• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Please Rate My Doubles Team

Reaction score
So, I've come to realize that teams in Singles don't tend to do so well in Doubles. So I've decided to try out making an actual Doubles Team and I would like some advice.

It's pretty much a Sun Team~

Cherrim@Choice Specs
Ability: Flower Gift
Nature: Modest
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Moves:
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Solar Beam

I really just wanted to use a Cherrim, so I just kinda threw a set together. Major Problem is Probably Protect since my item is Specs.

Ninetales@Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Nature: Timid
Moves:
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp

Moves are a bit random for coverage. Ninetales is mainly to set up the sun.

Heat Rotom@Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Nature: Calm
Moves:
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

I don't remember giving it this nature, but I assume it's good since it was the suggested one. Never used one, so advice is appreciated on this one in particular.

Landorus-Therian@Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Never used one of these either. Moves are just sort of random again, as is the item since I had no idea what to give him.

Charizard@Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
Moves:
- Dragon Pulse
- Air Slash
- SolarBeam
- Heat Wave

Salamence@Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Moves:
- Heat Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Tailwind

I've used a Salamence before, but not one like this. Again, not really the deepest thought into the moveset. Tailwind is mainly for Cherrim, but the other members could also benefit from it, too.

I had my first battle with the team here: Smogon Doubles replay: hanif98 vs. Haora - Pokémon Showdown. I think I may have just gotten lucky with the opponent, plus I don't really know much about Doubles play, anyway. Haven't had another go at it since I would like some advice before I try to use it again with all the flaws that it has.

Thanks for any help~

Major major Rock Slide weakness. I'd personally drop Rotom-H, the momentum gained by Volt Switch isn't as important since doubles is so fast-paced anyways. Choice also sucks in Doubles, try Life Orb on Cherrim (and maybe Weather Ball over Giga Drain). Charizard should be rockin' Protect over DPulse. Landorus-T would like Lefties or something, because Choice sucks as I've mentioned. 'Tales could also use Protect over Energy Ball.

E: Derp forgot to suggest a replacement for Rotom-H. Try like Conkeldurr or something.

Well, I felt Volt Switch was an effective way to get rid of Overheat stat reduction while doing some damage instead of just switching. Life Orb and Leftovers sound good for items. I may switch up Energy Ball on Ninetales, but I'd like to be able to have some coverage for Rock, Ground, and Water, since that is my weakness here~ I also have Dragon Pulse since my only other good way of beating Dragons is a low accuracy move.

I would try Conkeldurr, but I'm not really convinced it would be better than Rotom just yet~ Thanks for the advice!~

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom