• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Please Tell Me

pajarodune

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
In the Pokémon video games, where's this "Dodge it!" command they keep on spamming in the animé series?

yeah, there isn't
and this is a bit of a random thread :S so will get locked lol

The Dodge it command in the games can be used when a move has less than 100% accuracy. Those moves are easier to dodge than more accurate moves :loopy:

Here's an example:

Gengar, use Focus Blast!

Tyranitar, Dodge it!

Gengars attack missed!

Tyranitar used Crunch, it's super effective. Gengar Fainted.

Lol.
Pretty much what Trog said.

But what you're referring to, is only in the Anime.

Thanks.

*sigh*
Like everyone else said, "Dodge" is an anime-exclusive tactic.

Bottom line is: Games don't equal anime.

Dodge is commanding the Pokémon to move out of the way of an attack, so when it says "[Pokémon]'s attack missed!" you can assume the Trainer said "Dodge it!" or something similar.

All I have to say is that it annoys the crap out of me whenever I hear it.

Yeah, every move in the anime is a lot less accurate than its equivalent in the game. Plus, things like Agility boost your evasiveness!

that suck y is not a dodge it it would be so helpful in the gmae I would win more battle with mt freinds if there was it

I think the question was answered already. =\
Don't bump OLD threads.

This thread is... like... slightly over a month old. It's not like it's thread necromancy or something. Still, though, the topic has been discussed. Someone with appropriate powers over this area of the forums should lock it when they get the chance.

There cleary isn't one, if so, the game would be ruined you'll get people on wifi doing it all the time.

...The thing that annoys me about the whole "Dodge it!" thing is that it seems like the Pokemon never dodges unless its trainer tells it to.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom