• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Please Rate My VGC/Rank Team

Gligarman

Unova! Represent!!
Reaction score
I'll get right to it. I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 1 and this is the first time I've ever tried to dip my toe in the competitive pool. Since VGC wasn't going to happen this year I thought I'd try my hand at Ranked Matches and my goal this month has been to reach Mast Ball. This team so far has greatly contribute to me reaching Rank 9 for the first time and still climbing! I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: Perfect
- Extreem Speed
- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand

My Togekiss has one primary purpose, to draw as many of the attacks on the field to it as possible. I've been told Togekiss can be quite good when it comes to sweeping but I preferred to make a tank Togekiss as it tends to absorb many heavy attacks and still have a few turns left. Though it's still capably at taking down weakened enemies if the situation allows it.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IV's: Perfect
- Thunder
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Protect

I never, EVER call this guy out without Togekiss because of it's terribly low HP. But admittedly I created this entire team as a means to showcase it's unique G-Max form and abilies and so far I've been pretty successful. I was lucky enough to have caught one that already knew Surf which gives me some extra coverage. But surf also allows me to bring forth rain which is beneficial to me given that I always have a water type on me.

Urshifu (Rapid Strike Style) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 Attack / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IV's: 5 HP / 5 Atk / 5 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat
- Surging Strike
- Protect

If all went right with Pikachu then by the time this dude's called out it's already raining. So the ideal situation is Pikachu is still up and about spamming Thunder or Surf and Urshifu is laying waste with its assortment of water moves. I've been told that Choice Band is good for it but I don't like being locked into a single move with I have more than one type to rely on so I go with Mystic Water instead. Aqua Jet also comes in handy since it seems like depending on my ranking I get stuck battling tons of Trick Room teams.

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 Attack / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IV's: 5 Atk / 5 Def / 5 Spe
- Protect
- Sucker Punch
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts

Dragapult is mainly here because it tends to just give me good all-around coverage. While it has several weaknesses it's strong and fast enough to evade most of them. It's also one of the few Pokemon I have that can attack both opponents at once so it has that added benefit. I also tend to get matched up against strong Psychic types so it also comes in handy there too.

Accelgor @ Quick Claw
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IV's: 5 Atk / 5 HP / 252 Spe
- Final Gambit
- Water Shuriken
- Yawn
- Bug Buzz

This is who I call out in case of emergencies. My Pikachu/Togekiss team-up is easily threatened by fast Pokemon who can perform strong attacks to both opponents at once. So in the event that I see that coming that's where Accelgor comes in to take them out kamikaze style. However int he unlikely event that he stays around for more than one turn he cause also be useful against someone trying to use a Focus Sash on me or for slowing down Dynamaxed opponents.

Torkoal @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IV's: 5 HP / 5 SpA / 5 Def
- Explosion
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam

Torkal joined this team because of one too many Trick Room defeats. I generally tried to prioritize speed when I was first getting competitive but Torkal helps me bounce back in case the opponent flips the speed priority on me. It's also handy because it's the only Pokemon on my team that gives me Fire coverage in addition to Ground coverage.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom