Dragonite and Infernape) One Physical (Gliscor) one techinical worker(Clefable, although other sites keep insisting i switch it for Cresselia) and two special fighters. (Rapid spin on Starmie isn't enough to clarify it as a mixer as that move is only there to get rid of Steatlh rock, not really meant to hurt the enemy.)

Now I'd really like to keep Starmie since it has a better move set than Magnezone does, and doesn't have to rely on a choice item, but because of this, i need to replace magnezone with a good physical pokemon, but one that at least knows Electrical attacks, now normally I would say electrivire, but the one i've been using has been getting countered too easily these days (recently it got beaten down by a Swellow with one Facade following a flame orb kicking in, then got taken down in two hits by a techitop) it's almsot like the poor guy is so easy to counter now it's not even funny.

I need help picking out a good physical pokemon to round off this team, any suggestions?

Standard Swords Dance Luc?
Gliscor can take the Ground and Fighting attacks aimed at it, although I'll think harder..

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom